|
Author Topic:   TM & Firewalls
=DNX= Matrix
posted March 08, 2002 08:02 AM            
I got it set to "permit all" on the tm.exe but connecting to servers just gives a "timed out" message ~ any clues ?

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 08, 2002 08:43 AM            
I have my TM.exe and treadmarks.exe to permit all but I have to go in and change the default trojan rule that blocks port 12300 I think it is.

I delete that rule and create a new rule that allows only the current tm servers ip's access on those few tm ports. When a new server comes out I have to ad it to the rule. That's what works for me anyway.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 08, 2002 01:56 PM            
Thx man, worked a treat.... the bios thing worked too so im all in for DDM's now I CAN FINALLY PLAY !!! YAY

I played today with [DOG}Bonzo as a team m8 nd my god we did well Kevlar- you a pretty good team-m8 as well

Like to see more of this "team co operation" watching each others rears rather than just going in for the kill mindlesly - made a nice change

Thx for the games guys - i only left cos When RedDog joined my ping went upto 9000 and i couldnt see diddly squat till i was hit by it already.....

DOG Corpse i think got sick of chasing me round lol !...

look guys - 3 DOGS, no dnx or lws and 1 bwl..... no wonder dog won the tourney lol they are dedicated lol Less ppl in the forum - more ppl on the servers plz, if you can spend 10 mins looking at the forum you prob have time to play a game too hehehe....

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 08, 2002 02:11 PM            
Cool, glad the firewall thing worked out.

But the one thing about the servers now is that it's lunch time here, but you guys, (UK'ers) are just getting off work, I guess it would be, what 6pm'ish. (1pm here CST)

I usually jump on and play a game or two at lunch. But I won't be able to play again until around 6pm here which is i guess 11pm there. But you are right as far as the tourneys go... 8 hours worth, is no excuse in missing.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 08, 2002 08:28 PM            
Thx on the tourneys kev... for those not in the know the uk is based in just one timezone - GMT.

Theres a world map displaying timezones on the treadmarks DMF page just under the paranor video link nr the top but as i understand it without checking it goes sumthin like this (correct me if i botch it)

EST = 5hrs behind GMT
CST = 7hrs behind GMT
PST = 8hrs behind GMT

I hear theres a mountain time which is 6 hrs (i think) again correct me if i botched... also for those who dont know dreamer is GMT +1 hr so hes 6 hrs in front of EST.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted March 09, 2002 01:20 AM            
You botched it.
EST = 5HRS behind
CST = 6HRS behind
MST = 7HRS behind
PST = 8HRS behind
Oh and then adjust for Daylight Savings time also. Spring forward, fall back by 1 hour.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 09, 2002 04:03 AM            
Lmao, i knew i would lol.... thx /\ ][ ]_ O /2 - i screwed up mst and cst didnt i lol.

IP: