This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Modded Map DDM for Sunday, 03/10/02
Paranor
posted March 07, 2002 01:47 PM            
So many maps to choose from - can't wait to try them all!

Go here to see which 3 maps we will be using: http://www.karllois.com/treadmarks/calendarevents/NewMap.htm

Next week (03/17/02) is standard DDM

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 07, 2002 02:56 PM            
The picture links just show a picture of the Tripod logo.

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 07, 2002 03:15 PM            

19th Green

Boomstickville

Green Cheez

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited March 07, 2002).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 07, 2002 05:07 PM            
looks like fun

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted March 07, 2002 05:09 PM            
Anyone else having a problem? The link I have goes directly to the GIF that Kong uses.

Yeah, can't wait to push people into fire hydrants/mailboxes. BOOYAH!

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 07, 2002 05:35 PM            
This is what I see when I click it...

But when I right click and do a save as I get the real thumbnails. Tripod... go figure...

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited March 07, 2002).]

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 07, 2002 06:21 PM            
chek it out beavis...boomstickville

yes! yes!
*beavis* hm hm heh ohhh yeah..well ill be damned hm heh , this is cool ye ye
[edit] i see this with tripod on just about every forum ive seen , stay away from them for dooin stuff like this
------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited March 07, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted March 08, 2002 07:17 PM            
BUMP

IP:

guido 1
posted March 08, 2002 11:16 PM         
i personally like 19th hole and have played it modded , it's a gas . count me in .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Paranor
posted March 09, 2002 10:49 AM            
I lost a picture I had where I shot a flower power to the club house and it was on top of a hill.

I also shot a nuke at it and the club house gets low enough where you can then use it's roof to some really nice jumps. YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 09, 2002 10:26 PM            
It may just be me but I am having trouble getting in that page above, Par.

I can back out to the domain name but the page link seems to be broken.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

synack
posted March 10, 2002 08:11 AM         
I'm getting a "page cannot be found"

IP:

guido 1
posted March 10, 2002 08:57 AM         
what do we have to download ???? i went to the server for today's ddm and got a map load failure .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

synack
posted March 10, 2002 09:10 AM         
the three maps shown above. 19th green, green cheez and boomstickville.

If par's link isn't working, you can get them all here too.
http://tmmaps.tripod.com/tmmaps/dmindexl.htm

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 10, 2002 01:54 PM            
BUMP!

Just a few hours away, get your maps... get em' while there hot.

Direct links, no excuses:
http://www.tm-central.com/ddm_maps/dmboomstickville.zip
http://www.tm-central.com/ddm_maps/dmgreencheez.zip
http://www.tm-central.com/ddm_maps/dm19thgreen.zip

------------------
TM-Central.com

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited March 11, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted March 10, 2002 02:09 PM         
got'em thanks.

------------------

IP:

KONG
posted March 10, 2002 08:56 PM            
I would appreciate it if you would not link directly to my files. please link to tmmaps.
or dload the maps and make a server pack.

I know, I know, you were just tryin to avoid confusion.

Just that I couldn,t play as alot of pplz waited till the ddm had started to dload maps and I didn't want to cut them off

but next time...

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 10, 2002 10:19 PM            
But it's the same link on the Treadmaps site, so.... I don't get it.

They would hit the same link but from a different page. How would that any different?

I mean, Par's page is still down. So there is only one place to get them... From those links, correct?

IP:

KONG
posted March 10, 2002 10:48 PM            
Kev, Sailor puts alot of work in on the tmmaps site. If ppl are too lazy to click a mouse and go there to get 3 maps, tough noogies. we do not link directly to anyones files on our site except one, the master map pack. and that was at your request. I am just making a simple request. kinda like a courtesy thing? Too much coffee, i'll shut up now.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted March 10, 2002 11:35 PM            
Here's a suggestion:

I think the problem is that there is no way to specify a specific map on Sailor's site and there are a LOT of maps there to search through... Just javascript a page on his site where the ?____ name indicates the file wanted and will display the screenshot for that file, etc. Assuming all files are in the same directory stucture format, that would be strait forward javascripting...if they aren't...uggggg.

If you need an example of how to do this: http://treadmarks.0catch.com/mods/file.html

You can make it much more versitile then the one I did though...mine is just a work-arround for the no direct offsite links idiocy of my host! And with IFrames you can even include descriptions on the page .

--RC

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited March 10, 2002).]

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted March 10, 2002 11:50 PM            
anyone else think the lag on boomstick ville was cos it was a mod or it was the fire hydrant water effect?

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 11, 2002 12:10 AM            
Kong... I know about the coffee problem.

I have no problem respecting you wishes about not linking. I never have listed a link before tonight and I will never list one to your site again. I am the one who recommended putting my map master link on the Treadmaps page as not to take hits away from the map site. With that out of the way...

I am having trouble understanding the part above where you say the map site has never link directly to any site... It links directly to your site just like it links directly to mine, What does it matter if I link one giant zip and you link a bunch of little one's. What are you referring to there????

The ONLY reason I am even replying to this a second time is because you said above you had a problem because you couldn,t play as alot of ppls waited till the ddm had started to dload maps and you didn't want to cut them off.

Tonight that statement was irrelevant. There is no two ways about it, weather someone click on the direct link here or the direct link on Sailors map site. Its the same exact link therefore there was no more traffic than their would have been. If you would have just said I prefer you not do then that would have been nuff said. But to make some kind of insinuation that I caused you to miss a DDM because you decided a long time ago to host the bulk files for Treadmaps.

It'll never happen again.

From now on I will definitely make a map pack and post a mirror for Par or whoever needs it and it will be a direct link to my site I have no problem with that.

EDIT:
Changed the direct links above... Problem solved.

Should have done that to begin with... my bad.

------------------
TM-Central.com

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited March 11, 2002).]

IP:

KONG
posted March 11, 2002 01:38 AM            
Aaaah, I didn't wanna play the ddm anyway, that was just a good excuse not to. why does everyone get so bent up when i post something here? Get the feeling like i'm not wanted.

was I wrong to point this out? I mean, if someone needed Tmapper I should give them a direct link or point them to treadmarks.de ?

Guess i'm just gettin really tired of this crap.

Oh, one more thing. We moved the files here because the 50 megs at tripod was at the limit. I'm sure you are well aware how much space all the maps take up.

I'm trying to make this post longer than yours but my fingers are getting tired now

so i'll have to stop

typing pretty soon now.

goodbye for now

Kong

thats better

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited March 11, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 11, 2002 07:27 AM            
Ah... Well you are a grown man you can miss a DDM if you want. Even if you were looking for an excuse.

Listen Raymond.... Underware is underware no matter where you buy it.

IP:

Paranor
posted March 11, 2002 01:58 PM            
Crap, didn't know my site wasn't working. Will have to fix that.

Kevlar & Kong - I'm confused. I'm going to be doing this again next month so I want to get it right.

I an relate to your problem Kong. When I made the TM Movie it was orignally loaded on my server at home and I couldn't do didly squat either.

The links I had on my site were taken from the TMMAPS site. Which I didn't know was hosted at your home.

As you said, I was just trying to make it easier on me and just used the links.

In the future, how about when I pick what maps to use I'll e-mail them to Kevlar and Kevlar, can you then host them on your site?

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2