|
Author Topic:   Server ENTS question
Paranor
posted March 04, 2002 01:40 PM            
I want to setup a server that just has airstrikes along with the 120mm and super ammo boxes and health. I elminiated all of the weapon ENTS except airstrike but they barely show up. I did modify the airstrike.ent to have a weight=100. But it hardly shows up. What am I messing up?

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

Karldar
posted March 04, 2002 01:52 PM            
Mebbe the weight of the spanners and super ammo are overpowering the air strikes? Not sure if the individual weights are figured as a percentage of the total ent weights used or by some other formula. Anyhoo, with only three ents spawning, I guess the air strike's weight isn't balanced with the others. Or mebbe I don't know what the hell I'm talkin' about... .

IP:

KiLlEr
posted March 04, 2002 02:37 PM            
The weights are exactly that, weights. The larger the number, the higher the likelyhood of the item showing up. They have to be in balance with the other items. Also, checkpoints/spawnpoints can override this. You might also want to check the checkpoint ents, if rebalancing the weights doesn't help.

IP:

Hammer
posted March 04, 2002 02:45 PM            
I don't know much about it. But I looked at the stock weight which is 70 so may be a weight much higher would help say 1000.
I know when I oput the elf gun in it originally had a weight of 10,000 and that was all I got was elves! Changed it to 1000 and it did the trick. But as I said I really don't know about this stuff.
Oh Well I just tried that here and with weight at 1000 didn't seem to make much difference. Must be something else to adjust.

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited March 04, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted March 04, 2002 04:35 PM            
Silly me - I assumed 100 was the max for weight - I'll try the much higher numbers.

Plus the other ideas. THANKS! The few times it did work was different. Something new I guess.

IP:

Rex R
posted March 05, 2002 01:46 AM            
think you will have to go with a weight of 300 or so if you want to have an equal chance of health etc. note you don't have to eliminate the unwanted ents just copy the weapon ents over to the addons\ents\weapon folder and weight them at 0(this way makes it easy to re-enable the weapons later)

IP: