|
Author Topic:   Midnight Run?
Sage
posted March 01, 2002 01:08 AM            
I was thinking, it seems almost every night around 11-11:30 p.m. A collection of players can be found playing on the LDA. These players may go on playing until 2a.m. or even longer. Anyway, I was thinking that we should have a Midnight DDM everynight. Now of course, this would be one of those DDM's where there is a ladder. This would be more of a layed-back sort-of DDM. Basiclly for those who like to play late at night This actually would be more of a sort of gathering then a real DDM.

Also, instead of called this gathering the Midnight DDM, it could be called the Midnight Run What do ya think?

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 01, 2002 03:38 AM            
From your point of view it looked like it got busy around 12EST but I play around that time almost everynight and humans are hard to find.Usually its just me and a couple of other people.I wil go to ICQ and try to roundup players sometimes...which is what I did tonight.I usually get on around 11est after I get home from work and wind down some.I can name the same people I see during that time that play amost everynight like I do and its not that many.Sometimes someone might show up out of the blue that dosen't usually play that time but that dosen't happen that often....So unless you can motivate more people to come that time it would be useless to have something at that time.I wouldn't expext more to show up without any encouragment.More power to ya if you decide to go on with it though and I'll back you up.

IP:

Paranor
posted March 01, 2002 01:33 PM            
I was on until 1:30 am thursday morning. Had to burn off some R&C beverages.

IP:

Sage
posted March 02, 2002 01:19 AM            
Well it's official. Every friday night starting at 11a.m. on the LDA server, Midnight Run will begin and end whenever there is only one person on the LDA server.

I will ask LDA to change some of the maps on the server to have better game-play

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 02, 2002 02:18 AM            
Midnight Run at 11:00 A.M.

Is that a typo Sage? lol

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 02, 2002 02:19 AM            
Like the new sig? hehe

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 02, 2002 03:11 AM            
It will be over before it starts if I'm the only one on LDA at that time of the night..which happens.....undisputed champion?

IP:

guido 1
posted March 02, 2002 09:23 AM         
heheheheehe super is so funny .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

guido 1
posted March 02, 2002 09:27 AM         
yea Sage LDA can't wait to here from you on changing the maps , hehehehehe . you amaze me .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Sage
posted March 02, 2002 03:38 PM            
Woo Hoo, just got a email from LDA saying that there going to change the maps heres the list
DM Caldera
DM Steppens
Not the Goat
Banks
Pinnacle
Turtles
Ice World
Bull
Masquito
Scarabe
Green Monster
Black Mesa
Desert Divas
The River
Kuhuna
And Wind Chill.
He also said that he'd set up a Racing server as well if wanted

------------------

IP:

Sage
posted March 02, 2002 03:50 PM            
Also, just thought i'd put this in, ZE's got a new member: =ZE=Plague.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 02, 2002 04:16 PM            
But LDA was our backup DM server and the server most people play on.It's the only fulltime server that can handle a big crowd.You should have put up the list here before you asked them to change stuff.No race.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 02, 2002 04:50 PM            
I'm just going over to the office now....

I won't be getting email while over there but I'll go onto AIM as LDA Jim and I'll check this board before making the changes.....

Jim

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 02, 2002 04:53 PM            
This is the current suggested list:

DM Caldera
DM Steppens
Not the Goat
Banks
Pinnacle
Turtles
Ice World
Bull
Masquito
Scarabe
Green Monster
Black Mesa
Desert Divas
The River
Kuhuna
Wind Chill

Jim

IP:

guido 1
posted March 02, 2002 07:29 PM         
ahem , cough , looks like the young sage will get his maps . all you guy's were right . it is a game for ALL ages ..... ( sigh ). anyone want to check with the under 13 crowd for their input ?????? heheehehee . i think i'll stay out of this one , don't want to interfere , even though between the 1.01 demo and the full game i've been playin almost 2 years . looks like we get to eat cake , better yet how bout some humble pie ?????? if sage wants race , who are we to deny him ??? super are you pickin on Sage cause he's 15 years old ???? after all i believeyou said this was't just an adult game .... and man were you right ...... jeez here i am with a mini-rant , bad Guido .... hehhehe .

------------------

IP:

KONG
posted March 02, 2002 07:43 PM            
how bout a lil cheez with that pie?

IP:

Irascible
posted March 02, 2002 08:12 PM            
Help for the mathamaticallyally challneged plez:

So would that be 11 "PM" Eastern? Supe said eastern, but I just want to confirm.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2002 10:16 PM            
Everyone deserves a slice of the pie bro ! age is nothing - games for all

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 02, 2002 11:08 PM            
Sage is the guy running it not me.I assume he means 12EST midnight since that is the standard we go by and he is on East Coast time.

I just don't want to waste a good,always on,server for racing.If he wants a race server I'll throw on up for him.Then as long as he is just asking for GOOD DM maps I don't have a problem.I don't have all of the map name memorized and know all that are good or bad by name.Just saying he should check with everybody before he emails LDA about changing the server,since it is the communities' server.Thats all.

IP:

Sage
posted March 02, 2002 11:40 PM            
Hehe, guys, I wan't a DDM server not a Raceing one. the LDA guy said he'd put up a racing server if WE wanted one.

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted March 03, 2002 01:21 AM            
not quite sure if those names are all spelled right, however they are IIRC all nice maps for fragging on

IP:

Irascible
posted March 03, 2002 04:04 AM            
Jeez Sage,
Supe has enough pressure in life without you confusing him with race sounding names like "Midnight Run". Cut him some slack.

And Supe,
Though Sage wasn't actually asking for a race server, if you don't like the idea you can just say so. Threatening to "throw on up for him" is pretty disgusting. He'll do his own barfing - thank you very much!

(sorry, it's late and I must be tired - I started cracking up when I read his typo)

IP:

guido 1
posted March 03, 2002 11:00 AM         
i think super meant he'd throw up a racing server for sage . hehe those typo's .

------------------

IP: