|
Author Topic:   Expansion
MikeDalmatian
posted February 28, 2002 09:51 AM            
The expansion of any of you clans is a good idea. This was mentioned back in my Performance Parts topic. One great game to move onto is Red Faction. It has a great storyline for the single player mode and it's awsome on the multiplayer mode. I even used =DNX= Dalmatian as a name on there to see if I would run into anybody I know. Oh and there's Alien vs Predator2 It's storyline is great but I have yet to see the multiplayer mode because of my internet problem. Come on over, I'm looking foward to shooting at a few of you. =P I will hop on Tread Marks as soon as Road Runner or any other internet service I run into is working for me. Oh and I hope it's not a problem to mention other games on this forum like that.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted February 28, 2002 11:21 AM            
Not a problem mike but you ain,t gonna get a better game than treadmarks. It ain,t been invented yet.

IP:

Paranor
posted February 28, 2002 12:10 PM            
Here, here bonzo dog!

No Mike, not a problem and welcome aboard.

IP:

Paranor
posted February 28, 2002 12:13 PM            
Hey, CONFUSION here. Is this DNX Dalmation also?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 28, 2002 12:58 PM            
Yup dats da fella course Id be more than happy for him to recruit and run a red faction division for us if hes bored of treadmarks - im always open to suggestions.

We currently have players in:

Treadmarks, Battlezone, Battlezone 2, Quake 3 Arena, Quake Team Arena, Castle Wolfenstein, Mech Warrior 3/4, Rogue Spear and Operation Flashpoint.

All are struggling a bit but i have no doubt that with effort all of them with some good recruits will take off properly; the aim is to get a squad of 10 ppl per VP - not always possible but with time who knows, at the peak of DNX Clans membership 3 years or so ago we has upwards of 200 members.

Things are quieter nowadays....

IP:

Paranor
posted February 28, 2002 01:11 PM            
Hmmm - I bought Medal of Honor, going to buy RTCW and Mech Warrior today or tomorrow. Does this mean I should be partial DNX?

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 28, 2002 01:18 PM            
Hey! I have Wolfenstein and Operation Flashpoint, don't ever play them online, though.

I get bored with the whole thing where you're on a set path.

You know? You walk down a hallway, for example, bad guy jumps out of a side door you get killed...

Start over at the beginning of hallway, walk down. Kill bad guy cause you know he's gonna be there this time. Go down further nother bad guy kills you. Start over a beginning of hallway. I am sure online play would be more exciting.

Don't get me wrong I am not downing any of these games. The graphics and detail in Castle Wolfenstein is awesome. But I like TM because there is no set path, so the playablity is greater, I think.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 28, 2002 01:44 PM            
Ummmmmm...i've have thought about this a couple of days when I was looking at another game and said to myself "I should tell the guys about this on the TM BB". Then a few moments later I thought to myself "Ya know, it would be really tasteless of me to bring up a game that LDA has nothing to do with and using their BB to talk about it". Out of respect for LDA and their BB maybe discussing other games that LDA has not developed should be done on the DMF BB. For those of you that have not been there yet, there is a area for discussing other games for this comunnity to get involved in. This is where I made my post about the game I was interested in playing.

These are my thoughts.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 28, 2002 03:28 PM            
It's only tasteless if we go off and leave TM. But I like TM for reasons other than the game alone... it's the fact that I'm "playing TM" you know, with the community, and the MRL you get all into it and then supe or coax etc. come on and you're all oh sh... You know what I mean.

But there's nothing wrong with .....
hmm...

crap, I think you might be right!

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 28, 2002 04:13 PM            
I agree Tiggs.I'm sure some of us play other games on the side but I don't think we need to make it offical and start playing other games formely together since we already have a small amount of players and if we did do something like that you'd prob be playing TM 50% less because you are playing the other games the other 50%,which in the long run hurts TM.Man!now that is the runon sentence that my English teachers warned me about

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 28, 2002 05:24 PM            
Since Tread Marks is the best game in the world, why worry about discussing inferior products?

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

guido 1
posted February 28, 2002 06:09 PM         
you guy's are so Deep , and here i was just playin TM cause I enjoy it . this is so humbling ..... hehehehhehehee .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 28, 2002 06:33 PM            
could u mail me info on the operatipon flash point side matrix? i love that game alot

i hope its not just the pre set multyplayer ctf and dm deals , i hope u can make entire operations and batttles with other peeople , that was made on mission editor =)

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted February 28, 2002 08:20 PM            
i know mike i go to school with him i might talk to him about that

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 28, 2002 10:36 PM            
I heard OFP multiplayer sucks.The game is really cool and it had petential.I think once you die you have to wait the entire game before you can rejoin like Counter Strike.Then I heard it is really hard to find a server with a empty spot.Two negatives that really hurst OFP multiplayer and reasons why I haven't played the game other than a demo.I can't be sure about these things since I never went online with it...just stuff I heard.
Anything that takes more players away from this game gets a no vote from me.I play other games too but I also play TM just as much as I was when I was just playing TM and nothing else.If you are going to expand a clan into another game you are going to have to practice a lot to keep up with the 13 year olds that have nothing else better to do

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 28, 2002 10:44 PM            
ill still play TM just as much i just will play op flash insted of eating + sleeping lol , i have alot of spare time

[edit] and only if its like how i sed ^^^^
------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited February 28, 2002).]

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 01, 2002 09:19 AM            
I have no idea who goku is. o.o

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2002 10:44 AM            
=DNX=Commando-VP formally runs OFP, he posts regularly on our members forum. Radigator is running Mechwarrior 3/4 he also posts our forum yet not as often as most, he runs a game dev company (link on www.dnxworld.com bottom right) or you can just contect him at www.cilithocal.com

We as yet have no actual VP (person to run) the RTCW format - just a collection of folks who play it at the moment. Dnx-Ravager is running ½life DOD. More info will be on our clansite (also linked from dnxworld) soon in the march update.

btw - the guys are right... DMF is the place to chat about other games - but on a moot point, Were a community and I think playing other games together will only strenthen that position. As for Paranor in dnx - well - im not one to poach membership from other clans, it would be your own decision, i dont want to step on toes. Ive asked Sailor, but thats cos hes lonewolf at the moment.

btw i our forums are here : http://pub73.ezboard.com/bdeathmatchfederation13634

You will most likly need a popup window killer as it is a free service and there are adds. Tempissed proposes a good one (in the treadmarks forum under the topic "quality"

If anyone wants or needs a forum its easily done.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I Want to frag "THE WORLD!"

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2002 11:05 AM            
Hehehe for the record, i just d/l'd the suggested popup killer damn it's good - forums acting like a paid service again plus you can alter the sensitivity metre and disable/enable when you want to - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. - Thanks TemPi$$ed

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited March 01, 2002).]

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 04, 2002 09:15 AM            
Red Faction has about seventeen to thirty servers for it's multiplayer game. They have death matches and CTF events as well. Those are alot of people. Way more then what you'll see on Tread Marks. It would take quite some effort to get those people onto the =DNX= train.

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 04, 2002 09:20 AM            
Oh and I almost forgot Aliens vs Predator2. It has a multiplayer mode and it's fun too! =P I am a fan of all the movies that this game was inspired by. (No {D.O.G.} is as good as this spotted dog. >=P)

-=Deleted Duplicate=- coax

[This message has been edited by coax (edited March 04, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted March 04, 2002 07:30 PM         
look mike's repeating himself , are you an old dog ????? hehe .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 06, 2002 12:35 PM            
Old? Why? I repeated something? What? o.o

IP:

MikeDalmatian
posted March 06, 2002 01:14 PM            
I must've double posted. =P I was using an Apple laptop and it's slow as can be on the internet and I must've clicked on Submit Reply multiple times because my patience was growing thin. Slow internet speed does that to a person. -.- Ask Goku, he's the slowest here. >=P

IP: