This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Confession
-DNX-Ni
posted February 27, 2002 07:11 PM            
quote:
Bad news is, I don't have much time to play games anymore, and I got pretty thoroughly burned out on Treadmarks. Fantastic game... but never went anywhere. Tragic, but true. Not from lack of trying on my part or anyone's, it just didn't.

These words are summing up how I'm starting to feel about this game and I'm sorry if I'm sounding like the bad guy but I think, and a pal from here does also, that I should get this out.

I am frankly becoming bored of loggin in and playing the same old maps with the same old weapons and the same old match-types.

I know there have been a few new ones that's been tried and tested but I play and am bored within the first 10 mins of a DDM hence, between that and increasingly more uni work, I haven't played. I'm not leaving TM but am just letting people know why I'm not on as often and if nothing drastically changes for the better, I'm afraid I won't even be encouraged to hit the TM shortcut much more.

As a consequence of this and I may have to speak to a couple of people, I might not even play often enough to qualify as a regular player therefore will be axed form my clan anyway so I may just leave for the time eing til I feel I need to and if DNX will be willing to take me back. I don't play any other game online either as I get crappy pings cos of my area, server and modem.

I'm aware of BT dropping it's broadband to 14.75 a month but I'm not even oging to b in my residence for much longer after April when it's implemented so there might not be much point in pulling up this house for using it for a month.

And on this note it would be nice to hear anything about progress of new LDA patches, news and updates. Especially for TM 2 if it ever happens and I hope to god it will.

We all know Matrix has something up his sleeve also and I will give TM a shot for that and waiting for Paranors availability results for better tournament and match times.

This is my first and hopefully last sob-story about this and I won't say much more than what's been said.

Hope you all respect this.

=DNX=Ni

PS for those who don't know, the quote was made by Skandranon on "LOL server" thread
------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited February 27, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited February 27, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted February 27, 2002 07:25 PM         
too bad , i wish i could have seen you on line more .... before you got burned out . remember " don't take life too seriously , we won't get out alive anyway . " hehe .... good luck to ya .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 27, 2002 07:33 PM            
I dont think that anyone could be upset for what you said. It can happen to anyone. But you what will happen dont you? As soon as you turn away for one minute you are going to miss something big. Then you will be sitting there banging your head against the wall for missing it. hehe. It could happen.

Any who, good luck and I think everyone will understand your feelings that sometimes you just need a break.

Good Luck Ni and keep in touch.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 27, 2002 09:12 PM            
"I will do strongly before the sun and the moon what inly rejoices me and the heart appoints." R.W. Emerson said that, and I try to do the same. If it doesn't inly rejoice you anymore then I'll frag you when it does again.

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Irascible
posted February 27, 2002 09:48 PM            
Happy sailing Ni. Didn't trade frags with you too much. But figured I should say something along those lines so that the following wouldn't be too spamish. Not that there's anything wrong with speaking spamish - those people do a great job on my lawn... (it's a joke!!!).

In the vein of keeping Ni informed, could someone inform me of what will be so great about TM2? The little I know about it from the trailer tells me:

1 - The physics will change so that I can't flip tanks with my dirt balls... and I love doing that.
2 - Lots more punks via the PS2... woohoo... 100 more Supes to dominate the game... (hmmm, realizing that new players are suppose to be a good thing I do an attitude check... hmmm... ... hmm ... ... screw it, I'll keep my bad attitude)
3 - The graphics appear to be no better. Why the heck did I bother buying this GeForce3?
4 - You can shoot the pea shooter and special weapon together. So that could be good.

Granted, I've made no effort to inform myself about TM2. So maybe there's a ton of great things I just don't know about. It's easier to complain.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited February 27, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 27, 2002 11:14 PM            
We dont axe ppl from the clan for takin a break - we axe them for not playing and not telling anyone whats happening.

U always welcome in DNX bro and in your absence i wouldnt change a thing.

IP:

Paranor
posted February 28, 2002 02:04 AM            
The graphics on the PS2 are not going to be as good as the PC version. So you will be just fine with your GEFORCE3.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 28, 2002 02:29 AM            
Exactly the problem!!! TM2 should have awesome graphics. You know the usual pattern. Game develepor has hit that may not have good graphics but great game play. Then as the sequels roll out, game play goes to hell but graphics get real purty. Wait... I said "hit"... nevermind... the usual pattern doesn't apply here...

IP:

Irascible
posted February 28, 2002 04:06 AM            
"We all know Matrix has something up his sleeve"

I wasn't... so what's up your sleeve Matrix?
(please no anatomy jokes...)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 28, 2002 04:13 AM            
It wasn't a finished product you guys were looking at.Even big games that are released in the beta stages have low-end graphics and the movie that was released wasn't even beta.LDA said this movie was a demonstration of work in progress.I would imigine LDA would take advantage of the increased amount of polygons that GPU's can push these days.

You can add 3d tress and moving treads to the list.And what is this Supe comparison you are making.I'm not your typical gamer.I'm too old,I don't live with my parents and use Clearasil,I don't play FPS like Quake unless its a really really good game .Even then I seldom go online with them.I'll tell you what...I'll let Ira roll over me from now on if it makes him feel better And I always figured that if me and Ira ever went head to head there would be about a 40% chance that I would get the frag and a 60% I would be fragged Sorry if you don't like getting killed 40% of the time we go at it

LDA,can you give us a in depth post of what TM2 will have compared to TM1?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 28, 2002 04:18 AM            
And I get that 40% because you are too agressive when you play mad.I know which red dot is Ira by looking at the radar.Its the one coming right at me at full speed,ignoring all other red dots that are in the way All I have to do is sit and wait for you to get into range Superevenge is the reason you get fragged by me most of the time
I'm kinda the same way too though.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 28, 2002 07:10 AM            
Good points - the GeForce cards are capable of throwing far more stuff around than the current tm engine dishes out. for example who'd like to see Hardware light effect like tank headlamps on dark maps... or the plasma cannon actually glow on the floor as it travels - this would make light streaks and realtime blur effects very easy to do as well as better particle based smoke.

In addition and especially with GeForce 3 cards, they can throw around some absolutely mental polygon numbers so the tm engine itself seems to be limiting its use... complex design maps with high walls should not *buckle fold or flatten* at 1000m - perhaps the new voxel engine fixes that; and takes the capability of the new generation cards into consideration - the new way of aliasing pixels for example to give higher fps. Theres also better ways to handle packet management these days, and i see no reason why something as small as a flag couldnt be downloaded with the game doing away with the idea of map packs.

Im all for supers idea. A complete weapons replacement set. In addition - Id like to see a liquid tank with metal texturing and a transparent window left to allow you to see inside; perhaps even create our own tank driver avatars.

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 28, 2002 08:49 AM            
Hey Ras, you want to do MY lawn?

------------------
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Paranor
posted February 28, 2002 12:18 PM            
Oooooh - I like that headlights idea matrix. Add the ability to turn them off and on at will on a dark map and hide out somewhere. And skip the radar map. Talk about challenging match.

IP:

Paranor
posted February 28, 2002 12:19 PM            
I'm confused on TM2.

The video we saw was for the PS2. Right? If so, wouldn't TM2 for the PC be using a whole different programming engine? To take better advantage of the PC platform?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 28, 2002 01:04 PM            
Yes on all counts - theres little known about tm2 on the pc as yet, theres still lots happening over at LDA, but if I hear anything jim says is ok to mention i will; same goesw for the ps2 version.. its all closed doors at the moment.

However, most of the maps I designed for the bz mod are quite demanding for the current graphics engine to cope with at 1000m - this is why i plan to release the mod to coincide with TM2/pc hitting the shelves.

Till then load up that video again and feel smug in the fact that no other game whups butt like Treadmarks

IP:

Irascible
posted February 28, 2002 02:19 PM            
Supe,
In retrospect it would appear I was grouping you with the punks. It was not my intention. They were actually two distinct whines: dislike for the punks and severe hatred for losing to ANYONE - you're simply the gold standard by which I lose to... you son of a @#$%#@#!@!@!@#$!!!@!@#!@#$!... ... ... hence the comparison to all the new excellent players that will come. As far as playing mad, what can I say? I do enjoy the game immensely at least 70% of the time, which is a much higher percentage than a lot of things - like say work. And the rest - well, I didn't pick the screen name "Irascible" (means easily angered) because I'm laid back. BTW, "40%" my arse . And don't you dare "roll over" (there was no chance anyway). I am very analytical and each time it happens I ask myself what happened. Your analysis is accurate if not complete. I will eventually make the corrections. And sooner or later your arse is mine..... muwahahahahaaaaa.

Mex,
From Emerson to trading racial jibes... how could you lower yourself like that?

Matrix,
Thanks for the good knowledge. But I still don't know what's up your sleeve.

Par,
You ever see the lighting effects on Battlezone II with all the settings turned up on a dark map? Way cool and not even GeForce3/4 technology. Of course, I've played so few games that you've probably seen way better stuff than that.

Ni,
My apologies for hijacking the thread. I know when my "Welcome to LWA" thread got turned into something completely different, my irascibility was heightened. Hopefully it's not the same for you.

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 28, 2002 03:55 PM            
huh-huh.
huh.
uuuuhhhhh..... you said arse.
uuuuhhhhhhhhhhu----huhuh.

and

"The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long" - remember that the next time you get all irascible.

Such is the duality of the MexIndian, even in his name.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 28, 2002 04:21 PM            
I'm sure the video we saw was jus them addind some of their new stuff to the TM for PC game...just to show us what is to come.

I could break down my analysis to compensate for each game we play Ira Look at if from this viewpoint and you might feel better.I have been playing for more than 2 years which is ages in game years and you have been playing what?6 months?Just imagine where you will be in 2 years since you can already kick my butt now

IP:

Irascible
posted February 28, 2002 05:00 PM            
Homer and I are too often kindred spirits (paraphrased):

Moe the bartender: "Heh, I just got this deep fryer from Navy surplus (a big flat bed semi pulls up). It can flash fry a buffalo in 17 seconds."

Homer: (in a disappointed tone) "17 seconds... but I want it now."

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited February 28, 2002).]

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 28, 2002 06:23 PM            
youl be missed NI, chris

but my motto in TM from now on will always be

feck it..light speed!

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted March 01, 2002 02:50 PM            
Any player leaving TM is a bit tragic as we have not that many player,s to lose (Ni,ll be back) once a treadhead alway,s, but i,m not sure what is meant by going nowhere?. Does any game go anywhere?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2002 08:51 PM            
and wheres turdhead gone - has anyone heard from him since his return ? i know i havent.

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 01, 2002 09:31 PM            
You sure would'nt have seen him in a game. LOL!

IP:

TurdHeart
posted March 01, 2002 09:46 PM            
I'm here - been playin' when I have a chance in the evenings. Basically I've spent most of my time "reporting back" to people since I returned (they all wanna hear about death and destruction, but it was mostly sand and horrible food).

I TOTALLY respect Ni's sentiments. I was the same way with Unreal Tournament - unfortunately with TM we have a very cool group of folk here, and it's a little more difficult to sever yourself from the "best game nobody knows about".

:

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2