|
Author Topic:   Recommend Gamepad?
wolfman
posted February 27, 2002 05:04 PM            
I am looking for any suggestions on game pad(s) to use in Tread Marks. Can't use the key board - I have used Sidewinder - I wear it out too quick playing lol ;Gravis Gamepad Pro - same issue wears out too easily; Wingman Rumble Pad - TM does not really like this game pad lol - currently using this one till I can get a replacement. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 27, 2002 05:52 PM            
I use MickeySoft's Sidwinder Pro gamepad and have had no issues with it now for well over a year and a half. My .02 cents worth. Hope that helps the search.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

guido 1
posted February 27, 2002 07:20 PM         
i use a racing wheel , specifically a saitek r 100 . they are inexpensive . about 30 dollars at best buy . i have a usb version ordered and should be here soon . i also have a thrustmaster nascar pro digital wheel that i got recently , works great for nascar 2 but wont work for TM ( sigh ) too bad as it's an excellent wheel .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 28, 2002 01:40 AM            
I use my Playstation gamepad via an adapter. Works out pretty good. Will make more sense when TM2 comes out...

IP:

TurdHeart
posted March 01, 2002 10:22 PM            
I use a Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad. It has buttons for your index fingers than you can use for your turret (which is actually more than my caffiene-addled brain can handle). Works for me.

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 03, 2002 01:25 PM         
Gravis Gamepad Pro wearing out too quickly? What on earth are you doing to that pad? Mine's over five years old now (and I use it quite a lot) and you wouldn't be able to tell it's been used at all - never owned any equipent as durable and wear-resistant as the Gravis Analog Pro joystick and the Gravis gamepads. Speaking of joysticks - you might want to try The Saitek Cyborg series - extremely durable and flexible, looking pretty cool and I know a person who regularly plays UT and Q3 using one.

IP: