|
Author Topic:   Wed night DCTF
MexIndian
posted February 25, 2002 12:11 PM            
COME PLAY NOW! ALL OF YOU! YOU'RE TIRED OF THAT NONSENSE DDM ON SUNDAYS.... WHAT YOU NEED IS THE TEAM-SPIRITED DCTF!!

So Hammer or Killer this time around?
I'd rather Hammer cause he hasn't hosted in a while and we haven't been able to schedule a successful DCTF in a while, but the choice is up to you guys. As long as I can steal the flag from someone and "frag hella people", I'll be happy.

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Sage
posted February 25, 2002 04:39 PM            
If you guys don't mind, I'd like it if Killer did it(no-offence Hammer). And this time he'll be ready Last time he didn't have that much time to prepare.

IP:

guido 1
posted February 25, 2002 06:35 PM         
KISS ( keep it simple stupid ) that is the key to a successful event in my opinion . get who is going to host decided 1st then promote the heck outta it . you can't wait till the day before a DCTF and expect people to download a bunch of maps , flags etc for an event that takes about 1 1/2 hours to play . keep an event like that in mind for say a holiday and put up the files to download a couple weeks in advance . to me a weekly event should be all stock maps , tanks , weapons , etc. so as not to exclude someone for lack of time to download zip files .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 25, 2002 07:48 PM            
Point well taken Guido. I feel akin to you in that it is difficult for people do download maps last minute. However if we create a zip with all the maps, then everyone will always have all of them. Anyone willing/able?

And we still don't know who's hosting. Come forth, my server-setters!

------------------
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 25, 2002 08:44 PM            
I can set it up tonight before I turn in, then reset the log file before the turney.

All stock maps, weapons, and tanks.

Afterwards we can decide if we want to add some mods. THat way I can put together a server pak and have it availible off my website for next week.

Its easy for me

the web server is 2 feet from the TM sever.

I can even give FTP/telnet access if need be.

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 26, 2002 08:59 AM            
Awesome. It's set then. Thanks Killer

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

guido 1
posted February 26, 2002 07:36 PM         
was that easy or what ????

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 27, 2002 10:33 AM            
Borag Thung !

IP:

Neo
posted February 27, 2002 10:36 AM            
What time?

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 27, 2002 12:14 PM            
8 PM.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 27, 2002 12:40 PM            
Hammer was kind enough to send me his config. I put the machine up last night with it. I'll restart it just before 8pm to clear out the log.

The machine is named MexMayhem.

Happy hunting!

IP:

Hammer
posted February 27, 2002 01:52 PM            
Hey
I keep trying the server but with no AI's on it I can't tell if it is set up correctly. I can't pick up the enemy flag, which I think I should be able to. I don't know if it would work if there were other humans on it or not.
My setting have 6 AI's as fill ins.

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 27, 2002 01:56 PM            
I am logged on there now if you want to check.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 27, 2002 02:06 PM            
With no players on a team, you can't pick up that team's flag. Since there isn't anyone to defend it, that would make CTF too easy.

I changed the AI count to zero, figuring that it would be a humans-only game. I can put it back to 6 AIs.

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 27, 2002 02:12 PM            
Me and Hammer just tried it and for some reason we still can't pick up the flags.

IP:

Hammer
posted February 27, 2002 02:29 PM            
These are the setting which it should be set at from the log on down:

#Number of AI bot tanks.
NumTanks = 6

#When enabled, the game will add/remove AIs when players join and leave to keep the tank count equal to NumTanks
AIAutoFill = 1

#The skill level of the bots, between 0.0 and 1.0.
AISkill = 0.6

#The types of tanks allowed for bots, 0 is all, 1 is Steel, 2 is Liquid.
LimitTankTypes = 0

#Set this to 1 to enable people to join teams. If 0, no teams are allowed.
TeamPlay = 1

#Set this to 1 to use Team Scoring instead of individual scoring, if team play is on.
TeamScores = 1

#Set this to 1 to allow team members to kill each other (but it won't give frags).
TeamDamage = 1

#The number of teams allowed on this server. Individual maps can be set to less than this value, and will override this value if lower
MaxAllowedTeams = 2

#Set this parameter (uncomment) if you want the AI tanks to be on a specific team only.
#Otherwise they will spread out evenly among all player teams.
#AITankTeam = Red

Also change your Frag limit to 70 or 80.
Hope this helps. I have to leave shortly so I will leave HammerTime CTF up as a back up.

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited February 27, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 27, 2002 02:49 PM            
I would strongly suggest if you set max teams to 2 that you ensure that you only have maps that allow for two teams. Some maps can have more. If you are not using any user made maps the value of 2 is probably okay, but many of the user made CTF maps are for up to 4 teams. Just a thought for general consumption.
"Wonders off to check where he needs to be tonight..."

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Hammer
posted February 27, 2002 03:05 PM            
These are settings I use for my Stock CTF's of course if other maps are used you would make the proper adjustments.
I really like the four team CTF's get's crazy!

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 27, 2002 04:10 PM            
Thanks for all the help guys! I'm sure we won't have a problem with all this help.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 27, 2002 05:37 PM            
Problem. One of the systems I'm in charge off at worked failed. I wont be able to make it home in time to reboot the machine.

:/

Good thing Hammer is the backup, cuz it looks like he's running the game. I just need someone to kill my machine so people wont get confused.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 27, 2002 11:04 PM            
Okay, I reinstalled the game and it works fine now. Apparently something went wacky.

IP: