|
Author Topic:   Low turnout Sunday's
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 24, 2002 10:10 PM            
Is it just me or have the last two Sunday's been dead?I can count at least 8-10 regulars that weren't there so I guess we can't blame it on the Euro DDM.Do we need variety again?

IP:

Hammer
posted February 24, 2002 10:32 PM            
Turnout was down but we can't expect everyone to be there every week. Hopefully next week it will pick up.
As I had been told by Par and WM my connection would not handle a crowd and they were right. After 10 players it got choppy and laggy. Maybe we should use the LDA server to host all Stock DDM's and let players with access to T1's host any Modded DDM's.
As far as getting people to show up I think they will when it is convenient and they are in the mood.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 24, 2002 11:11 PM            
We have been having about 20+ people on the server at once for as long as I can remember.Now we are lucky to get 10

LDA still needs to change it from team scoring to individual scoring with 30 mins/frags the limit.It looks like it handles good with lots of people

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 24, 2002 11:36 PM            
I had a lot to catch up on because of playing in the tourney, that and watching the Nascar race instead of getting my work done.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 24, 2002 11:41 PM            
Tourney had a very poor turnout - i had high hopes they were dashed to the 4 winds.

Makes me woder why i bother arranging this stuff sometimes. Its all talk and no participation with things - hardly any feedback on the bz stuff - kongs feedback was minimal as was dreamers on the tmapper till he made a forum for it.

What this community needs is some get up n go, cos from where im sitting its already got up n left; and its a recurring pattern.... everyone is so busy supporting the game that no bugger plays it !

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 25, 2002 12:18 AM            
I know exactly what you mean Matrix.I know how hard it is to even get a 2v2 game going.Of course we have always had a real small playing community so I guess we can't get formal things going until it grows,hopefully with TM2.
Your ideas are good Matrix(even though the tourny usually takes place while I'm at work).I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything until we get a lot more players.I wouldn't be discouraged though,just have to keep it simple for now.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 25, 2002 12:34 AM            
gotta remember there are other tings in peoples' lives apart from games and online stuff!! sure the tourney was 24hr and there's one major event per week, but it is the same thing with much the same results!

It's the clash especially in my case but I still consider myself a regular although I haven't been on as much!

And as for any tourney's, might they not b better around a holiday odf sorts where people do less work and more play?? say Easter being the next major one then summer for the younger people!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 25, 2002 12:59 AM            
I haven't been to many DDMs because I'm pretty tired of them personally and could use perhaps a month of ctf/modded/or even dare i say race.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Rex R
posted February 25, 2002 02:03 AM            
I was there. left when my pings started to hit 800+(may have been my connection)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 25, 2002 04:30 AM            
It gets old but I keep on trucking.The people are what make it interesting

It would be nice to see a new patch from LDA too.Maybe a few new stock weapons...something simple but able to liven up the game a bit more for us old people Cash prizes would get people on the servers I bet

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 25, 2002 04:37 AM            
Maybe if somebody has some nice ideas for new stock weapons they can email it to LDA.And no way too powerfull mods Sage You know...something that is similar to the weapons we have now...keep the game balanced...add a new offensive or defensive tactic.I'm trying to think of a good mod that could carry over to stock but its late and my brain is asleep

Please don't get carried away with this thread with mod advertisments or spam and stay on topic please.Maybe LDA will notice and act on it

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 25, 2002 01:01 PM            
Can someone fill me in with the american holidays dates so i casn better plan tourney 2 (which will be a 2 day event btw to get more games played).

IP:

Paranor
posted February 25, 2002 01:34 PM            
I was busy saturday so couldn't make the tourney.

I was busy sunday night so couldn't make the DDM.

Super, how many people showed up for the Euro DDM versus regular DDM?

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 25, 2002 02:19 PM            
Well if you want my advice. The tourney needs to be organized more like a DDM and less like an grand scale tournament.

Because IMHO this community is not really big enough for that. It's tough enough to get ppl to show up for a clan war.

I suggest, making the rules extremely simple. Like a DDM.

1) Specify a server. Or even a couple of them. With ''Tourney 3pmEST to 11pmEST'' or whatever in the description.

2) Anybody (registered or not) that shows up on that server during that time and wins a game, is the winner of that game. Like a DDM. Player with the most wins is the tourney winner.

3) Since its a tournament, I would turn on web logs, so that screen captures are not necessary to figure out who won. Post the logs on Dreamers Stats page. Captures could be posted on a tourney screen capture page if captures are taken, though, just like DDM's capture's are.

I would even call it a DDM Tournament so that it feels more ''community'ish'' and less ''tourny'ish.

This is just my humble opinion.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 25, 2002 03:35 PM            
Both events had about 10 players.A few Euro players made it to the UD DDM too.

Here are our federal holidays Matrix and days most are off from work/school:
http://www.opm.gov/fedhol/2002.htm

Anybody got weapon ideas?I think we should push this.I have no idea what it would take for LDA to make them offical weapons but I'm assuming its not hard.

IP:

guido 1
posted February 25, 2002 06:25 PM         
please remember that getting a second DDM going while i found it easy to get started it is still new , and the players for the 3 pm match looked to be having a great time to me . this will take a while as the time is new to the community as a whole . this was after all only the second week for the earlier DDM . the 3 pm EST seems to work well and lets see what happens in the next few weeks . also at the last minute Paranor's server went down , and all things considered Hammer came through for us and the event took place as planned , that in itself is a good accomplishment in my opinion . go ahead and have someting different at 8 pm if you guy's want , just leave the 3 pm DDM alone . how about a ladder and log the matches for the 3 pm , some maybe bored with DDM's , but myself and most of the euro players like them . maybe it's just the so called old timers of the TM community that are bored .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 25, 2002 11:40 PM            
just to anounce my return ater my (as im sure you have all had enough heering about)
freezing problem , so im sorry i missed it
im bak and kikin to frag

see u on the feild

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

Rex R
posted February 26, 2002 01:50 AM            
rather like the trick ramdrill meself. asdds a bit of spice to the game, does he or doesn't he...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 26, 2002 07:24 AM            
If you dress like a sheep, sound like a sheep, eat like a sheep, sleep like a sheep and play like a sheep - are you not in essence... A SHEEP ?

lol

theres enough DDM's going on The intention here is to provide "something different". I agree about the community size but lets not loose sight of whats happening here - When i joined TM in Nov 2000 there were TC and BWL - That was it..... Now look.

The community is growing and had more peeps turned out for the games the "grand scale" idea would have worked fine - The problem was general misorganisation on my part, even tho i did post here requesting suitable dates. As stated before the next one will be 2 days in length to allow peeps from all clans, all availability, all timezones etc to at least play one game - participation thats the key.

And lets not forget the DMF Tournies introduce a new strategy - its not mindless get in there and get blasted, its a case of watch ur hind and watch your team mates hind, he will be watching yours. You will be surprised what a difference that small detail makes to a game lol.... and its score.

IP: