|
Author Topic:   Genesis Tourney Scores.
=DNX= Matrix
posted February 24, 2002 10:37 AM            
So far i have had 9 score screenshots from tiggs.

All participants have 48 hours from the end of the tourney to get their game screens in for scorring. - so thats 1am EST Tuesday 26th.

I have just been asked how Tournaments score so heres a breif example.

Game 1 - Player 1 Kills = 25
Game 1 - Player 1 Deaths = 10

Game 2 - Player 1 Kills = 23
Game 2 - Player 1 Deaths = 3

---------------------
Player 1 :
Total Kills = 48
Total Deaths = 13
Pure Score = +35
Games Played = 2
---------------------

Pure Score = (kills minus deaths listed as plus or minus side of the ZERO 0 score (no kills no deaths))

Keeping the kills ahead of the deaths adds a nice strategy element to the game - the more games you play the more chances you have of adding to or loosing your score depending how good you are at the game.

Each participant has the ir own plus/minus score. Each clan has all its members scores added up and computed in the same manner to give an overall clan score. If youre in a good clan you will blow the competition away - if youre in a crap clan you may play loads of games but amass a massive minus score for being killed so many times.

If you shake the barrell the cream rises to the top.

Besides since everyone played FFA games as opposed to clan vs clan it was the only way to score it.

-------------------------------------------
FFA Game Format:
GOLD TEAM
Player 1
Him
Someone Else

RED TEAM
Player 6
A Clanner
Another player

Clan Vs Clan Format:

GOLD TEAM
[CLAN1] Player1
[CLAN1] Player2
[CLAN1] Player3

BLUE TEAM
[CLAN2] Player1
[CLAN2] Player2
[CLAN2] Player3

Clan vs clan = total kills of each team minus their deaths to give the teams "pure score" - The one with the highest "pure score" is the winner.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited February 24, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted February 24, 2002 11:33 AM         
I'm so confused .... hehehe .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 24, 2002 11:39 AM            
What are you confused about gud-bud ill try n clear it up for ya......

IP:

guido 1
posted February 24, 2002 12:59 PM         
was the tourney on any specific server ???? i registered long ago , under a different name , but registered none the less . i didn't see a specific server though ... thats why i'm confused .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 24, 2002 01:48 PM            
If you re-read the post it says "any server" in otherwords you organise the matches and choose where you wanna play it with whatever mods you all agree to.

If you register under one name then play as another what can i do - im not psychic LOL - what name did you use.

When i checked the chatroom was empty and there were 8 ppl on a server called LDA im assuming that was the server in use.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 24, 2002 04:42 PM            
I sent 10 game pics. Was there a game that didnt count? Maybe the one that lasted after the cut-off time?

That would be fine with me.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 24, 2002 09:01 PM            
9 game score screens and one nice pic of a nuke with no scores on it

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 01, 2002 04:38 PM            
****Bump****

Are the results in yet?

Thanks.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 01, 2002 04:43 PM            
Never Mind. Found it.

http://www.dnxworld.homestead.com/tournaments.html

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 01, 2002 04:57 PM            
Wow I got rank in a tournament that I never entered. lol.

But thanks for ranking my 2 minute entry, LMAO.

I am sure I was the only one who jumped in and out of the servers in an 8 hours. Probably not but the only one rank for it? What a joke. Thats hillarious! lol.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 01, 2002 08:39 PM            
LOL - maybe more of you can turn up next time lol - that would be even funnier - gettin ur asses kicked by the DOG !

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 01, 2002 09:29 PM            
When's the last time you played? LMAO

Host tourneys and never show up to organize them, lol. Then wonder why the turn-outs low. LOL

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted March 02, 2002 02:02 AM            
ummmmm...what did I start.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2002 02:44 AM            
ok check this out kev old son :

Via chipset on motherboard
Bios wont flash (BIOS-Lock string not compatible with system)
GeForce AGP Nvidia 2 Ti500
Windows XP.

Bios flash fixes nvidia bug on agp to stop freezing in games. I dont play cos i freeze in games, i cant flash the bios cos its corrupt - so as and when i can afford a new mobo ill start playing again

fair !

ps: im waiting for the pc133/ddr dual bios gigabyte boards or a decent asus board... ill ket you know when im all kitted out again shouldnt be too much longer; and then ill challenge u to bring it

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 02, 2002 03:09 AM            
I got a motherboard you can have but it would prob cost more to ship it to Europe than its worth Worth checking on?It will run what you got right now...but as far as future upgrades.............

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 02, 2002 03:35 AM            
Uh huh....

And here I thought you were Mr Computer's R Us. I did'nt know all you had was a wagon wheel. Must be tough to do graphics on at all. Does it freeze when you have several graphics programs going at once? Must be very aggravating. I am sorry I didn't know. What do you use at work by the way?

Yep, that's got to be double tough, I only seen one computer with a corrupted bios it and it would not run at all.

Oba Kaybee!

IP:

guido 1
posted March 02, 2002 09:19 AM         
just my 2 cents , i think i'd make sure the chipset was intel , not via . if your using an intel cpu . if your using amd thats a different story i suppose . doesn't your old mobo have a jumper to clear the bios , or won't it clear if you disconnect the power to the board , pull the battery etc . ???

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2002 10:08 AM            
Waggon Wheel - computers R Us - LMAO - I stopped building comps about 6 months back seriously, because i was forever gettin called out to tend so some dumbass who forgot to plug the mouse in or didnt realise that the CD Try wasn't a coffee mug holder.

As far as the CPU is concerned it's an AMD Athlon 1gig Guido - although im throwing the idea around of ditching and buying a plain p4 rawbase (essential bits only) and thowing all the best stuff in my exising case into it; or simply buy a new mobo - ive written to bona-uk re the bios situation and am awaiting reply.

Guido Theres 2 ways to reset a bios - 1)via the crossout jumper on the mobo (which didnt work and told the system it was the year 2027 forcing all my apps to expire) and removing the battery - which had the same effect - im suspecting a new bios chip could be the answer but time will tell - either way when im all fixed im gonna be scratchin' ur ass with my diamond tip ramdrill so watch out - muhahahaha !

Well Kev, yes it can get stressed and it can freeze at anytime, even during ...say ..... a virus scan of the HD, during winamp plugins, watching DVD and having photoshop and corel and acdsee open all at once - so ya its tough, which just makes me even more proud of having a site like DMF actually up and running... Patience ? you dont know the of it LOL.

I work from home btw - self employed.

But i will tell ya this in the spirit of good gaming and sportsmanship.. when i get back in the game..... HOPE YA GOTTA AIRBAG !

I Want to frag "THE WORLD!"

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 02, 2002 12:44 PM            
Work from home... your not a spammer are you???

You know "... make money working at home in your spare time!!!"

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted March 02, 2002 01:48 PM            
I do whatever brings in the cash old boy
www.dnxdesigns.homestead.com

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 02, 2002 03:13 PM            
Wow nice!
You look different in that picture.

IP: