|
Author Topic:   problems with boomstickville?
KiLlEr
posted February 22, 2002 09:06 PM            
Red Dog reported that his machine locks up while playing TM with Boomstickville installed under XP. Any one having similar problems with the map?

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 22, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 22, 2002 11:59 PM            
im willing to bet he has a VIA chipset on a jetway/lexx board with an AGP Nvidia vid card - theres an XP Bios fix out for it - i had same problem. My bios is screwed btw which seems to be why im freezing all the time - theres a prob with nvidia/via/xp - which is being adressed (im gettin close fellas) lol

IP:

reddog
posted February 23, 2002 08:47 AM         
Hi All, Yes I do have VIA chipset and ATI 8500 card, This problem goes away when I take out Boomstickville, and comes back when I install it again, If anyone can find the fix I would like it as we like to play Boomstickville.
Bang your dead:

IP:

Irascible
posted February 23, 2002 10:01 PM            
Matrix,

If you can, let me know more about the XP/Via/Nvidia issues. I've got that combo and have had recent problems that XP thinks is related to the video card that I can't figure out. Thanks.

IP:

Rex R
posted February 24, 2002 01:40 AM            
bout the only thing I can suggest (this will take some time) is to install each mod seperatly(Entegrty helps a lot) and try each mod by its self till the problem occurs. this will not fix the prob(its a work-around) having identified the problem the mod could be temporalily removed.

IP: