|
Author Topic:   various TM sites, redundancy, and efficiency, MexIndian-style
TM BIO Guest 1
posted February 22, 2002 06:32 PM            
I just realized how many webpages there are. Rather than list the same information in 10 different places, why don't we better pool everyone's resources and create ONE TM webpage. Then people can select an area to update and stay on top of that. There is alot of information to cover and keep updated, and I predict that people are spending lots of time updating webpages to post redundant data. A centralized page means it's that easy for newbies (and the not-so-newbies also) to find resources/maps/packs/etc, less time invested by all of our web-intensive peers, and in general a more streamlined idea. I mean, it makes sense to have several webpages, but people should be specialized, no? Then one guy could simply have one MAIN webpage that linked all the others.... this system kindof exists, but I think it best to conciously try to achieve this goal.

No?

------------------

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 22, 2002 06:35 PM            
huh. Interesting idea Coax.
lol. Guys, don't beat up Coax, it was me that posted the last message.

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 22, 2002 07:49 PM            
We could combine them all and call it...

BlandyBabylonCoaxsVRMLPressFireBZRPGBoomstickKongsBig@$$DeathmatchSage'sParanor'sNeoMysterialZyonDeformationTreadMarkModsSocietySwisherTreadMapsWeathermanTurdHeartCentral Site.

Did I leave anybody out?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 22, 2002 09:03 PM            
Why do I feel like we are playing Shmush?

IP:

Paranor
posted February 22, 2002 11:00 PM            
OOH OOH I KNOW I KNOW!
www.tm-central.com!

IP:

KONG
posted February 22, 2002 11:10 PM            
sooo, mexindian. are you gonna make the super dooper TM links page? so we dont have to keep updating and backing up our bookmarks?

------------------
"What we have here, is a failure to communicate!" KongsBigA$$-Site

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 22, 2002 11:54 PM            
loo niuce - but that was the idea behind DMF.. but instead of the community growing it, they went off and made their own sites which is why its all fragmented. This isnt necessarily a bad thing, but its hard even for me to get good news and post it - i just dont have time to scour so many web pages.

IP:

KONG
posted February 23, 2002 12:23 AM            
matrix is right , he pretty much has all that covered. dmf has all the tm sites linked. hee hee, check out the top links...

And add your site...

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited February 23, 2002).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 23, 2002 03:02 AM            
I think 99% of the links to active Tread Marks sites can be found here www.coaxs.net

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 23, 2002 09:50 AM            
What about creating a TM Ring?

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 23, 2002 12:25 PM            
I believe ''many sites'' is a sign of a growing gaming community. I think it's a good thing. I think everyone should keep on with there own site. What kind of a gaming community would this be if we only had 1, count em', one site... booooriiiing. I hit just about all the sites frequently but thru my links page.

Example... New person does a search to find out more about this TM thing:
Results:
1 page click here... big yawn.

The TM-Ring sounds interesting.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP: