|
Author Topic:   Question about this Bulletin Board
MexIndian
posted February 22, 2002 12:09 PM            
Hey LDA (or anyone that knows):

Is it possile to create an entry whereby one can see the last person to make an entry to any particular thread before entering that thread? (I think that might be better information to have on the fly than who created the thread, no?)

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 22, 2002 02:08 PM            
If it can be done, it can't be done on my end.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Rex R
posted February 23, 2002 02:01 AM            
the short answer is it depends. LDA has a new enough version of the 'UBB' that it could display last person/posted by. don't know if that is an option or if that would be a plug-in. in either case I believe that they would have to enable/whatever. I agree that it is handy at times to see who posted last

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 23, 2002 06:01 AM            
I have that enabled on the DMF forums

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 24, 2002 05:07 PM            
Matrix, perhaps you can share with LDA how to do this?

------------------
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 24, 2002 09:00 PM            
Its just an on off feature - but the board provider is different so it wouldnt work anyway.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 25, 2002 01:08 AM            
Maybe we should gather a collection and buy a new bboard for LDA

Since its used by us mostly, its an investment in ourselves.

good/bad idea?

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 25, 2002 01:27 AM            
I haven't paid any attention to the mechanics of how to run the UBB, given that Seumas set things up. It has carried on as is.

Upgrading is something to consider (no donations please....except maybe for admin and other time aspects)

Jim

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 25, 2002 12:01 PM            
Hey Jim... if it's available to you and easy to do, then good, do it! If it's complex or you need a new board, then I guess it's up to the populus.

Coax, it's not a bad idea... I like this just fine, just minor details slightly bother me sometimes.... I would be willing to cough up some dough, though.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Paranor
posted February 25, 2002 01:30 PM            
If you want to donate, then go buy copies of TM from LDA and pass them out for presents.

IP: