|
Author Topic:   Me and you against the world server..
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 21, 2002 04:00 PM            
Who ran that server?I have to say thats the most fun I've had in a long time with TM.Something I've never done before and very addicting.For those of you that didn't play on it,its you against 16 bots(all on the same team) and I guess they are at 100%.Just can help laughing when my radar shows 16 bots coming at me It's weird because most of the weapons that you would think would tear them up do diddly squat.The most powerfull weapon is the ramdrill or rgrenades

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 21, 2002 04:08 PM            
When I first started in TM, Thorckmorton's server used to be like that. Except all the bots had names like gingavitis and other dental names. I used to have a little fun with ppl and change to the same team as the bots.

IP:

guido 1
posted February 21, 2002 06:48 PM         
it is a blast , id like to try a few people on the same team against the bots . hehe .

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

synack
posted February 21, 2002 06:51 PM         
That server is a blast for a change of pace from "normal" DM gameplay. The only problem is that once a 3rd or 4th player join the game (especially the 4th), the server gets (very understandably) jittery and laggy.

But for 1 or 2 players, it's a lot of fun. Just don't expect to survive too long at one time. Sometimes I enjoy trying to run the gauntlet, and dive and dodge my way through the oncoming assault. It's fun seeing how many you can get with a nuke. My best is 5 (plus myself :-) and I know others have beat that.

I've been holding back comment in order to keep this little "secret" to myself, but now it's out in the open, so I'll just say it's a rip! Ya gotta try it, at least once.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 21, 2002 10:20 PM            
Then you've never played Nem's server before evidently, Super...it's the same kind of thing!!!! Good practise!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Kaeto
posted February 21, 2002 11:10 PM            
Ever since I got TM one of my favorite things to do has been to start a server for myself that's just me vs 50 100% bots.

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted February 22, 2002 01:26 PM            
yes that server is fun unless you are by yourself and than the Ai's will be laughing at you unless you jion there team and you kill them anyway and you cant run away which sucks adn at least one of them always has a shadow what is up with that ?

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 22, 2002 02:06 PM            
Only one? I usually see at least 2 maybe 3

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Vlad
posted February 22, 2002 02:16 PM            
Well, the problem with the Shadow Keeper on that server is once an AI in "the pack" snags one, it's pretty hard to get it from them. The AI's don't use the Shadow like human players do, once they're in range, they'll just fire every so often, not lay down a constant stream of shots like human players do. Not only that, but since they tend to be surrounded by at least 10 of their teammates, by the time you're in Shadow range, you've got a ton of pain flying your way, not to mention whatever the other AIs hit you with when the pack was approaching, so unless you catch the shadow-carrying AI away from its friends, it's probably not going to fire that many shots at you, so they will probably be carrying that shadow for a very long time. Not to mention that even if you DO manage to take out the AI, more often than not another one of the AIs will just snag the Shadow before you can wade through the hail of gunfire to get it.

On another note, I personally think that this server should be modded for "classic" mode. When you're trying to fire a 120 into a crowd at a severly wounded AI, it's hard enough to find the right moment and angle to shoot at, but then you've gotta compensate for the fact that the projectile will guide to the nearest tank instead, probably screwing up your shot anyway.

BTW, another weapon that really becomes useful on that server is the Plasma Mines. Since you usually end up with a huge swarm of AIs chasing you, laying a bunch of plasma mines in an area allows you to sit on the other side and watch the crowd drive right through them.

IP:

guido 1
posted February 22, 2002 07:56 PM         
yea i can dig the plasma mines , especially if you can get a supeammo box or two hehe . would the server be more stable for 4 or 5 joins , if the number of bots were reduced to say 12 or 16 ???? 3 or 4 to 1 would still be quite a challenge . anyone notice all the unused ramdrills layin around ??? i try to keep a lot of them in reach ( stretches to reach for another ram drill , and gets fragged by a stray machine gun burst hehe , while synac plows gleefully into the fray with a maniacal laugh and drops of foamy spittle drooling from his turret hehehehehhe .) LMAO .

------------------

IP:

synack
posted February 23, 2002 07:30 AM         
I got lucky and grabbed a Shadow last night at a good time. Many in the pack were already hurting badly. I ran across the top of a mountain ridge, in the opposite direction of the enemy's present course, as they were just beginning to slow and turn in my direction, and sparingly used the Shadow to frag a good 7 to 10 bots in a row before the inevitable hail of enemy fire took me out once again.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 23, 2002 02:34 PM            
Did anyone else see peeeto's server last night. That was fun. All stock, but nuclear weapons. It was a mess but a fun change of pace. Nuclear Machine gun, Nuclear Concussions, Nuclear MRL, etc. I purposely passed up the regular nuke when it showed up.

IP:

guido 1
posted February 23, 2002 02:48 PM         
yea i could see why you'd pass it up , with all those fun weapons at hand . hehehehe . FRAG ON ........

------------------

IP:

wolfman
posted February 23, 2002 05:05 PM            
I have my pc back up and I will try to host the Nuke Server as much as possible.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 23, 2002 05:10 PM            
there needs to be more mrls and mass divers spawn

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP: