|
Author Topic:   TM-Central
Kevlar
posted February 21, 2002 03:36 PM            
Well, TM-Central is back up. And with some updated content. Including an area for newbies. And some new TM-Central banners for linking to the site. And there is a cursor clock, the kind that chase your mouse and annoy you and I actually hate, but it is only temporary, The clock looked so cool, I just wanted to see how it looked.

Almost all of the large master packs have been moved to a very faster server, so download should be relatively painless now. And even if other problems should arise the packs will always be accessible.

My domain host, after going thru a painful upgrade, restricted the file size download bandwith without bothering to inform me. That's why downloads were painfully slow.

Also on a side note:
Does anyone agree that we should have a brief description web page for the DDM banner that Kong made. He may already have something in the works. But just something for new ppl to advertise the day and time. Especially now that there are going to be 2 DDM's.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 21, 2002 03:53 PM            
No offense to other people who have TM websites but I think your's is the best .Very usefull,good looking,easy to navigate.....

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 21, 2002 05:37 PM            
Super, you kiss a**.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 21, 2002 06:17 PM            
No, I like it best too.... best one stop shopping. But I don't like the text of the main gif there... the thunders are cool, but you should do a 3d solid fo the text... if you don't feel like it, I can do some models for you in Blender and email them in.

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 21, 2002 07:38 PM            
I agree too, by far the best looking website in its class. Makes mine look like a piece of $hit, but I won't compliment it anymore, because Kevlar's head is going to get to big.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 21, 2002 08:34 PM            
Kevlar wrote:
Does anyone agree that we should have a brief description web page for the DDM banner that Kong made. He may already have something in the works. But just something for new ppl to advertise the day and time. Especially now that there are going to be 2 DDM's."

ok fellas check out : http://www.dnxworld.homestead.com/ddmexplain.html

This page btw has been up over a month at DMF. Its near the top in the section advertising DDM's match times - just right of the world timezone map.

FYI :

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 21, 2002 10:47 PM            
Thanks peep's

Mex, I am in the process of making a new banner at the top. And I do a lot of them in 3d. If you look at the bottom of every page there is a different 3d Tm-Central logo at the bottom of each page that points back to the home page.

The original logo was Flash with lightning and sound(below). I later removed the sound from the flash to make the file size smaller. Then I eventually turned it into an animated gif to make it even smaller. And yesterday I removed the animated gif to just a still image until I get the new on finished, thanks though.

The reason I went with that text was because I really only wanted the text to show up when the lightining struck, like below.
http://www.tm-central.com/logos/lightning.html

[Edit]
The flag master page even has psychedelic 3d text. And the weapons page has wooden 3d text.

------------------
TM-Central.com

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited February 21, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted February 22, 2002 10:28 AM            
Oh sure..........I go to all the trouble and make a movie and I don't get front page news?

Oh sure.......

IP:

Karldar
posted February 22, 2002 11:43 AM            
Damn Hollywood types....

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 22, 2002 12:06 PM            
Yah! I like it! Screw these low-bandwidth sukas, put that one on.... (A FRIGHTENING LOOK INTO THE MEXINDIAN'S BRAIN -> oh wait..... my home computer is modem also...) Animated gif sounds fine man!

Yeah, I noticed those 3d ones that you have... but I'm talking about making your main gif be a 3d solid viewed from the front (no 3d effects will be observed), but if you round the sides, it really looks fantastic. I'll like to see your new one that you're working on tho. What program do you use to do your 3d solids?

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 22, 2002 03:50 PM            
Sorry Par, I was having all that trouble during that time. I fixed that part though.

Mex, for the 3d text I used PhotoDraw.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 23, 2002 12:01 AM            
para m8 mail me a direct link to the file - ill post it up 4 ya - i missed it.

IP: