|
Author Topic:   product suggestion
Zulu One
posted February 20, 2002 03:07 PM         
I'm new to the list, so I don't know if any LDA coder types hang about here, but I've been itching to make this suggestion since I got the game, so here goes.
I think it'd be nice (looking and more playable) if nukes, cruises and matter bombs showed on the radar (as small flashing lights a la mode d'X Pilot). This could be implemented as a parameter in the weapon entity file like
showonmap = true
Also, I think it would be twice as nice if the explosions from these weapons showed up as well, as expanding concentric circles.
This would really put the icing on the cake for me. Nice game LDA people, well done.

------------------
--
The best is the enemy of the good.

IP:

Irascible
posted February 20, 2002 03:48 PM            
Hi Zulu,

There are LOTS of "coder types" around here. I'm not one of them - but your suggestion would be awesome if it was doable. They mostly talk in the mod forum - though I'm sure you'll get answers here shortly.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 20, 2002 03:50 PM            
Welcome Zulu

IP:

Sage
posted February 20, 2002 03:58 PM            
I'll Respond to your second thought. All though it would be neat if explosions would show up on radar, it would cause unnecessary
lag.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

Paranor
posted February 20, 2002 04:12 PM            
welcome zulu

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 20, 2002 04:35 PM            
yeah welcome.

Sage-I don't think it would cause lots of lag, because you're not creating a huge texture nor nuffin. I have no idea how to do it tho, if possible.

*deploys his mod geniuses to jump right on it.*

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Vlad
posted February 20, 2002 04:52 PM            
Well, this falls once again under the realm of "things that can't be done by end-users."

If the parameter existed, then it'd be easy to just plop it in a weapon ent, but unfortunately, the LDA people are the only ones who have access to that level of code.

Same for having explosions show up on the radar.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 20, 2002 04:53 PM            
Welcome to the forums, Zulu One. Hope to see ya on the servers sometime...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 20, 2002 07:13 PM            
Then we are once again asking LDA to release the code.Release the code.Release the code If you guys at IDSoftware can release the Quake code......

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 20, 2002 10:24 PM            
welocome Zulu.

I for one dont like the idea of seeing a nuke or missle on the radar. Thats the fun of it. To frag someone when they are not expecting it. The other thing is the nuke and the missle have a sound that you learn to know and start running when you hear it.

My 2 cents worth.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 21, 2002 12:02 AM            
I agree they shouldn't show where the nuke or missle spawns. But if its in the air then I certainly would be tickeled if I could see it on the radar.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 21, 2002 01:12 AM            
are we all forgetting one important thing guys ---- that radar will get pretty messy with the intense action that tm chucks out - it wont be readable at a glance unless it was a true 3d top-down miniview of the battle. all dots n lines i think would get very confusing although the thought does deserve merit for inginuity.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 22, 2002 11:13 PM            
3D MAP! oh babey that would be awesome

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 23, 2002 02:07 PM            
it wouldn't be that confusing if cruise issles and nuke tracks were the only thing you saw on the radar.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

guido 1
posted February 23, 2002 02:52 PM         
what i'd really like to see is a first person view , you know like inside my tank lookin out with a crosshair sight with nightvision etc. hehehehhe . FRAG ON .......

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP: