This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Wed night DCTF
MexIndian
posted February 19, 2002 12:29 PM            
Who all is hosting? I assume that Hammer is doing it, unless he wants to concede his job to Sage once more. Whoever does it, make sure that the maps & anything else we need are available AND ENTegrified.

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Sage
posted February 19, 2002 07:51 PM            
Killer said he'd do it you need maps boomstick, sega core, Ninja starain, Mudd Vain Vally and camp Ginga.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

Sage
posted February 20, 2002 02:04 AM            
as well as the map DM Jelly Beans Coffee, you can download the maps at: http://tmmaps.tripod.com/tmmaps/

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2002 08:45 AM            
Make sure you get the latest Boomstickville off my website. BTW, what this is this suppose to take place? I still have to set the maps up, and I get home round 8pm EST.

BTW, whats the "standard" for round time and max frags for DDMs? (or better yet, point me to da rules page mon)

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited February 20, 2002).]

IP:

Hammer
posted February 20, 2002 11:02 AM            
I glad someone else can do this. I am having trouble with my computer seems the fan for the power supply crapped out and I have to get it replaced. Only prob is it is still under warranty so I will have them fix it which might take longer then it really should.
So I'll be out of commision for a little while.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 20, 2002 01:14 PM            
Team count to 80 or individual? cut & paste of current DDM configuration that we use is:
#Max bytes per second sent to each client.
ServerRate = 3000

#Time Limit in Minutes.
TimeLimit = 30

#Frag Limit.
FragLimit = 30

#Set this to 1 to use Team Scoring instead of individual scoring, if team play is on.
TeamScores = 0

#Set this to 1 to allow team members to kill each other (but it won't give frags).
TeamDamage = 1

#The number of teams allowed on this server. Individual maps can be set to less than this value, and will override this value if lower
MaxAllowedTeams = 4

Teams should be at 2 not 4 for a DCTF though. DCTF still sounds weird to me though, oh-well.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2002 01:31 PM            
Thank You Coax!!!!

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 20, 2002 04:25 PM            
Sage/Killer:

Are you SURE that the maps are ENTegrified and otherwise glitch free?

Yes, try to set it up as soon as you get in today, we generally start playing at 8 EST.

Thanks for hosting Killer

------------------
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2002 04:49 PM            
That would be a problem Mex. I don't get home until 8pm.

Sage: do me a fav, check the maps via entegrity and send them to me in one zip file? Then all I would need to do is throw them on the server when I get home. Oh, and next time, can you give me a little more notice *with all* details? Thanks

IP:

Sage
posted February 20, 2002 06:08 PM            
Sorry Killer, but I was just thinking that we'd use my server since it wasn't up in time for last weeks battle, but WM took it down. Also you can't ENTegrifie the maps because there not ENT's. Anyway yes, there all glitch free.

------------------

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 20, 2002 06:29 PM            
Kevlar, I herby summon your mighty debugging powers in order to ensure a smooth night of deadly fragging!

*A dark swelling mass of purple smoke slowly develops into the shape of ..... hmmmm... I don't know what a kevlar looks like. Bullet proof vest? (Apparently it was invented by Stephanie Louise Kwolek, and was marketed by D*Pont in 1971).

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 20, 2002 06:34 PM            
.....I just noticed....

SAGE, TONIGHT IS A DCTF, not DDM, and therefore need CTF maps, not DM maps!

Let's just play with stock maps, ok? Please set up a server with stock CTF maps. MAKE SURE THEY'RE CTF.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 20, 2002 07:11 PM            
Stock maps

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 20, 2002 07:15 PM            
I would love to help but tonight I can't, sorry. You know I would if I could. I won't be back till around 11pm est.

IP:

Sage
posted February 20, 2002 07:26 PM            
Now wait a sec, first you wanted a server up for today and now you wan't KiLlEr to changed the server to a CTF or Stock Map server in such a short period of time?

Also as I stated befor, my neon server wasn't up in time for last wendsday's battle and it's kind of unfare to sunddly change your minds.

------------------

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 20, 2002 07:55 PM            
Wed. nights are always DCTF bro... I thought you knew that. Dare I ask if you're running the log or not?

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Sage
posted February 20, 2002 07:59 PM            
No there not, there have been times when it's a DDM. Besides, If you want a CTF server so bad why don't you always have one set up?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2002 08:05 PM            
Okay, just let me know what you want set up. I have the server up and runnig (yes mex, I have enough brains to turn on the log file). Its up now with teh map list that was stated before. Let me know if you want it different.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2002 08:34 PM            
OKay, all stock CTF maps. Server is up and running

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 20, 2002 08:52 PM            
I couldn't find your server bro.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 20, 2002 08:52 PM            
I couldn't find your server bro.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2002 09:16 PM            
!!!Boomstick Joe's!!!

IP 24.191.17.179

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 20, 2002 09:25 PM            
noone was there when I logged in!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 20, 2002 09:29 PM            
Probably because not everyone knows what server it is being held on, or that my server is called Boomstick Joe's.

Is there a specific name I should call my server when this game is being run?

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge. I've never even played on a DCTF/DDM let alone run one.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 20, 2002 10:19 PM            
There is a spot in the cfg file to state what kind of server and any other stuff you feel like saying.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2