|
Author Topic:   Are we agreed on the new DDM time?
coax
Administrator
posted February 14, 2002 05:23 PM            
This sunday 6est? We'll give it a try for our fellow TMers. agree?

If theres not even one European player on that day....

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 14, 2002 07:12 PM            
I'll b there..I'll be there!!!!!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 15, 2002 04:39 AM            
Ehhhhhhh...Did the majority want 6?If so I guess its at 6.Didn't most people vote to have 2 DDM's on Sunday?Just so many different people making polls and vating threads I don't know what happened.We can make it 6 this Sunday but I suggest we make a new thread ,leave it up for a week,and keeped it bumped so the majority can have their say.I dare not start another voting thread so someone else be my guest.I look at the thread coax made to change the DDM time and it looks like only 11 people said something.That thread was only made 3 days ago and its already buried under 15 new threads.Not trying to keep it at 8est but I just think people didn't participate in voting and we need to have the consensus of the majority before we knock back the DDM by two hours.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited February 15, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 15, 2002 06:32 AM            
ok...you know..between 2 polls and 2 clear suggestions to new times...let's do it now!!!

is it definitely 6 EST????

or 2 DDMS?!?!?!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Paranor
posted February 15, 2002 11:50 AM            
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we again!

If it's 6:PM EST that makes it 5:00 EST which leaves me out.

And since I run the server most of the time, sniff, I'll be sad, sniff. Maybe I won't run it? MUAHAHAH THE POWER! JUST KIDDING - it will be up even if I can't play! Of course, you can always go to the LDA server and play Armageddon or that )*$)@*$) Rack map.

I thought we voted on two DDM's to offer more choice for those overseas and for those who can't even make the current 8:00 PM EST.

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 15, 2002 01:10 PM            
I don't remember what we decided on anymore

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

King John 1st
posted February 15, 2002 01:47 PM            
I thought we decided on two DDM's also and then little change if any to the normal one.
Hey, Para, Hammer? can anyone put a Euro DDM up on sunday at 5pm GMT just to see if it takes off? that'll be about Noon EST I think, maybe we could move it about once one was established, be good to try it

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 15, 2002 02:03 PM            
I can make it 6EST earliest! C u lot there! I'll look for the most populated server!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 15, 2002 02:55 PM            
Well...theres the perfect solution(or I think so).Have one at 6est for the UK players and have one at 8est for everybody else.That dosen't mean that one DDM is for US or UK players only.I'm sure plenty of US players,including myself,will show up during the 6est DDM.And I'm sure some UK players will want to play stay on and play a game or two during the 8est DDM.So problem solved?Let's try it this way for this Sunday and see how it goes.Sond good?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 15, 2002 03:03 PM            
sounds good with me EuroDDM at 6, and regular DDMat 8. If the euro DDM catches on then a seperate ladder will be made at some point.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted February 15, 2002 04:06 PM            
Yes, I'll have server up all day - at least try to.

IP:

Hammer
posted February 15, 2002 04:39 PM            
I'll be there any time or both times if there are two. I will host anytime if it is needed but I have been told that a cable connection is not adaquate for large groups. My experience is it seems to run ok with 10 or so players beyond that I do not know if there would be too much lag or what.

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 15, 2002 05:54 PM            
Well, the good thing is that with 2 DDM's most ppl should be able to make one or the other. No excuses now!

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

guido 1
posted February 15, 2002 07:11 PM         
as stone cold says at the wwf " WHAT " ??? sounds ok , but i would have thought that the euro players would have wanted it earlier , for them 6 est is about 11 pm gmt . and they may be too close together time wise . only 2 hours seperates them . with 4 hours difference the turnout might be better . i can make any time , but 2 within about 1/2 hour of each other might be tiring . worth trying though .

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 15, 2002 11:13 PM            
4 hours of nonstop TM action They'll have 3 games wrapped up in a hour and a half even if they run the clock out.So thats 30 mins between the two DDM's(enough time for the 8'o clock players to get on an get warmed up and skirmish with the UK players.And close enough that the two DDM's would blend in together.I may try going the whole 4 hours this Sunday

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted February 16, 2002 04:14 AM            
Obviously super we will not play all the way through, think you still trying to put up obstacle,s, who know,s why!!. If you read what GUIDO says he has it on the nail. I know five player,s who agree with him

IP:

Marmalizer
posted February 16, 2002 06:22 AM            
Well whadaya know, His Holiness has granted us a DDM but only at a time suited to him or was it his 'cousin'
With someone good enough to put a server up all day with all the hours available in that flammin' day, we get 6EST! 6 flippin' EST! How come we always have to play in our pyjamas!
In a few weeks time in the UK we enter British Summertime and the time goes foward an hour makin' it a midnight start!
If there is a server up, I think we should be at least be makin' it a Euro friendly time.

But they won't change it for one person Marm!

Oh, and there was me thinkin' it was one person who didn't want it to change, it's so confusin'.

How about if we change the normal DDM time to 1am EST for a few months just to see if you actually like to miss out on your beauty sleep, but then, that would keep most people out of this game and isn't that your aim?

Hey! Euro players! Lets just get on a server at a decent time tomorrow and make it regular, make an effort,
make it fun! C'mon make it grow, if Coax is going to start another ladder, wouldn't you just love to see your name risin' thru the ranks? surely you're the best out of all us Euro players aren't you? Prove it!

IP:

guido 1
posted February 16, 2002 10:29 AM         
well marm it seems the one it's up to really is when the euro community wants the start time , and when the server host can have the server up . for the sake of harmony i suggest we go with 6 and the usual 8 pm est start this week , and maybe next week , try 3 or 4 pm est which would make it 8 or 9 pm gmt . the main thing is coming up with a first tournament time that will allow the most players to participate . lets try this sunday at 6 pm est to avoid confusion , and look at a much earlier time for next week . i'm flexible on sunday's . i personally think we should have at least 4 hours between DDM tourney's . just my 16 - 8 farthings = 2 cents . hehe ....

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

Paranor
posted February 17, 2002 05:55 PM            
It's apprant that most of the US folks like the 8:00 time slot while most of the Euro folks understandibly do not.

I thought 6:00 PM EST for the Euro players was awfully early but there were so many threads going on I lost track. So I guess I'm with Guido.

Why not just gather a time that the Euro players would like. I'm sure that there are a lot of US players who can and more imporantly want to make both - like maybe super. Guido seems to be on top of that with another thread so hopefully he can run that to the finish.

I have the server up on friday's or saturday's so that's not the issue and I'm glad I can contriubute to a better time to play.

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited February 17, 2002).]

IP: