|
Author Topic:   TM Central Site
wolfman
posted February 13, 2002 12:30 PM            
Have not been able to get into the site for the past 2 days - is it on my end or is it down? Thanks

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 13, 2002 12:41 PM            
Um I can get in and it has not been down that I know of. What browser are you using. Someone mentioned trouble with Aol.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

wolfman
posted February 13, 2002 01:00 PM            
IE - takes a while to load and then site not found - is there a part of ie that limits amount of time to wait for a connection - only thing I can think of ? thanks JT

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 13, 2002 02:05 PM            
just checked, and it seems to be fine with ie here.

IP:

wolfman
posted February 13, 2002 02:21 PM            
Tried IE again, even Netscape and in case it was the firewall tried without that - no luck at all. Double checked the address and even clicked on the TM Central embedded link in some of the posts. No luck. Have gone to this site in the past with no problems. Ahhhhhhhhhhh Driving me nuts JT

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 13, 2002 02:23 PM            
I have been checking and everything seems to be ok with the site. Might try right clicking and look at the properties of IE and look at the connection tab. There used to be a time out setting but I dont see one in IE 6. What version of IE do you have?

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 13, 2002 02:28 PM            
This may not do anything since you already tried in Netscape also, but try dumping your cache. Right click and get the properties of IE and delete the contents of your temporary internet folders. I can't think of anything else to try.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

wolfman
posted February 13, 2002 03:22 PM            
Have tried it all and no luck. Even update IE to 5.5 whatever lol for Win ME. Won't work in IE, NS, or AOL. Giving up for now-going to a dinner tonight. Thanks - appreciated the help. JT

IP:

Rex R
posted February 14, 2002 02:13 AM            
just tried, worked fine. prolly something to do with time of day and net traffic.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 14, 2002 10:03 AM            
Works fine for me m8

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 14, 2002 10:16 AM            
Hey Wolfman, do you use Aol as your connection to the internet. I have had ppl with aol say they have had trouble connecting. For the life of me I cannot figure out what could be causing it.

------------------
TM-Central.com

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited February 14, 2002).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 14, 2002 04:20 PM            
hmmmmmmm, download mozilla! www.mozilla.com
just make sure to get a stable version, the unstable ones are deadly fast, but usually, well, unstable!

IP:

wolfman
posted February 14, 2002 10:06 PM            
Use Road Runner - figure parts of my operating system might be corrupted. Having major probs now with media players on my computer. PC Guru at work also had no idea what else might be causing this - had already all that he suggested - same things you have suggested as well Thanks for everyones' help JT

IP:

Hammer
posted February 14, 2002 11:02 PM            
Remove your browser from add/remove Programs in your control panel and install a fresh version of the browser from Microsoft.
Sometimes just an upgrade won't do it you must get rid of what doesn't work and start from scratch.

IP:

wolfman
posted February 15, 2002 05:23 PM            
IE not even listed in the add/remove programs. Acccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk Seriously considering rewrite of harddrive - but really don't want to. JT

IP:

KiLlEr
posted February 15, 2002 06:55 PM            
Thats because you're looking in the wrong place. It's listed in the Add/Remove windows components panel.

IP:

wolfman
posted February 15, 2002 07:09 PM            
Can't find any Add/Remove windows components - have searcehd all over the system folders, did search for files named such, etc etc waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh going crazy agan lol JT

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 15, 2002 07:42 PM            
do you know where your control panel is?

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

guido 1
posted February 15, 2002 07:42 PM         
windows i believe has many hidden files , in xp i just click on " show hidden files " . i use ie 6 which i think is called msn explorer , about 13 meg file . have you checked for a virus or trojan horse ??? a good online scan is www.housecall.antivirus.com/ . as mentioned earlier in the thread , might be network congestion , it's happened to me before , but when i go to other sites it's fine , leads me to think the site is timing out sometimes . maybe just update to ie 6 ????

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

guido 1
posted February 15, 2002 07:50 PM         
BTW might check internet options settings in the browser , i can't load some pages if i have security set too high , cookies or java script or some such crap hehe . just for giggles , try the virus scan , doesn't take long .

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 15, 2002 09:35 PM            
The Windows Components is not a file its in the Control Panel, Under Add/Remove Programs. You'll see either a tab at the top for components or a button on the left side depending what Windows Version you have.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 15, 2002 09:40 PM            
Just so u know, even if its unrelated - there IS a serious freezing error with IE 5.5 and 6

sumthin to do with sponsor advertising and distribution settings - i dont have all the details

IP:

wolfman
posted February 18, 2002 08:13 AM            
Have tried all suggestions and no luck. Will be doing a uninstall and reinstall of Windows. Appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. Thanks again everyone. JT

IP: