|
Author Topic:   Flag makers...
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 13, 2002 03:40 AM            
I was wondering if one of you guys would make a flag out of my surename family crest or coat of arms.I was bored and started searching for the history of my last name,Armstrong.Seems my forefathers are from Scottland.Ni and Grind are my brothers! Hehe...anyway...I thought it would be neat if somebody could make a TM flag out of my crest or coat of arms and I could bear it at DDM's or something.I'm trying to find a good picture of my crest that dosen't cost any money to see
Very interesting stuff.Seems the name was given to a knight who hoisted the king onto his horse with one arm,after the king's horse was killed and the enemy was ready to strike him dead.Then was was a whole Braveheart type thing when the Armstrong's controlled Southern Scottland and fought the King of England for control.The knight was captured under a flase banner of truce and before he was hung he said to the king,"I am but a fool to seek grace at a graceless face, but had I
known you would have taken me this day, I would have lived in the Borders despite King Harry and you both" then he said "freeeedddommmm!" or "I only regret I have one life to give...." hehe jk.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited February 13, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 13, 2002 03:57 AM            
My favorite
If the image dosen't show here.... http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/1155/armstrong

There it is

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 13, 2002 07:21 AM            
"Sto Pro Veritate"... "I Stand for Truth" is the Guthrie moto. Not too much of a history...just owned a few castles here and there...prolly saw your ancestors march on by sometimes!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 13, 2002 04:22 PM            
Ok..seems Geocites dosen't like poeple to ling images from their servers.

[IMG]http://www.fleurdelis.com/graphics/clanarmstrong.gif[IMG]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 13, 2002 04:23 PM            
I like the one at the bottom the best.Actually I like the one at the top(way top in another post,not the top one in this post) that is on Geocities but sometimes its not availible to view.And takers?I'll pay $10 through Paypal

IP:

Sage
posted February 13, 2002 05:10 PM            
I'll do it for free Actually, there is something I would like in return.

Join my clan for five days
Oh and Kevlar that ZE banner is ready, http://sagetm.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/ze_banner.gif
if the link doesn't work just copy and paste into the address bar.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 13, 2002 05:14 PM            
Well I don't know if you got my email Supe but I have them finished already and no charge. But you can still join Sage's clan.

[Edit]Got the banner Sage, looks great.

------------------
TM-Central.com

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited February 13, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 13, 2002 05:26 PM            
And what is the purpose for me being a honorary member for 5 days?I don't mind doing it..just curious
Got it Kevlar.Thanks

Maybe some other people want to search and find out what their coat of arms looks like?I just went to some search engines and searched for"armstrong family crest" and got tons of returns.Maybe you'll also find out what you forefathers have done.My cousin Neil walked on the moon

IP:

Paranor
posted February 13, 2002 05:51 PM            
I always thought you were a little spacey.

NYUK NYUK NYUK

IP:

Rex R
posted February 14, 2002 02:07 AM            
heh, I already have my coat of arms in the game(well mostly, didn't feel like adding 3 scallops shells) by in large CoA are naturals for battle flags and are fairly easy to make(once you figure out the lingo, lion rampant(gold) on field (green)with 3 esscallops(gold)) since they use a rather limited color set

IP: