|
Author Topic:   BDAY BASH DDM MOVIE
Paranor
posted February 11, 2002 06:35 PM            
If you are like me you sometimes skip reading the 4 page topics so I'll start a new one. Plus I'm giddy that it worked.

My notebook has a 1024x768 video out on it so I dumped the bday bash DDM last nite to tape.

I created a short video. It doesn't contain all of the battles.

And yes, that's me with a SSG flag. My kid changed it and I never noticed it. NUTS!

There are 2 formats - real audio and Windows media.

Real Player is 20MB and the Windows media is 80MB. I prefer the windows media since it's a better quality. You can barely see the tank names if at all in the real player

There is also a bug in my software where I can't delay a "picture" so some of the text wizzes by - like who played. So you might need to press pause.

RIGHT CLICK ON LINK AND DO A "SAVE FILE AS".

Real Media
http://www.karllois.com/files/bdaybash.rm

Windows Media Player (80 MB ZIP)
http://www.karllois.com/files/bdaybash.zip

Overseas Windows Media Player (80 MB ZIP)
http://www.treadmarks.de/upload/Bdaybash.zip

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited February 11, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 11, 2002 06:55 PM            
Have to admit Par, you did an excellent job with the intro, music and transitions.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 11, 2002 08:46 PM            
Yah...way cool. Thanks for putting my name in there, too!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 11, 2002 11:23 PM            
Very nice.Glad you were able to put in a segment of you fragging me but not me fragging you Make sure you pay Saliva a royalty for using their music I'd also be happy to see it in high res if you got a copy and its not in the gigbyte size...

IP:

Irascible
posted February 12, 2002 12:15 AM            
BOOOOOOOOYA!!!

VERY NICE INDEED!!! Let me mirror Supe's comment about segement selection... except in reverse .

So that was my three seconds of fame... hmmm... and it was a cheap frag... I feel flush.

Bouyei

n : a branch of the Tai languages [syn: Bouyei, Buyi]

Bouyei was the closest thing I could find to BOOOOOOOOYA.

So bringing together recent info I have about you Par, including your recent converstation with Goku and others:
You must be a lonely middle-aged white guy of Tai decent with flamboyant tendencies, directorial aspirations and an intermittent case of Turret's syndrome that only seems to come out when relatives play concurrently on certain electronic media.

:

THANKS

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 12, 2002 05:40 AM            
Looks good Par. Turned out very cool. I suggest that people download from the treadmarks.de site vs the karllois.com site. Much faster download. 200 kbs vs 40 kbs.

Nice work bro.

------------------
LOOK MA.....NO FRAGS
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Vlad
posted February 12, 2002 07:16 AM            
Wow, VERY nice. Now I'm even MORE ticked that I couldn't make it.. argh.

Hey Paranor, you should put together a TM Trailer of sorts. A bunch of clips of stuff like a good nuke kill, really sweet Mass Driver kill, or just other random stuff would make a really good thing to send to people who I'm trying to get to try the game

IP:

Paranor
posted February 12, 2002 08:13 AM            
Yes, I do have some plays on making a few more - not too many as you can only watch so much fragging.

The one I made for the BDAY video was only 1 of the 3 games that we played - the other 2 games I haven't even converted or looked at yet.

So it wasn't purposely done showing me doing most of the fragging. Even though I did do most of it with 4 health. hehe.

I was thinking making one showing all of the active players - kinda like a bio movie. So if you aren't on the DMF site get on it.

And maybe the 3rd and last (unless anyone else has some ideas!) would be a video clip of each weapon to go along with Kevlar's master site. ???? Like that one mutha SSO weapon you made Vlad - can't think of the name!

I also need better equipment. The video editing software is free and works great. Just need better equipment!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 12, 2002 10:58 AM            
those bio movies sound killer , any more detail on what your gona do exactly?

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 12, 2002 11:12 AM            
Hey par, what is that capture device called? Just curious. Or what should I so a search for. I know they can't be cheap.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 12, 2002 01:26 PM            
Ya man, you did a good job for sure.

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Hammer
posted February 12, 2002 01:54 PM            
Paranor,
That is excellent! I love it. The music goes perfect with the gameplay.
Saliva! I'll have to check them out. Great job on the intro and editing.

IP:

synack
posted February 12, 2002 03:49 PM         
Great job, Par! Enjoyed the movie and appreciate your work on our behalf.

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 12, 2002 04:14 PM            
VERY fun! I give it three cookie dough spoons up!

IP:

Paranor
posted February 12, 2002 08:09 PM            
3 cookie dough spoons. *jumps up & down*. wohoo!

kevlar, the video was made using a output jack on my laptop which by itself doesn't have that great of a 3D chip.

I eventually want to try a TVIEW gold product - they go up to 1600x??? resolution. However, I don't think that's the problem. I've created alternative formats: AVI, REAL, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2PAL and WMV3MB.

REAL just stinks

AVI & MPEG-1, MPEG2 are OK.

WMV-3MB is the next best.

And I belive MPEG2PAL is the best. Super, you wanted to try something higher resolution - here you go! I can see tank names. (it's 183MB zipped)
http://www.karllois.com/files/untitiled2.zip

The first video was done in 800x600 settings in treadmarks. I did a 1024x768 which is the max the notebook could go and didn't see much difference. You can get that one here (13MB). It's MPEG2PAL. I don't see any difference between this and the 183MB file above. It's me beating up my daughter.
http://www.karllois.com/files/mpeg2pal.mpg

I'm going to try 640x480 next and see if that helps.

------------------
Is that a nuke in your pants or are you just happy to see someone actually playing?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 12, 2002 09:35 PM            
Can't get the 183mb link to work.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Paranor
posted February 13, 2002 10:28 AM            
That's because I'm an idiot.

Try this
http://www.karllois.com/files/untitled2pal.zip

IP:

Paranor
posted February 13, 2002 05:50 PM            
*choke, gasp, weez* somebody is downloading something - my cable modem light is not blinking!

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 14, 2002 04:40 PM            
*slaps paranor*
no, you're not stupid, just being mean and trying not to take the blame now that you're back to your senses. But don't worry, we understand, after all, who doesn't want to be mean to super?
*throws pie at Super*
-------=============++++++++++++[}~

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted February 21, 2002 06:44 PM            
That movie is great. I love it.
Does anyone have any screenshots of everyone on the hill? I didn't see any postings of them.
Thanks,
mELONcRACKER [LWA]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 24, 2002 11:37 AM            
Video is now linked to from the DMF Treadmarks page (nr the top)

Good Job there Parnor ole buddy

IP: