This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Big Wednesday Game!!!
Sage
posted February 11, 2002 10:26 AM            
Ok, I was thinking instead of your average game this wednesday we could play on my server.
Anyway, the real reason I want people to play on this server so much is because I want some good honest feedback on what you think about my maps. On those and my new mods.

I also plan on including one of my new clan flages which I will place on my site for D/L.
One other thing:

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 11, 2002 11:01 AM            
Yeah, I think Hammer will be happy to get a break for once. Do we need to download any maps or anything? I suggest you prepare a zip file with everything we'll need (new flags, maps).

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

peeeto
posted February 11, 2002 11:03 AM         
and please make sure that the zip file(s) contain correct folder information so they unzip in the proper place.

thanks!

IP:

Hammer
posted February 11, 2002 11:12 AM            
That's fine with me. You'll just have to make all the maps available. List the ones you'll be using or something.
As usual Wed. are iffy for me as far as playing goes but if I can sqeeze a few minutes I'll be there. Make sure you put some name on the server to denote it as the place to be. I always called mine MexIndian's because he has been the main organizer on Wed.

IP:

Sage
posted February 11, 2002 12:52 PM            
You people are so funny. I'v been preparing for this for a while know Go here and click on the green tank to D/L: http://sagetm.tripod.com/zyonenterprisesandassociations/

Also, I would like to that Kong for practically making Alien Embry-O and Camp Ginga as well as Sailor for helping with Box Cut.

One other thing, I plane on putting a monolithic.zip of this on my site.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted February 11, 2002 01:00 PM         
Here is the map list
dm ninja starain.ved
CTF box cut.ved
ctf icy cinnimon.ved
ctf track and tread.ved
dm Alien Embryo.ved
dm camp ginga.ved
dm carrasel and starch.ved
dm fly-bear.ved
dm mudd vain valley.ved
Box Trote.ved
dm sega-core.ved
dm xmotor cross.ved
Jelly Beans Coffee.ved
the weapons are
Vertial Avenger, Scorpion's Tail, and Zyon Cannon.

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 11, 2002 01:03 PM            
Well, Track & Tread, Camp Ginga and the Ninja map are not in the correct directory structure in the zip. If you want I can make an addon pack.

Glad you included the Zyon blaster I like that one. It makes the cool warbird sound.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Vlad
posted February 11, 2002 02:57 PM            
Also, if you're going to make a server pack like this, just zip all the individual bmps, ents, veds, etc in one big zip, instead of having one zip with individual zips inside it. It's an unnecessary step to set the client-side stuff up, and it was REALLY annoying using PKunzip for a batch unzip, only to find out that some of the smaller zips didn't have the correct directory information...

EDIT: The Scorpion's Tail has two files with no directory information, scorpionweapon.ent and scorpiontail.ent.

[This message has been edited by Vlad (edited February 11, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 11, 2002 03:20 PM            
Yeah I saw the scorpoin ents. The one ent with ''weapon'' in the name goes in the addons weapon and the other in the projectile.

IP:

peeeto
posted February 11, 2002 03:44 PM         
i've never (really) created any weapon mods, so i'm not judging... just wondering if you use ENTegrity to check your mods, Sage?

it's very helpful to have proper folder info in mods to keep the TM folders in order, for unistalling & editing mods...

also, doesn't Kevlar already maintain a monolithic ZIP?

[EDIT] oops - you were talking about a monolithic ZIP for the Wed night fest...
thanks - dowloading one file will be great!

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited February 11, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted February 11, 2002 03:46 PM            
Go here to get the the Neon Monolithic.zip: http://sagetm.tripod.com/zyonenterprisesandassociations/

the other zip has all the files and works. But as always, check and make sure there are no files in the main directory.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted February 11, 2002 03:49 PM         
scooped

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited February 11, 2002).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 11, 2002 04:05 PM            
sounds like a great idea for Wednesday. Hope to see you guys there.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 11, 2002 04:10 PM            
I went ahead and entegrefied them since I have to do that before they go in the master anyway, they have a few errors.

So WM you may want the pack I have. Or you will get server log errors. I have been testing it today, bmp error and sound ent error. But they are fixed now.

And actually the Zyon Blaster as wm stated above, is not in the pack but the love gun and raptor are. (ZyonB.ent is love gun)

------------------
TM-Central.com

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited February 11, 2002).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted February 11, 2002 04:55 PM         
Hoot! You are right. Ill take your entegrefied versions. I have been doing some minor troubleshooting but I am sure you were more comprehensive (read: you get jiggy with Entegrety). Where is the DL?

EDIT: got it. Thanks Kev

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited February 11, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted February 11, 2002 06:44 PM            
OK I have just uploaded the my new clan flag for the server. And I sent them to WM so he should be getting them shortly. But in the mean time you can D/L the flages here: http://sagetm.tripod.com/zyonenterprisesandassociations/

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited February 11, 2002).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 11, 2002 08:08 PM            
Not to be mean, but maybe Kev should make Sage's ENTegrified zip file available for all of us to download...... I know that I had a real b**ch of a time fixing the sound problem I had due to non-ENTegrified weapons, and don't want to run the risk again.

------------------
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

The Weatherman
posted February 11, 2002 08:22 PM         
you can dload them from Kevlars site - I did sho 'nuff

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 12, 2002 08:01 AM            
I think I'll give Wed a miss too! Am not up for another reinstall! Besides am in early Thu morn! Have fun all!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 12, 2002 10:30 AM            
Sage, to let you know, your flag packs have two mis-named folders:
''arts'' should be ''art''
''texture'' should be ''textures''

You might want to change them in the d'load on your site, or just grab the fixed one from my site, page 2 of the flags thumbnails. I don't have them in the big master pack yet.

I figured you would have noticed when they didn't actually show up in TM's preview or in the game. Good idea to test your final pack before release.

Took me about 20 minutes to get it straightened out.
I caught the textures one off the bat, but I thought ENTegregy was messing up because it still kept telling me file not found. All because I did not notice the ''s'' on the end of your art folder.
It's also a good idea to copy/paste folder names when making your addon folders.

[EDIT] They are in the flag master pack now.

------------------
TM-Central.com

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited February 12, 2002).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 12, 2002 01:22 PM            
Ironically enough, I won't be playing this wed. It turns out I have to take my sister to a concert...... Have fun guys, and tell me how everything works out.
Thanks Sage for the initiative,
thanks Hammer for your hosting thus far,
and thanks Kev for being ... "observant" ...

Good fragging!

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Sage
posted February 12, 2002 01:59 PM            
What Concert? An how old is you sister? I NEED A GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited February 12, 2002).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 12, 2002 04:24 PM            
Mex, have you tried to get your sister addicted to TM also? Might as well try if you haven't!

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 12, 2002 04:55 PM            

*Missing teeth, after slap from Mex for talkin' bout his sister.*

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 12, 2002 06:22 PM            
Nah Kev.... that slap was from my sister herself..... which if you had a choice to fight me or her, I'd pick me! She's 25, totally not into video games, and the concert is Luis Miguel... this Mexican cat... pretty good, if you want to check out his music, I suggest it highly... good background music for .... whatever I do when I'm not working or playing TM!
Have fun guys.

P.S.- Sage... try to never speak to a Hispanic person about his family, it's a good way to get into a fight. I know you're kidding, it's just an FYI.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2