|
Author Topic:   This is the only thread you need to look at for changing the DDM time.
coax
Administrator
posted February 11, 2002 01:44 AM            
I think a new thread is in order so that Super and Kong can chill out a bit. The argument over DDM time is so ridiculous its actually hurting my brain thinking about it First off changing the DDM time is a big deal, and is not to be done lightly. All the trouble I went through taking votes, taking suggestions, taking criticism, it almost seemed not worth my time. I'm glad its become a community standard and I welcome the chance to make it more inclusive for our European brethren. Ni suggested 6est would be okay for him, so lets vote to change it to 6 pm EST. If you agree with the new time say its "good" if its not good say "not good" list why. If this is still too late for Europe let us know, so we can make a separate Euro-DDM.

Personally, I think it’s a bit unfair to blast Super for making people vote at his site. I enjoy doing things for the community because they can come and visit my website. I could list the DDM winners on the bboard but I think it would look a little bit nicer and be a bit more special if I did it at a website, and I think Super was thinking along those lines when he made his poll.
Plus, its always a good idea to visit everyone’s website every now and then, I remember someone else saying that not to long ago.

I would suggest everyone to vote in all 3 places here, at Super's site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treadmarkmods/
and at Kong's site http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=TMK

I vote yes on proposition 6est now I'm off to go vote in 2 more places.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted February 11, 2002 03:10 AM            
Anytime sounds good to me as long as it's not too late for our friends on the other side of the pond.

6pm EST sounds good to me.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 11, 2002 04:06 AM            
I vote no.I think the extra DDM is ample for anyone that is not happy with it being at 8EST.The results I got is that we need two DDM's.No need to throw those results out

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 11, 2002 04:36 AM            
All I care about is more people on the server, and if more people can show up at 6est so be it. Please, take the time to list in favor or disfavor of this. And especially if you live in Europe since this is being done for you. Dreamer is this more convenient? Anyone else?

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted February 11, 2002 05:20 AM            
I say good.
Why?. Im in the UK, so there is at present a +5hr difference from EST and 6hrs when we move in to British Summer (GMT+1)which puts the DM start at 1-2am.

If the start is 6EST then the GMT start would be a more acceptable 11/12pm.

the other throught is that due to the time diffrence we will end up with two separate groups one in the USA and one here in Europe.

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 11, 2002 10:27 AM            
That was what I was thinking about the Atlantic Split of the community and let's face it..not too many people from this side of the pond play DDM's frequently!

So 2 DDM's... does that mean that if you turn up for both, both scores count?

Because let's face it... the European DDM has less quality to it largely due to the fact of the numbers! We do have some great players..but we're still a minority!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 11, 2002 10:40 AM            
I was thinking maybe 5 pm eastern time...... Then Europe players get it at 10/11 right? *is confused with times* and then us here on west cost get it around 2 pm and so on
6pm would be "good" though. Don't get me wrong.

IP:

Hammer
posted February 11, 2002 10:49 AM            
I find our Euro players to be very accommadating to us just by saying that a game start at 11:00pm is ok with them.
I suppose it is better then 1 or 2 am. I believe we could do better for them if we agree to an earlier time. At the very least the 6:00pm EST start.
Of course in another few months I'll have bigger fish to fry!

IP:

Cell
posted February 11, 2002 05:43 PM         
6pm is fine for me too, better than 8pm actually. I'll probably be able to make more of 'em.

(Nice Striper, Hammer! I was gonna post a link for a good striper spot spot, but the UBB must have a limit on character lenght, so I'll email it to you instead)

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited February 11, 2002).]

IP:

reddog
posted February 11, 2002 06:34 PM         
I think anytime is better that 1-2 Am UK time, my wife wants me then, Yeh right.
Why not vote here as well http://www.votehere.com then we have four places, to be honest I think here is good one vote counts! Bulletin Board.
Bang ya Dead

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted February 12, 2002 05:49 PM            
6EST is fine for me or earlier if required to help our friends on the eastern side of the pond. I know we all need sleep and we all need to help each other if at all possible.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP: