|
Author Topic:   Strange Happenings?
Sage
posted February 08, 2002 10:06 PM            
Well I've noticed while playing CTF, that everytime I or a teammate gets an enemy's flag, that one of my teammates stays by our flag as if they're protcting it or standing guard. The opposing team doesn't seem do this as often. Has anyone ever noticed this while playing?

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 08, 2002 10:10 PM            
are you talking about AI behavior, or human?

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Sage
posted February 09, 2002 12:51 AM            
AI of course

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 09, 2002 01:34 AM            
I've never studied AI behavior in that much detail, although I should. But, from what I understand, if you have the flag your team AIs should all go and hunt down the other AIs closest to them. Same behavior goes for the other team. This behavior might have changed for TM1.6 but last I checked thatís what they did.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Vlad
posted February 09, 2002 02:03 AM            
I've actually NEVER seen an AI defend its own flag. AIs will pretty much always charge at the other team's flag if nobody's carrying it already, and if someone picks up their own flag, they'll all turn around and chase that person down, even if they're a foot away from grabbing the other team's flag.

IP:

Sage
posted February 09, 2002 11:41 AM            
Yeah, at least one AI on my team will stay by while the others help me or our teammate out. One of them was even circling our flag.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 09, 2002 04:26 PM            
Sounds like a bug to me.I don't think the AI's have a learning curve I've only seen them do what Vlad said
LDA beefed up the bots since 1.5 for sure though.They used to be really stupid and fire their weapon as soon as that got it,towards your direction,know matter if they were on the other side of the map.

IP: