|
Author Topic:   Oh dear....(A TreadMarks story)
A2597
posted February 06, 2002 08:40 PM            
Well, I was having fun on the DCTF gaem tonight. I managed to get the enemy flag, and started running back to my base (With the entire enemy team chasing me).
I was down to about 25% health, my base in site. Problem was I was sitting in a little hole in the ground, surrounded. as it was I could defend myself, but if I tried to get out, I'd be dead. Knowing I couldn't get out of this myself, I hit Y, and called for help. I had little hope they would arrive in time, there was no green spots on the radar at all. Then, suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, four green dots show up, coming VERY fast. With amazing speed they cleared the path for me to make my run for it, and I took the chance. I made it to!

I tell ya, the moment I saw those dots, and suddenly all the enemy tanks around me blew up is one of the FEW highlights of my gaming experiences. (The only other REALLY memerable one was a Citidel match in WoT that lasted to two an a half hours, where my team was out numbered, but holding our own, and eventually won, time on the cloack was 2:38 minutes.)

MAN that was sweet!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 06, 2002 11:46 PM            
Quality team-work, man! It's quite satisfying knowing that you're in a unit and working cohesively, even in games!

I reckon I could put my money's worth here in another CTF Sunday nite event!

I can't remember the maps' name but it's basically an arid map (stock) with about 2-3 large hills in between flags and a huge globe levitating in the middle!

After a couple of peoples' atempts at trying to grab the flag and being pushed off, I thought, at about 50-60% health, why the heck not and grabbed the flag to make towards my base. I was promptly knocked off the mound where the flag sat after grabbing it and down to about 20 % with flames spewing thinking oO "well I could make for base and someone following me could pick it up".

So I ploughed along and managed to navigate between a personal skirmish between two players, unscathed... climbed the next hill whilst looking at radar and saw a couple of red dots chasing with a couple of green dots about equi-distance behind them... being fragged was the only thing I thought would come of it, nevertheless I kept the pedal down! Next thing I knew, I thinki t was Synack who said, in a team message "Go Ni..you're clear!" (or along the lines of)

Man, what a Star Wars moment, so feck it... light speed...towards the flag whilst spewing flames and a peashooter at the helm with NO red dots in sight!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 07, 2002 08:04 AM            
*gains control to type* HEHEHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

aww man i still wake up at 2 am and think..."mumbel mumble..fek it....light speed..hehehe..mumble murrmur"

and ye a time i saw team work like that
was when me and super teamed up in the 2 vs 2 he had the good communication which is what i try to do in team matches...pays off to! when the people respond or whatever

be bak soon guys

IP:

MexIndian
posted February 07, 2002 09:40 AM            
That's why I like CTF... it's fragging with a purpose and a sense of accomplishment in fragging someone who would have fragged your teammate flag-carrier.

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 07, 2002 10:19 AM            
word

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 07, 2002 11:43 PM            
It provokes a lot of good team play.... I'd like to personally send out a thanks to everyone who came up with the idea and made it possible (as in, telling LDA to do it). Now, if only there were more CTF servers on

IP: