This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   TM Soccer can happen?
Sage
posted February 05, 2002 11:13 AM            
On JV's Mod Site I saw a thing about TM Soccer, or something like that, and I think I found out a way to do it.

What if, instead of using a simple ball to tread around and try and hit into a goal, you use a soccer ball launcher( like that crawling plasma ball weapon). It would fire a soccer-like ball with no guidance, and no timetolive. Just a straight path and a some kick on empact. And at any given time, there are only 3 soccer ball launchers on field per team. Plus, to make it a little easier(I guess) each team would have there own launcher....... The black team would get a black launcher and the blue team would get a blue launcher and so on. Also, instead of use a special goal or net, we could use those poles we use when racing. Well what do ya think? I think it's a pretty good idea.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

Sage
posted February 05, 2002 11:16 AM            
Also, this post isn't a mod post because the only people who could probably do this is LDA, that and some other (can't think of) reasons.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 05, 2002 11:12 PM            
Sounds like a great idea Sage.A new aspect to the game that equals something such as CTF.I remember Starcraft soccer.It was really fun.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 06, 2002 07:08 AM            
"this post isn't a mod post "

never said a word - lol. COAX !!!

just kiddin lol... chill, tm soccer, great idea

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted February 06, 2002 06:05 PM            

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted February 09, 2002 10:15 AM            
Sounds great, *can't wait*

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 10, 2002 07:42 PM            
*gives idea an E-Hug*
LOVE IT!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 21, 2002 09:40 AM            
It's done...sort of.

See my post in the modding section. : ]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 21, 2002 07:34 PM            
Not very many takers, huh?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 21, 2002 07:48 PM            
hey man ICQ me too!!!!! I want it I want it!!!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 21, 2002 10:26 PM            
You KNOW I want to give it a try

IP:

Irascible
posted March 21, 2002 11:54 PM            
Cool diversion. Who would of thought soccer could be fun? :P I've got to remember wear my cup next time.

It would be neat if someone could make some stands with advertisements, spectators, etc. for the map. And to make it REAL authentic, get some drunk Euro types to fill them. Or even better, have flustered screaming suburban WASP types in there trying to live through there kids... yelling at the coach at the top of their lungs just he just pulled their little precious from the game. I have no idea how hard it is to do, but if there's someone that could do it...

BTW, that map would be good for gladiator style matches. Make a variant where the spawn point is top side so that observers won't disrupt the gladiators. Then, oh I don't know, say Guido and I could slug it out in the arena... fun... Irascible the Gladiator that ate too much pie...

(ah yes, then I thrust the dagger into Commodus's throat... ...blood spewing... ...desperate gurgling noises as he attempts to breath... ...wait!... ...am I day dreaming again???... ...WAIT!... ...did I say that out loud?!?... ...uh oh...)

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited March 22, 2002).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted March 22, 2002 01:14 AM            
I have never laughed so hard in my life. This map will be perfect for Sunday events. I recommended to bzp of making 2 maps, a soccer and a jousting arena as well. Make one oval shaped like the Roman Coliseum.

Speaking of Gladiator matches. Me and Ni stopped playing soccer and started jousting and it was a blast. He made a goal with me and I made a goal with him so we're even.

And on the last shot he hit me and my internet connection dropped for some reason. So it was like he shot me clear out of TM.

It would be a blast with a lot of people we only had three and it was huge fun.

I have one request, make two of the weapon spawns dedicated mass driver power ups.

Great fun. Good job in such a short time there BZP.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 22, 2002 01:38 AM            
Thanks much for appreciating the fun! I was laughing my butt off!! Kinda hard to play serious soccer if you get banged around so much. It was great to see that you guys were considerate to let people have their shots at the ball. Thanks...

Hope to have the updates to the soccer map soon. Will let you know in this thread when it's ready for testing and release.

Will add the mass drivers at the goalie's positions. How about increasing the ammo for it from 10 to 40?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 22, 2002 07:27 AM            
It totally ripped man!! I think Bam's gonna be the best at this game tho and not because he designed it... because everyone else has too much fun, as Kev says, massing each other into the goals!! It's unbelievably so sweet it totally rocks and am really really surprised and extraordinarily happy with it.

So much so, maybe a Wed DDM sometime?!?!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted March 22, 2002 07:31 AM            
oh...and for the proposed jousting matches...hhe...for authenticity of a crowd!!

Why don't we do it for a huge meeting one time..eg a DDM where the aren is used for a couple of tanks to joust and the rest of the tanks sit up in the gods (the sides of the pitch) to watch, scream, taunt and jeer!! hehe!

------------------
Feck It... Light Speed

IP:

TurdHeart
posted March 22, 2002 07:59 AM            
Man, I can't wait to try this... !
Wish I'd gotten in on the testing.

What happens if you DO choose to be the 8-ball?

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted March 22, 2002 11:49 AM            
you cant move teh people on server have to shoot you and you can shoot if you want tough ask goldant how it feals to be the 8-ball

IP:

MexIndian
posted March 22, 2002 01:01 PM            
iF YOU WANT TO ORGANIZE IT FOR A WED NIGHT, THAT'S FINE.... jUST LET ME KNOW. sOUNDS FUN.

------------------
What are you doing wrong?
Why are you doing it wrong?
Why are you still doing it wrong?
------
<-=+ TEAM MEXEEETO +=->

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 22, 2002 03:08 PM            
Okay...just sent out a mass email with the latest changes. Hope you can connect to the server.

The zipfile I sent should allow you to play/practice offline. See how many times you can score in any goal. Then see how many times you can score in YOUR goal. Not so easy, huh?

If I forgot anyone, please send the zipfile to them. Sorry if I didn't send it to you personally.

I can put together a server pack as I've modified all the tank ents to lower their armor and increase their ammo count to 40 and a few other "new" tweaks.

Seems that the steel tanks don't fair as well as the liquids tanks do. Good luck and hope to see you on the field.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 22, 2002 04:32 PM            
Turdheart,

The email under your profile isn't working. Could someone send him the zip? Thanks...

IP:

TurdHeart
posted March 22, 2002 08:03 PM            
Oh my - I forgot I even HAD a profile.
I've updated it.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted March 22, 2002 11:51 PM            
It should be in your inbox by now, Turdheart! Log on when you get the chance...

Just upped the number of players to 8 humans. Hope my DSL upload will support it...

IP:

guido 1
posted March 23, 2002 12:50 AM         
how about tm rugby ????? or cricket , or badminton , and some bright hot pink uniforms for the teams..... hehehehe really are you serious ??? well i guess so , might be fun , but then again ...... it may be slightly different than Seumas' vision of the game . be sure and post some screen shots .

------------------
If you can't run with the big [D.O.G.]'S .... stay on the porch hehe ... Guido the mercy killer .... FRAG ON .....

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted March 23, 2002 12:32 PM            
Hey, for team uniforms, You could take out all the Mass Driver spawns, and Make the Main Gun spawn a Mass Driver that turns your tank into your team color Only thing is, we'd have to use Red and Blue Trons or something like that. So its all even eh? think about it, Jelly Black and Jelly Blue. Sorta like the Shadow Keeper. So you'd have the Mass Driver,but your tank would also change colors hehe, and get wobbly... If you'd like me to, i'll make them, and send them to ya BZP...

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2