This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   NEW Dnx Clansite is up
=DNX= Matrix
posted February 03, 2002 04:52 AM            
Would love comments - have added a clan history, caption competition, a terrific chatprogram and loadsa other neeto stuff.

check it out for me once huh

cheers
www.dnxbzclan.homestead.com/visitorsmenu.html

IP:

Hammer
posted February 03, 2002 08:05 AM            
Nice!! Had I seen it last night I could have used this emoticon :*)
Also when I responded that I liked the site I was rewarded with some wonderful UK eye candy. Thank You I needed that.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted February 03, 2002 10:06 AM            
thats a great improovment , the history of DNX is reely interesting , your effort has shown dude =)

3 cheers for matrix hehe

hip hip!

IP:

guido 1
posted February 03, 2002 10:09 AM         
now that was definitly worth a yes vote . BTW where is the order form ? i like the brunette and would like to place my order . they are in stock aren't they ???? heres my credit card info TM mastercard # OU-81-2 . hehe .

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 03, 2002 12:11 PM            
Glad ya'll like - im quite proud of it the artwork is courtesy of a lady called Olivia De Berradinis www.imaginetion.com

if thats wrongly spelt ill get the right one l8r, im kinda dashing around today

IP:

Dudymas
posted February 03, 2002 03:09 PM            
Everyone click
quote:
[NO]
at the bottom of the screen at the DNX site, mwahahahahah!

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited February 03, 2002).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 03, 2002 03:14 PM            
lol, yes everyone needs to click [no]. But, if your young or easily offended I wouldn't do it

[This message has been edited by coax (edited February 03, 2002).]

IP:

Hammer
posted February 03, 2002 03:37 PM            
Kind of reminds me of Alberto Vargas 's work. His Varga Girls were all the rage in the 40's.Vargas

IP:

swisher
posted February 03, 2002 06:07 PM            
Looks really good under Internet Explorer, but horrible under Netscape (4.7x).

Nice and compact. Very cvool, Matrix.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted February 03, 2002 06:59 PM            
very nice Matrix.

On a side note, how do you do that quote thing I see once in awhile?

------------------
Just remember that friends dont let friends FRAG drunk.
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 03, 2002 08:28 PM            
Quote thing... ** Looks at tiggs ? ** huh ? dunno what ya mean LOL ** walks away **

Vargas, hmm yes could be i have loads of art on the system, i collect loadsa art books from vargas and olivio to achilleos and vallejo, even some sorayama. So i could be mistaken.

IP:

KONG
posted February 03, 2002 08:31 PM            
quote:
lalalalal

read the FAQ look for the UBB code

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited February 03, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 04, 2002 06:08 AM            
I've never seen the point in quoting ppl, i find it funnier to describe actions lol..... ** looks at kong, picks up a custard pie and throws it - DUCK YA BIG APE !!! ** lol

IP:

blandy
posted February 04, 2002 06:35 AM            
Long time no C! Been far 2222222 long since I've been in here! Nice site Matrix, looking good from wot I can C!

Just built my new computer the other day trust me, it ROCKS! Any game I have, 1280 * 1024, (my monitor wont go any higher!), all settings on HIGH! NO PROBLEM! hehe, graphics R AWSOME!!

I'm sooooo happy

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 04, 2002 01:00 PM            
Sounds good blandy m8 - drop me an icq - 30148958, i got some info for ya.

PS; guys i know ya gonna hate me for advertising but i just got my girlfriends site up ....
www.paintbox.filetap.com or its linked in on dnxworld... byw that little chap at the bottom of the new dnx site - she did that, and thats a link to her site too.

Have fun.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 04, 2002 03:14 PM            
since Matrix is advertising and I wanted to bring this up but I didn't think it was worth a new thread.

My website has a new address coaxs.net. IF you ever need those DDM ladders or anything at my site, but you hate writing the long geocities.com/coaxs name. All you need to do is type coaxs.net and it will take you straight to it. I was shocked that a 5 letter domain was still available especially for a .net

p.s I like the Sandra site

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted February 04, 2002 04:00 PM            
Don't tell me you had to pay for that!Does Geocites offer that for free now?They have really changed since I used them 4 years ago.

Nice site Matrix.Do you do all the artwork yourself?If so you a really talented guy.I went through one of your old sites ,dnx world.com I think, and was looking at some of the business you do.Top notch.And I can only draw stickmen

IP:

Paranor
posted February 04, 2002 04:42 PM            
This is how I manage my domain name:

I purchased karllois.com at $30-40 ? can't remember). I was stu and registered it via network solutions. I know it's cheaper elsewhere so spare me the spam!

I think I pay $10 to yahoo to manage the domain name.

Network solutions has their records pointing to yahoo. Yahoo then has some very nice mgmt tools. At Yahoo is where I manage where I want my e-mail, ftp, web, etc. traffic to go. I have a MX record to send my e-mails to kreischl@yahoo.com until I get my e-mail server up again.

Then there is a forward for URL & FTP to dyndns.org. dyndns.org is free but I do send them a donation.

dyndns.org then looks at their DNS tables to get the IP address of my PC. Since I have cable I have DHCP addr assignments so there is a software that runs on my PC that updates the DNS tables on dyndns.org.

dyndns.org is used for people who have broadband and get DHCP address assignments. there are other places.

I know that dyndns.org can do redirecting but their front end is too hard to understand for me so I paid yahoo $10 to use their front end.

so that's why if you type in www.karllois.com the URL will change to karllois.dyndns.org

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited February 04, 2002).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 04, 2002 04:58 PM            
cost $35 bucks from yahoo, and then it forwards it for free to my geocities account. Don't waste your spam on saying i paid to much, Matrix already ripped into me

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 04, 2002 08:40 PM            
I keep it simple.

Homestead - purchased space, free easy site builder, no banners, unlimited emails and websites. - charge $25 annual to existing clients.

ShortURL.com - Provider of filetap url free, easy and great site stats inc refferals list per month plus raw and repeated hits.

Realtracker - Free, provides hot ratings on index pages only, what browser, what locale the hits come from, most popular browser, operating system etc - the full expo.

ISeek - Free - Monitors the "uptime" of a site by checking it hourly for access and each week sending you a report with average access times. Sending this info to homestead helps them streamline servers for peaktime useage.

NetZero - Provided DNXWorld.com $35 3 years with an email i never use, full domain control, redirect, url masking and a great whois tool.

GRC.com - Free tools to check your computer safety and system integrity inc a "click of death" checker for those pesky zipdrives

So heres the lowdown - any charges i get I simply add into the charge for the clients - after all its their website , they dont get banners etc so it only fair - net result - i pay sod all.

I break everything down from access to one url:

DNXWORLD links to:

DNX Designs, Sandras Art site, Deathmatch Federation, cyberspace live and some misc tools.

Each sub-site leads to relavent other subsites like dnx designs links to clients, dmf links to dnx clan etc. and they in return link back to dnxworld.

if you think of it like a tree its real simple to understand. Anytime you forget a url - goto dnxworld.com and follow the links - couldnt be simpler.

and to answer supers question - the paintbox art site is all sandras work appart from the interface. The new dnx site is all mine appart from the background face and the teeny cartoon bottom left (which also links to sandras site).

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 05, 2002 09:05 AM            
Domain Registration: Tm-Central annual $12
Hosting: free for the first 100mb, additional 200mb for $10 annual. No banners, pop ups, Comes with Site Stats, Counters, etc. FTP is separate, so you have to use there 'sucky' uploader.

Total....
Cha'Ching

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Paranor
posted February 05, 2002 09:18 AM            
Who does the site hosting Kevlar? I have 2 friends who want to host a site but at a very low-level and this sounds like it. Especially when there are no ad banners, correct?

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 05, 2002 03:28 PM            
I use FreeWebz, with a ''z'' and not an ''s''. I started out looking for a 50mb+ free site with no pop-ups, I can handle the banners though. They start with 40mb free account that you have to put the banner code at the bottom.

At first I did not intend on registering a domain, because I knew the going rate was about $35 at Network Solutions. But when I saw I could register thru them for only $12, I did it.

They offer the first 40mb free and if you are near that limit you can request the full free 100mb. You can purchase more space up to unlimited.

If you register through them for $12 you don't have to use their banner code at the bottom at all. Or if you are not planning to register a domain you can pay $10 just to remove the code, but you might as well pay $2 more and get a domain name.

The coolest part of all is you can unzip files onto the server. So instead of me uploading those 119 individual weapon files, I just zipped them then uploaded them and then I click unzip and they extract on the server into the current folder. It will also keep your directory structure in tact inside the zip file. That's how I uploaded my whole site originally, I created the site locally, then zipped the whole site, folders and all, then I uploaded it to the root, then unzipped, then delete the original zip off the server. Because they have a sucky upload interface... one file at a time. Without the unzip feature it would really suck. But you can purchase FTP for ''$30/yr'', yikes!

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted February 05, 2002 08:21 PM            
sounds good if youre used to ftp and sukky interfaces.... is there a bandwidth limit per month or is it unlimited ?

IP:

Kevlar
posted February 05, 2002 10:21 PM            
Actually I said sucky upload only. The file manager tools are good. And the stats are very detailed. And I get 1 Gigabyte per month bandwidth. That was the best I found.

How much bandwidth do you get over there?

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2