This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   SUNDAY NIGHT DDM
Paranor
posted January 31, 2002 01:14 AM            
Per Vlad and myself, how about we use Vlad's mod pack?

It's already well balanced and tested.

Plus it's SSO. But for those who don't want to wait for it to sync up 200 entities along with the 158 flag entities I will at least have the 200 entities ready for download sometime thursday.

Or at least when I get the new update from Vlad when he's done playing Total something or another with Jvortex.

Thoughts? And no, A2597 we won't use your weapons. At least for me it takes too much time to figure out a server pack. I would suggest you first put together a balanced server pack, I'll or WM or Hammer or Super or someday will host it for testing and tweaking.

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done.
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 31, 2002 04:12 AM            
Ju mean the Ifrit and Juggernaut Vlad stuff?Or like classic Vlad mods?

IP:

Kevlar
posted January 31, 2002 07:41 AM            
I was testing the synching part at work some last week at work, and your right as long as you have the sso pack loaded locally it does not take long.

But as a suggestion, since it's a DDM event and you want it to go as smooth as possible, you could always include the flag pack in with your final server pack. Full flag pack is only about 700kb. Even dial-ups can handle that. And Vlad's pack is only a couple hundred Kb. Just a suggestion.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Paranor
posted January 31, 2002 09:33 AM            
Ju have a good questeen super. It would be the Ifrit and Juggernaut pack.

WORD! Kevlar - good idea.

Here it is 8:32 am and I still don't have th updated pack. WORD up Vlad.

IP:

Kevlar
posted January 31, 2002 11:23 AM            
WORD! Back at Cha' Par.

I have a link to the current Vlad Pack on my front page in the menu.

Should be ''VladPack2''
(Linked to a zip file on his site, so it should be current.)

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Paranor
posted January 31, 2002 12:39 PM            
OY! Major WORD Kevlar. Why should I bother screwing around with the link etc when da man has it already done.

So everyone get it from him.

IP:

Vlad
posted January 31, 2002 01:47 PM            
Current, yes..

I was making a few explosion effects a little less heavy, however. Something tells me that any little bit will help. Having the VladPack2.zip from my site, plus the master flag pack should eliminate most of the synching needed. I'll only be altering 10-15 ents for the DDM version.

IP:

Kevlar
posted January 31, 2002 01:47 PM            
And I would advise everyone to grab the flag master pack while you're there too. So's you won't have to synch the flags either.

OY?
Is that a Packers thing?

[EDIT]
Nevermind Vlad already said it about the flags...

------------------
TM-Central.com

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited January 31, 2002).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 31, 2002 02:39 PM         
BTW, what does the server use to decide what to synch on? file name, file size ... any ideas?

Edit: name and date?

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited January 31, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 31, 2002 03:46 PM            
I was thinking...we had CTF the last 2 Sunday's..maybe we're due for a DDM with no mods?Maybe just the two Vlad tanks?

IP:

synack
posted January 31, 2002 04:00 PM         
toss into the planning process that the DDM on 2/10, The Birthday Bash, will likely be stock DDM.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 31, 2002 07:01 PM            
Birthday Bash?

IP:

Marmalizer
posted January 31, 2002 07:55 PM            
Geeez! you guys!
Nothing's changed then since I last ventured this way!
DDM's, CTF's DCTF's DFF's, what the hell are you guys on?
From what I can see in the forum you've only played two SINGLE 'DDM's' in the last three weeks! Oh my good.... that must 'ave been one almighty strain on you!
Put you off did it? must have been a whoppin' turn out for the wednesday night's 'CTF's' then, eh?
Them 'MOD' server's must be bulging at the seems, but HEY! you have got a 'DDM' coming up in three weeks time, oh my good.... better overdose on some more 'CTF's' at the thought of playin' another game where the scores actualy count!
I mean, there is some point to all these 'Gangs' you lot play in aren't there?
BTW, nice try with the 'come an' 'ave a go if you think you're hard enough maker'.
Perhaps if you made it 5 mins long you might get someone to play ( and stuck a flag in it, Marm! ) *runs around inanly, do I dare? do I really dare, I mean, I've never played for that long before!*
Is that what you like, eh? chatting in brakets and astri.... better then playing for the same length of time, eh?

How about we have CTF on sundays, and then have, um, er, CTF on wednesdays! flippen' heck, I never thought of that before! yes and that way we can camp when we want, the big guns won't have to worry if they can perform alright, and, and, and then we can count just the team scores so that no one will know that there's six of us and only two of them! grreeaat! I Love it! and we'll never have to play another game of that nasty Treadmarks tanky DDM game.

Oh, dear just to hear that name makes me want to try a.... dare I say it? a race!

There I've said it.

Keeps everyone happy.

IP:

Marmalizer
posted January 31, 2002 07:57 PM            
But Marm! that kinda truth hurts!

IP:

guido 1
posted January 31, 2002 08:01 PM         
WORD .

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

whosdat
posted January 31, 2002 08:02 PM         
Hey it's Guido's other alter ego.
Guido-lizer

IP:

whosdat
posted January 31, 2002 08:04 PM         
For those of you that don't know, they are the same I'm afraid. Try as ''they'' might to seem as two different people.

IP:

whosdat
posted January 31, 2002 08:05 PM         
But hey whosdat... that kind of truth hurts...

IP:

Marmalizer
posted January 31, 2002 08:12 PM            
Tryin' your hand at humour, eh? Cluedo? 'bout time.

IP:

Marmalizer
posted January 31, 2002 08:13 PM            
Lol.

Really! Marm.

IP:

guido 1
posted January 31, 2002 08:33 PM         
BTW whosdat have you emailed me yet regarding my last email ???? some guido BB administrator you've turned out to be . i thought i could trust you to be a loyal YES MAN , i'll give you at least 10 more chances ! if you agree answer YES , or would you rather email me ??? and i hope you haven't posted anything about our power grabbing power play here on the BB . that should be in a 128 bit encrypted email . so email me and i'll email you right back .... just say YES !!!

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted February 01, 2002 09:33 PM            
Marm, Guido1, or whoever you pretend to be with the exact same IP#. You've never got tired of the same cereal day after day? Its the same theory at work here.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

whosdat
posted February 02, 2002 12:40 AM         
Now for the kicker...
Would you like to know who Guido/Marm really are... You'd just die...

IP:

KONG
posted February 02, 2002 01:20 AM            
would just make us think they're a jerk. so why bother

IP:

KONG
posted February 02, 2002 01:22 AM            
hey guido, i saw a server running on 1.0.1. if u hurry you can still connect and have time to run off the map!

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3