|
Author Topic:   WED NIGHT CTF & Sun. Night DDM
MexIndian
posted January 30, 2002 07:28 PM            
Per Guido's suggestion, how bout we dedicate Wed. nights to CTF (or DFF (ask Coax)) and Sunday nights to DDM.

Input?

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Hammer
posted January 30, 2002 08:01 PM            
Fine with me! As long as we are playing regularly I'm happy.

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 08:01 PM         
WORD

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

ARAGON
posted January 30, 2002 10:08 PM            
Word to Guido's Word.

------------------
A frag a day keeps the doctor away......
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 30, 2002 10:44 PM         
Sundays have traditionally been run as DDM unless one of the servers gets a wild hair or it is requested by regulars. Usually if it is goin to differ from a standard DDM, there is a few days notice and ppl can complain and try to get it changed if so desired. Sometimes there is so little feedback that whoever feels like hosting it pretty much calls it. IOW, declaring Sundays DDM only will probably only last for a few sundays.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 31, 2002 01:05 AM            
WORD! to WM's words.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 31, 2002 04:13 AM            
Yup...DDM's every Sunday has been tried and it loses its luster after a while so we throw in CTF or mods.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 31, 2002 09:31 AM            
WORD! Aragon - I already had that tag line. Stop acting like my twin.

IP:

MexIndian
posted January 31, 2002 10:52 AM            
Well, you can throw in mods of different sorts, but if some of your sunday regulars get bored of DDM, then that's good! Maybe we'll see more ppl on wednesday nights!

------------------
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 31, 2002 02:12 PM            
On Sundays we play a Death Match game(DM). But since its a tournament of sorts we call it a Deadliest Death Match(DDM). In that same vain during a Capture The Flag game that seems to be a tournament of sorts its called a Deadliest Flag Frag(DFF)

Regular Games are either: DM,CTF
Tournaments are either: DDM,DFF

its a matter of just flowing logically, at least to me.

Its all put forth here officially. /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001338.html

lol, as if anything i do is official. Oh-well it just seems to make more sense to be this way.

Edit: Don't put a ":" "D" together

------------------

[This message has been edited by coax (edited January 31, 2002).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 31, 2002 02:52 PM         
I think that DCTF is better simply because one can figure out that it is something-CTF . To get DFF, you have to read the BBS.

Here is a little skit to illustrate my point:

"What's a DFF?" , a newbie might say to themselves.
"I dunno, but I don't like it! Sounds vaguely obscene", the newbie might reply to themselves.
"Gosh-diddly-darn it! Get out of my head! Thursdays are my days to have the body!" the perplexed and vexed newbie shouts aloud, causing all around him to to scoot their chairs away.
"Look, lets just calm down and play the DCTF - I am pretty sure that is soemthing to do with CTF." The newbie placatingly murmers to himself.
"Okay, fine. You drive, I will control the turret." the down-calming newb thinks silently"

See, using DCTF terminology makes things less confusing and keeps new players happily playing instead of being locked away in a rubber room.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited January 31, 2002).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted January 31, 2002 06:02 PM            
LOL. My vote is with WM..... I mean, I used to agree with Coax, but WM's example is impecable, and highly realistic.

Besides, no insult Coax, but I think it would be easier to just put a D in front of whatever to represent that it's for real.

To get away from using only frags to quantify how good a player is, how bout using number of Team wins for each player... in that way, the whole team might be more encouraged to protect the flag, etc...... and eventually, I think the score'll be representative of individual talent. Or we could pick teams... I don't know.

------------------

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 31, 2002 06:30 PM            
DCTF is fine with me. Just informing you guys on what it use to be called. Deadliest Capture The Flag(DCTF) doesn't have the same ring to it though.

IP:

Vlad
posted January 31, 2002 06:35 PM            
quote:
. Or we could pick teams... I don't know.

Wow, grade school flashbacks...

At least I wouldn't have to worry about being chosen last if that came up

IP:

synack
posted January 31, 2002 06:42 PM         
I would.

IP:

Marmalizer
posted January 31, 2002 08:00 PM            
Geeeeez! /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001906.html

IP:

Karldar
posted February 01, 2002 05:47 PM            
Here's how we need to do it! Nice and simple:

DM=regular ol' deathmatch

CTF=regular ol' capture the flag match

DM-W=official ACLU, BWL, DNX ,DOG, IRS, LMAO, LOL, LWA, NOW, NRA, PETA, ROTFL, TC, WWF-sanctioned deathmatch

CTF-W=official Q*bert-sponsored capture the flag match

"So what's the W stand for, Karldar?"
"Why, it stands for WORD my fine, feathered fruit loops."

No Llamas were harmed in the posting of this post which I have posted(I think).

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Marmalizer
posted February 02, 2002 02:53 PM            
You forgot SSO, and also, Anyone for one more game of CTF?

IP: