|
Author Topic:   Coax..
-DNX-Ni
posted January 29, 2002 09:24 PM            
OK.. I just want to ask! Why did you move matrix's post from here to thegeneral forum on one persons' request? It was stated and justified that it was TM related as it was to do with tanks an how their meshes could b used in TM! See Weathermans' post in where he says it might b more appropriate for the modded section of the BB!! Dreamer, if I'm not mistaken, asked to be moved to the general forum, but I reckon, if anytin, that it was a more modded related topic!

You do not have ot jump at the request of one indivudual, with all due respect, Dreamer! But, I myself feel iy was a harmless 'general' TM issue, and if not a modding issue! I speak from an objecive perspective on this topic and I ask Coax, not to jump as it seems fit to some people! I realise that there are individuals who use this forum that are extremely experienced in TM and programming, but it does not mean they have all say in a matter!! I felt that Wolfrum post was harmless, TM-wise and people complaining about it are doing so because they feel they have more say now in moving posts to other, seemingly more relevant parts of the forum as Coax is a player and someone they can easily relate to as a fellow TMer wihtout feelng as is if they're hassling hte person!

I ask Coax, I think you have been doing an excellent job in keeping track and performing the task which was asked of you and you accepted, but I do not agree with adhereing to one person's opinion on a matter and jumping at their disposal! I ask for you to seek a less bias judgement on a matter before acting upon it! It is your job to use your wisdom and initiative in this forum!

------------------
Feck it... Light Speed!!!!

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 29, 2002 09:28 PM            
And, it is also my poinion that Guido's constant slating of Sage is extremely personal from recent posts! I have no conflict with Guido or Sage but it seems they are having some kind of continuing war-or-words on this 'general TM' forum!

Guido, you may have an opinion and a judgment of #Sage for whatever reason, but take it out on the game or in the general forum please!

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 29, 2002 11:09 PM            
I personally don't care what is placed in this forum as long as its not modding type questions.Like how do I make blah blah blah.This community is small enought I don't think we have to worry about this forum turning into garbage.I might feel I personally need to ask people a question that is not TM related.I don't see any harm in doing so.
I do think some people give Sage a hard time everytime he posts something here because sometimes his posts are a little off topic or lutucrious.I don't have a problem with it though.I know he is in high school though I don't know his age so there is some amount of immuturity to be expected.Don't take what I say in the wrong way.Sage is a good guy and there is nothing that I dislike about him.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 30, 2002 12:03 AM         
Hehe - The urge to reply sharply or sarcastically to Sage is always there, cause some of his posts ask for it. However, I think he is a great addition to the community (as all our younger members are) because he is not as guarded about his ideas as the some of the fogey-butts on this list . Plus, he has energy and free time in abundace - also quite necessary to keep the community going. Trying is the first step toward success. If you are not making mistakes, you are not doing anything.

-----------------------------------------
Question for WM: Is it hard to be so right all of the time?
WM: No, not at all.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited January 30, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 12:26 AM         
Word ....... Sage is 15 , i think he mentioned his age in an earlier post . And my responses to him are purely in self defense , i'm not alway's online as Guido . i've proved a point to myself regarding many facets of this game by doing so . in disguise i'm quite a good player , especially when not being Guido allows me to not be chased by 3 or 4 at a time . heheehe ...... fun . it's more fun being 1 of the 3 or 4 ganging up on some other super player .

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

whosdat
posted January 30, 2002 01:26 AM         
''Thor'' the mercy killer I always say....

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 30, 2002 03:26 AM            
I appreciate your comments Ni but I get stuck in a dilemma. If I move a personís thread then someone might say, "hey why you do that coax." If I don't move a thread someone will say, "hey, I told you to move this, this has no place here." If I move anything with my own free will and intuition, Guido will say, "thought police alert!" All 3 have happened in the course of this week. I think the system going now works good, its of course imperfect but it seems to be the one I get in the least trouble for, I hope you can appreciate my situation.

[edit]But, to be completely honest, I really donít care where anyone posts anything. I move things because other people do care (and they can care loudly.)

I've been reading the bboard for so long that the irrelevant misplaced posts donít faze me. Although, I'm with super on the modding threads, they got to be the most confusing things I end up reading. One would think I would of learned modding by now.

As to the Sage and Guido conflict, I want to throw in my $.02. I think itís a good sign. In large groups not everyone gets along and this is a sign of TM growth. And, plus its not like there the leaders of some major clan and thereís a threat of splitting the TM community. Although, I do agree it belongs to an icq chat and not so much on the bboard. People seldom start fighting for no reason, and they both have it coming IMHO. As I said before I'm just glad there attention isn't focused on me. But, as a member of this happy community I hope they can work it out. And I would be very happy to see them do so, right here, in this thread. Just put smileys and say there sorry, without the "sarcasm". I should probably stay far away from that issue but I'd rather offer an olive branch for reconciliation then stay neutral.

[This message has been edited by coax (edited January 30, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 30, 2002 04:06 AM            
OK Coax... thanks for the response and everyone else! Fair enough it seems to be working yeah and it is a growing community but I felt I had to get that out If not to answer my questions but I guess a few others who were maybe tinking the same thing and, in your defense, Coax, you can use this post!

------------------

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 30, 2002 05:07 AM            
i thought you were apointed tho coax cos we can trust u not to be the thought police?
and in that trust u coudl do what u wanted?

i trust ya! =/

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

KONG
posted January 30, 2002 08:58 AM            
Coax, just use your judgement. That's why you where nominated to that position. Even if someone asks to have a thread moved/deleted, it's still your decision. Also, you really dont have to explain to us every time you perform admin on the bbs.

------------------
"Can you dig it? I knew that you could." KongsBigA$$-Site

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 30, 2002 09:05 AM            
i trust & value coax & dreamers judgement and that the threads will end up in the right places if misplaced - as for sage, well ya its easy to shout but to be honest i kinda like the lad.

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 09:29 AM         
i never said i didn't like sage , i wouldn't waste my time with trading insults if i didn't like him lol . i don't think i'm the only one ehhh coax ??? you've given sage a few good barbs yourself .... it's entertaining . as for my simian freind KONG . just move one of his topics and he'll scream BLOODY MURDER . i hope he doesn't start sulking again . come on KONG help us ...... to help you . hehehehee ....LMAO .

------------------

IP:

A2597
posted January 30, 2002 09:38 AM            
Being a member of over a dozen communities, and a Moderator of two large communities, I think I can help a little.

Use your own judgment as to if a topic is on, or off topic. One complaint is almost never enough to justify moving a topic/closing a topic. (There are exceptions, but those are if someones going you a heads up about a bad topic, rather then a request).

The general rule is this, if it's related to the topic of the forum, it's OK.
(That means in this forum discussion about treadmarks, and treadmarks related issues. Modding treadmarks topics would go into the modding forum, and stratagy questions go in the stratagy forum, everything else goes into the "General Discussion" forum).

Hope this helps.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 10:36 AM         
to WHOSDAT .... any referance to Thor or any other tm player as Guido , whether living , or dead , is purely coincidental . now if you were to say that NeoKi and Sage were the same person , i believe that you would not only be psychic , but that you have followed his trek towards maturity with a loving fondness , found in the animal kingdom . primarily by primates , and most mammals , such as KONG . hehe .

------------------

IP:

peeeto
posted January 30, 2002 11:02 AM         

heh heh heh... guido's crosshairs zoom in on his next taunt victim!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 30, 2002 11:35 AM            
yeah i think matrix and KONG got my vibe heer

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted January 30, 2002 03:24 PM            
well darn haven't heard my name latley im fealing kinda left out

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 30, 2002 03:52 PM            
no one can forget Goku

Cell asked me to state everytime I do admin on the bboard, I think its reasonable. I want people to feel free to ask me to move things or delete things, but of course I won't do it if it hurts anyone. Asking for a thread to be moved here or asking for a post to be deleted doesn't seem to be that big of deal to most people and its no biggie for me. I will always try to use my best judgement too.

Remember I'm on icq at least once a day so if you have to chat with me or tell me anything you can use that too.

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 04:51 PM         
ok ..... email me about it , and then i'll email you back , just don't move or delete anything until you email me , then i'll email ya back ..... if this sounds ok to you , then go ahead and email me , and i'll email ya right back . hehehhe .

------------------

IP: