|
Author Topic:   1/27/02 CTF scores
guido 1
posted January 29, 2002 06:27 PM         
just curious , any tabulations on the ctf match last sunday ????

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure ... Guido the mercy killer .

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 29, 2002 11:14 PM            
I don't think we keep score for CTF matches since its a team thing.Just for pleasure.The guy that plays the bodyguard type for the flag carrier would prob have less frags than someone defending the teams flag.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 30, 2002 12:19 AM            
I usually do but frankly, it )*$)@*$) so bad I didn't bother and didn't remember too.

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 12:30 AM         
then what's the point of playing in a ctf ??? good enough reason not to waste any effort on them for me .

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 30, 2002 04:05 AM            
Although it may seem weird to have a tournament that doesn't count for anything it makes sense from looking at it at the beginning of the DDM tournaments.

People got tired of classic DM style tournaments and they stopped occurring. I remember a DDM where there were only 5 people and I had to cancel the results of that game since there weren't enough people. I came in first twice in that tournament too.
So we introduced CTF and mods to spice things up.

Also, people didn't enjoy having every non-classic DDM tournament rated. It made it feel like they had to be there every week and that it was some sort of test of there skill if they couldn't be first in every ladder.

So the CTF and mod games lets players take a break from being serious competitors and enjoy a group of friends out to frag one another. I personally don't show up much to the CTF and modded tournaments since its not rated, this allows me to relax enjoy a Sunday afternoon and not be stressed every week.

The number 1 reason why CTF isn't counted in any ladders; is that I hardly have time to keep the DDMs updated, and its to complicated to find a fair way to attribute points to attackers and defenders. If you would like to create a system though go ahead.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 30, 2002 04:16 AM            
Its fun.Thats the only reason you need

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 09:05 AM         
so how are up to 4 teams on a standsrd ddm kept track of as opposed to 2 teams in ctf ?? i'm not interested really in the team aspect just the individual frag counts . your saying there is no way to keep track of anyones frag count by individual ? for instance lwa soandso has 15 frags and 11 deaths , your saying there isn't a way to keep a running total in ctf ??? what about a screen shot at the end of each match for say a total of 3 screen shots with hand tabulations from the screen shot results ???? i'm so cofused ..... hehe .

------------------

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 09:17 AM         
BTW i really don't need super tellin me what i need , how arrogant . you could have said it's fun and that's all SOME of us need . you may be the self designated spokesman for your clan , but you certainly don't speak for me , or many other individuals in the TM community . if your going to look down on those who don't alway's agree with your point of view , you may be one lonely clan boss .

------------------

IP:

Hammer
posted January 30, 2002 01:29 PM            
Here are the Screens from Sunday 1-27-02 I personally was having a ball playing the CTF but everyone decided to split. Oh well.

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 02:02 PM         
sorry hammer , i clicked on a thumbnail and after viewing it went for another and got a message that the site had exceeded the download limit and couldn't be viewed for an hour . ill try later . thanks .

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 30, 2002 04:06 PM            
sailor described my point better /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001338.html

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 30, 2002 04:12 PM            
= joking for future reference

Anyway...as I was saying there are more important aspects than just getting frags in CTF.Like I said...the bodygurad type might have less frags than the person who guards the team flag but that dosen't make one job more important than the other.The bodyguard may be the only reson the flag carrier was able to make a capture.Thats why I say that frag counts are irrevelant in CTF.
BTW....takes some anger managment classes

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 04:30 PM         
only if you drive , after all you've been attending longer , and know all the others in the class , i'm just too shy to attend alone , and as you go twice a week anyhoo might as well let me ride with ya . does everyone there have a super time ??????

------------------

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 04:34 PM         
anyway i already heard that the D.O.G. clan did really well so i guess it's a moot point . looks like they are improving quickly ........ WORD .

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 30, 2002 05:41 PM            
Yes....and we watch the gay comedy"Kiss me Guido" to relax and we have "fun".Smartarse

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited January 30, 2002).]

IP:

guido 1
posted January 30, 2002 06:28 PM         
you promised you wouldn't tell , you can be so cruel ..... boo hooooo .

------------------

IP: