|
Author Topic:   So Whats Next For TM?
Sage
posted January 28, 2002 07:53 PM            
New Mods, Maps, Tanks and so on. As well as, whats up with LDA.

As many of us may know, LDA is working on TreadMarks for PS2, and some of us wan't to know more about this.
Like, are you going to have commercials?
Can we help(test and try it out).

Also, for online gaming, I think we should try to make the nuke and matter bomb more SSO-like. Or at least make it so that the smoke effects don't last as long. Well thats it for now.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 28, 2002 10:33 PM            
Well i cant speak for anyone else.... but id love to have a go at the cover art.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 28, 2002 11:11 PM            
the nuke and matter bomb is as most sso as you can get, there is absolutely no ent synching; although I might have a different meaning of what sso is?

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

KONG
posted January 28, 2002 11:26 PM            
uuummm, it's a stock weapon.

------------------
"Can you dig it? I knew that you could." KongsBigA$$-Site

IP:

Vlad
posted January 29, 2002 12:06 AM            
Sage seems to be confusing SSO with "lag/framerate friendly".

A stock weapon (which the Nuke and MM both are), can't be SSO, seeing as they're not even mods.

A SSO mod is a mod comprised of entirely ENT files, so that it can be entirely conveyed to the client by the server they're joining. No extra download is needed. If a weapon requires a custom mesh/texture/sprite/sound/etc, then it's not SSO (server side only).

It seems that Sage is referring to making the weapons a little more framerate friendly, by making the cloud not last as long.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 29, 2002 04:14 AM            
I don't have a problem with the nuke cloud lasting too long.In fact I wish the nuke cloud would dish out damage.I mean it is supposed to be the shockwave from the nuke blast.In real like thats what will be killing everything.Not so much the initial blast but the shockwave made by atoms splitting and growing on a enormous scale.I don't mean kill everything in the cloud instantly.Something like Vlad's Acid Cloud or Flame Thrower where it slowly kills you unless you drive out of it.

IP:

Paranor
posted January 29, 2002 08:21 AM            
I'm with super. More push damage also.

IP:

A2597
posted January 29, 2002 09:33 AM            
lemme put it this way, in the B5 mod, the actual explosion does NO push and NO damage unless your right next to it. now the shockwave that comes from the explosion, now THAT hurts.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

MexIndian
posted January 29, 2002 03:23 PM            
I ditto w/ super. Mebbe combine the nukes w/ a less powerful Shockwave (remember that mod?) that also pushes?

------------------
Quarter-Mexican, Quarter-Indian, Quarter- fragging extravaganza,
Quarter- engineer, Quarter- aspiring artist,Quarter-s and dimes, and a quarter.... how many quarters do I have so far? Ok then, fragged and quartered!
:) <- This is a smiley.

>-TEAM MEXEEETO-<

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 30, 2002 05:26 AM            
Make the nuke more real? lol!

if u wanted you could have everything in a
10 mile radius vapourised ....well..i always thought that would be fun after all..the map is never ending

(edit) but i think the nukes fine ..if anything id say make it bigger tho

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited January 30, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 30, 2002 09:07 AM            
it needs a flash of light and to be combined with the shockwave weapon.

should this be in the mod forum LOL - sry coax just teasing lol.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 30, 2002 03:58 PM            
lol, you got me there for a sec.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 31, 2002 04:29 AM            
Yes sir...the only other weapons that exists on Earth would be the:
Cruise missle:No idea how a real CM works but I know its low altitude and homing so I guess its realistic enuf.
Machine gun:Self explanatory and realistic(except for the homing bullets )
Avenger-Yes...there is a weapon called avenger that is mounted on some surface ships.Its like a mini gun and used to destroy incoming missles.I assume that it's realistic enuf in the game but it might be better mounted on the turrent?Eh..on second thought that might be too powerfull
Nuke-Stated above
The rest are fanasty weapons and LDA could do whatever they want to.

What is the point of this post.I don't know It's 3 am and I can't sleep

IP: