This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   TM for PS2
Sailor
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 12:58 AM            
Jim told me where an MPEG of TM for the PS2 was at so I downloaded it and took a look at what they have been working on. If you are interested you can find it at the following location: http://www.gaminggroove.com/
Look at the right of the page near the top you will see a TreadMarks logo. It is a 139 MB file in MPEG format, but worth a look if you have the time.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited January 26, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 26, 2002 01:22 AM            
already got it up on dmf - looking for some1 to do a review of the 4 minute film for dmf site.

any budding writers out there ?

IP:

The Challenge Maker
posted January 26, 2002 01:37 AM         
umm, can see it on my site as well

------------------

IP:

The Challenge Maker
posted January 26, 2002 01:38 AM         
ummm http://kong.kicks-ass.org

be patient, it takes a while.(big file) even with broadband

------------------

[This message has been edited by The Challenge Maker (edited January 26, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by The Challenge Maker (edited January 26, 2002).]

IP:

KONG
posted January 26, 2002 01:48 AM            
doh

------------------
"Can you dig it? I knew that you could." KongsBigA$$-Site

IP:

KONG
posted January 26, 2002 02:42 AM            
k, got the stream going on my site. the best i can do for dialup pplz. click on the tm2 link
http://kong.kicks-ass.org

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited January 26, 2002).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 02:50 AM            
sorry about the cookies kong

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

KONG
posted January 26, 2002 02:56 AM            
np

------------------
"Can you dig it? I knew that you could." KongsBigA$$-Site

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 03:54 AM            
For those of you with dialup..let me describe what I saw.It looked like a normal game of TM on the Scarab(I think) map.The only diffrences that I noticed was moving treads underneath the tank and 3D trees which looked pretty sweet.The page where I downloaded it from said that it was a demo of work in progess and its just showing the direction LDA is heading.I can't wait to see what else is in store.Keep up the good work LDA!

IP:

Rex R
posted January 26, 2002 04:39 AM            
could some one post one or more frames of this please(trees would be nice)(provided LDA has no objections)

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 05:27 AM            
No objections...

Jim

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 26, 2002 07:41 AM            
q: as you know ps2 can take broadband as well as narrowband modems since there's not usually one built in depending where you live of course. Would dial-up folks with ps2 be ok transmitting all this new info....

Also are there plans for an X-=Box porting.. and if so... with (then) ps2, pc and xbox folks all looking at the main server, will we be able to play them ? ie- xbox player playing a pc or ps2 player ?

This brings the typing into account... the chatroom in 1.6.1 (hows that coming ?) would be a central focus for all players logging in from around the world - should they have an indicator next to their name that states what system they are using ?

I know keyboards are coming out for almost anything these days and i see the player explosion starting to take effect, especially in chat so the question is really about interaction in chat mode and game mode i guess.....

IP:

kv
posted January 26, 2002 09:04 AM            
Not sure if anyone else caught this.

In the scenes with the race, whoever is playing has the ability to fire the pickup weapon AND the main gun. Watch while the dirtball is being used. It is clearly still attached while the main gun is being fired.

(tried getting a screenshot, wouldn't work)

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 10:45 AM            
Very true KV. Jim told me that you have the ability to shoot the main turret gun while a bolton is attached. Nice inovation. Keep them coming LDA. Good job.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 26, 2002 11:33 AM            
i think its gona ruffen up the game a bit...make oit a biot more like halflife
in that it will bring lots of ass holes in..all those punks with ps2s ...i duno..can
u dig what im tryin to say..i think its gona make it so big where it cant be a nice ganme anymore...itll just be like half life

full of punks but us nice chaps

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

Vlad
posted January 26, 2002 02:30 PM            
The only thing I noticed that's sorta bugging me is that the physics appear to have been vastly changed. The tanks don't appear to slide as much as they do in the PC version, and the tanks also seem to be unable to flip. I noticed that one time, one was hit with a dirtball, and it always seemed to land on its treads.

As long as us PC people get to keep our physics, I won't complain, though

IP:

Rex R
posted January 26, 2002 02:34 PM            
LDA has said that they were changing the friction and adding accel with an anti flip to the tanks. guess some folks don't care for rally style tank racing

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 03:32 PM            
I wouldn't worry about punks too much. We've already seen our share, and when push comes to shove Super and I have always been able to beat them consecutively. Plus with our friendly server ops their ips can be banned from the classic server. I would also suggest the police tank but I'll keep that one to myself for now since there is no need for it.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 04:44 PM            
I think I also saw a new powerup for a split second.It looked like a clear box?Maybe I was just seeing things.I only watched the video once last night but I'll watch it in slow mo tonight to make sure I didn't miss anything.Whoever was driving the tank was tearing some bots up
I suppose with the PS2 controller you could always fire the 120 with one button and all other weapons with another button.
I don't think there is a way to chat with the PS2 so even if they are aholes they will be unheard aholes At least they will be human tanks and not bots.

Rex...I'll try to make some stills from the video when I get off work tonight.

IP:

A2597
posted January 26, 2002 10:07 PM            
LDA...ever hear of DivX?
It would cut that four minutes into something more like 40 megs....

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Rex R
posted January 27, 2002 01:23 AM            
sounds good. I saw the file size and thought; well maybe if it were on a cd...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 27, 2002 05:07 AM            
Did one better.I converted the 140 meg MPRG to a 13 meg Realmedia format with RealProducer Pro.you 56Kers should be able to download that in 20 minutes or so.The image quality is still good(almost as good as the 140m file) and all the audio is included.Now then....who can host the file?My Yahoo club has a 5 meg limit for uploaded files.I could split it up with Mastersplitter but then Yahoo also has a limit to hoq much can be downloaded per hour which ain't much Email me at david23@apex.net
and I'll send the video back in the reply

IP:

Paranor
posted January 27, 2002 09:22 AM            
I can host it - I'll toss you an e-mail.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 27, 2002 09:32 AM            
YAY a 56k version nice work Superman

IP:

Paranor
posted January 27, 2002 12:40 PM            
Notice how super now says "you 56kers"?

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2