|
Author Topic:   leaving...agen! =(
Grind_and_Click
posted January 25, 2002 03:19 PM            
yo guys

due to my isp (i think?) i cant play TM till i get it fixed , cos of bogus lag and mucho freezing, the dude from AOL (yes...AOL :S) sed that cos i have used my modem through a long long line from the phone soket to the P.C that it has damaged my modem................everyones fault but them it would basicaly!!!!! > grrness

ill get it fixed asap

try not to cry now guys i shall return

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

Vlad
posted January 25, 2002 03:27 PM            
Uhhhh... while I haven't kept up on modem technology for the past year or so, I'm pretty sure that running a long phone line from your modem to your phone jack won't damage your modem.

However, I remember what it was like to be on AOL, and the simple fact that you're with them is probably causing your lag. Unless they've made a huge change in the last 3 years, AOL is probably one of the worst ISPs for gaming. If possible, I recommend either a nice local ISP, or Earthlink. You don't get the fancy software, but you'll have a MUCH better connection.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 25, 2002 03:29 PM            
Hey dude,

I think they're yankin yer crank cos mine's 9 and I seem to be ok!!

But nevertheless we look forward to ya coming back!! You could stay as a beta tester for mods could you not an keep posting?? Maybe some modders could send you things, you test them and give them feedback cos at least it'll keep you in the game til you get cable!!!

Look forwar to ya coming back and stay on MSN chief!!

Ni out and remember, if it all goes awry... FI..LS!!!

------------------
Feck it... Light Speed!!!!

IP:

Kevlar
posted January 25, 2002 03:33 PM            
I have had one of mine on a long line for about three years now, a 25 footer that goes over the doorway. Sounds like a load of bunk to me. I have my newer one on a regular line though, dsl.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

Karldar
posted January 25, 2002 04:24 PM            
That sounds just like some BS AOL cust svc/tech support would spout. I tried it back in the day and was very unimpressed-with the whole package. I understand it's gotten better, but doesn't sound like it's by much....

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

KONG
posted January 25, 2002 08:48 PM            
many moons ago, I too had aol. one suggestion: get a new isp quick. they send so many updates and have so much crap running in the background, it's no wonder you have massive lag. especially on dialup. Try to get an isp that doesn't require you to install any of there software. ask them for the dns numbers and set up the connection yourself

------------------
"Can you dig it? I knew that you could." KongsBigA$$-Site

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 25, 2002 11:03 PM            
I ran 70 feet of cable from my modem to the jack and didn't have any problems.
If you are going to give up trying to fix it I would suggest the mother of all fixes..reinstall Windoze.

IP:

Rex R
posted January 26, 2002 01:56 AM            
AoL doesn't that stand for; Almost on Line

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 02:27 AM            
BEFORE YOU GO!!!!!

DUDE, ITS NOT YOUR CABLE LENGTH ITS AOL. DOWNLOAD NETZERO AND SEE IF IT GIVES YOU THE SAME TROUBLE, THEN YOU'LL KNOW FOR SURE. AND PLUS NETZERO IS FREE.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 26, 2002 11:22 AM            
aww man you guys rok...just shows how tightly knit this community reely is
*sob* i love you guys!! *crying*
ehhehahahehaheheaha
ahem , well aol was fine with me iot could handle this bigest of ddms and still get a 300 ping its only since i came bak to my computer after being away that all this lag happened...my modem seemed to make AOL good if it liked it or not (supra express 56e PRO) its such a BEAST! any way ..ill try this net..thingy u sed coax ..where would i get it?

thanx hella lot u guys!

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 03:36 PM            
http://www.netzero.com/

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted January 26, 2002 07:02 PM            
No other ISP's in your area? AT&T Worldnet is world-wide.

IP:

Rex R
posted January 27, 2002 01:27 AM            
egad yes, can I send your name and addy to ATT(the $20 off my bill has nothing to do with...ya right, well I could hope)

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 27, 2002 03:23 PM            
ill chek that out when im on my pooter agen coax thanx...sorry for beiing dum and not guessing thats where it get it :P
and i hav no clue what isps i hav in my area, ill chek this net thing first tho

thanx agen punks

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 27, 2002 04:33 PM            
You live in Glascow?Thats a big city.You should be able to find a non-AOL replacment with no problems.

IP: