This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   LDA Dedicated Server
LDA
Administrator
posted January 24, 2002 08:42 PM            
I've set up an LDA Dedicated server which for the moment will be unmodded 1.6 server.

That said, I've gone ahead and added the American flag files...............

I prefer to keep it relatively "pure" to give newcomers a place to get settled in....Of course, this policy is subject to change....

Jim

IP:

King John 1st
posted January 24, 2002 09:11 PM            
From what I've played tonight, this is going to be a great server! THX

IP:

Hammer
posted January 24, 2002 10:20 PM            
Just got done playing on the LDA server and had a ball. Thanks! It's good to have the company running a game server along with the Master server. Now if I could only become a better player I'd be all set.
Well back to the LDA server to Hammer or get Hammered? Ahh! That is the question.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 24, 2002 10:35 PM            
Good to hear.

IP:

Karldar
posted January 24, 2002 10:44 PM            
Hallelujah...and word and stuff!

Played on the new server a bit earlier. I think there were a dozen or so on and I had little to no lag aside from intermittent connection lag.

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 24, 2002 11:47 PM            
Played some on the new server this evening myself and it was great. LDATOM was on along with Tiggs, Hammer, Irasible and some others... It was good play and smooth. Thanks LDA and thanks TOM for some good game play from the LDA front. Truly enjoyed.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Irascible
posted January 25, 2002 01:25 AM            
I didn't realize it was a company server and with all those player I just KNEW something was missing... the lag!

Tom... you need more practice...

IP:

Rex R
posted January 25, 2002 03:29 AM            
ooo dats nice! the AI's seemed a tad wimpy (60%?), and you may want to consider lowering the ammo count on the shadow.

IP:

synack
posted January 25, 2002 07:26 AM         
I hadn't heard about the LDA server, and just saw it listed when I 'refreshed Internet.' What a wonderful surprise!!

I just missed LDA Tom as I connected yesterday. Had a great time, and look forward to more fun in the future.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted January 25, 2002 08:32 AM            
I was there as well playing my usual roll as cannon fodder.
My pings were between 200 - 400, but I think that down to
My connection the router was getting very confused lights
Winking on and off like a hyper active Christmas tree.
Tank had a mind of it own and would zoom off or spin
On the spot (I had no control must have been the gremlins)

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited January 25, 2002).]

IP:

A2597
posted January 25, 2002 09:59 AM            
I noticed most of the fraggs on Tom were kinda as follows:

He comes at me with a machine gun, I blast him with an air stike

He comes at someone with some weapon, they frag him with a cruise missile...

I think Tom needs to choose better targets.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Paranor
posted January 25, 2002 10:58 AM            
*cough* demo server *cough* a pentium 4 can run 5 servers *cough*

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 25, 2002 01:12 PM            
don't want to rain on the LDA server. But, for my dial-up connection the server gets really laggy. I thought it was because there were 6-8 other players on it, but I went there last night and it was just me and "mighty one" and there was bad lag for both of us. Had to jusm to an other server because it became un-playable.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 25, 2002 03:32 PM            
had a bash on it last nite, but will keep coming back for more!! SEems really stable!!

Cheers LDA, big time!!

------------------
Feck it... Light Speed!!!!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 25, 2002 06:24 PM         
They may have their FPS or SErver rate too high. Jim, what do you have it set at?

BTW, HOOT!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 25, 2002 08:03 PM            
At the moment it's set at 15fps, but I can drop it back to 10 tomorrow to compare...

Jim

IP:

synack
posted January 25, 2002 08:46 PM         
tweek Tweek TWEEK!!!

Jim! It needs to be all good for the Birthday Bash!

40 players. no lag. all goodness.

I also believe in Santa Claus!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 25, 2002 09:53 PM            
Yo jimmers, that link on treadmarks.com for the dmf, ill have a new logo soon, a more stylish less garish one, and the link is now www.dmf.filetap.com

nice serverduder - ps the demo of the bz mod is out there, its onlt 5 megs, would appreciate some feedback from the masters at play

IP:

Irascible
posted January 26, 2002 12:21 AM            
"Yo jimmers"

Well, since I don't know him I'd better be more formal:

Mr. Jim,

This is only my opinion, but PLEASE make your server either more than two teams or no teams. Having 3 or 4 people going after one enemy tank gets irritating when you've softened the enemy up only to have someone else finish him off...
wait... that's what I was doing...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 02:23 AM            
FPS of 10-12 seem to work best for my slow dial-up.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

synack
posted January 26, 2002 07:46 AM         
Jim,

I'm guessing that most people would agree, but please turn on team damage. Not very reasonable to fire at a pack of tanks, and only hurt the bad guys. (I also like to frag my AI teammates when they annoy me

my $.02

IP:

Hammer
posted January 26, 2002 07:56 AM            
Most all my server rates are set at 4000 with a dedicated FPS at 12.
Also I would suggest setting one as a free for all Death Match and a separate one for CTF's. I am usaully in the mood for one or the other but not both. If I'm in DM mode and the next map is a CTF I'm out of there and visa versa.
A LDA Demo server would be nice also. Just some thoughts. I know Paranor has suggested this before and I agree it's a good idea.

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited January 26, 2002).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 11:36 AM            
I'll head over to the office later today and make some of the suggested changes.

I can try adding a demo server but don't want to bog down the DSL which could leave both laggy.

Jim

IP:

KONG
posted January 26, 2002 11:43 AM            
quite true.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 26, 2002 04:48 PM            
It was quite laggy last night with about 10 on the server.It won't be able to be a super server by no means.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2