|
Author Topic:   2vs2 Tournament!!!!
Sage
posted January 22, 2002 09:21 PM            
Ok this isn't really a Tournameant but it sounds cool. Anyway, here's how it works:

1st:You pick a partner that you would like to play 2vs2 with.
2nd:Then you-of course find two people to play with.
(Now here's where it gets interesting)
3rd:For the next month, you play with that partner you chose in the begining for all the matches. Now if you your team losses, you have a chose of selecting a new partner or staying with the one you have. If you stay with your original partner, you get to keep all your winnings, if you switch partners, then you lose two wins.

The team with the most wins(original or not) will be the Winners of The Month(WTM) as well as have the win being posted on a special webpage. And maybe some other stuff.

NOW, if there's a tie between two-three or more teams, thats when SDMR(Sudden-Death-Match-Round) comes into play.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited January 22, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted January 22, 2002 09:27 PM            
Also, for those who don't know what SDMR is:
SDMR is when both or all the teams go at it.
the battle ends after 3-10 battles

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.:)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 22, 2002 10:17 PM            
3-10 battles isn't really "sudden" then

as anything else in this community it comes down to someone organizing the event. Good luck.

I'll pick Super as my partner because he's so good i can just kick back and watch him in action Although, there should probally be a rule that people in the top7 DDM ranking shouldn't be allowed to pair up oh-well

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 22, 2002 11:11 PM            
LOL...yeah coax....looks like we'll still be together at the end of the month I don't think we've been beaten in a 2v2 matchup.I might be wrong though.
Bring on the victims!!!

IP:

Sage
posted January 23, 2002 10:16 AM            
Funny, you don't seem so tuff when I play you Anyway, I choose Kong. He's pretty good, he has a sense of teamwork yet he keeps his distance OH, and don't mind organizing this, I just need some help with the site.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 23, 2002 04:06 PM            
Keep in mind that 2v2 is NOT a DM style game.You have to depend on your partner and help him out when needed.Thats why I like 2v2 so much.It also helps to actually practice togther before you play a offical match so you can get to learn each others moves and try to coordinate attack plans.And communication is the big key.A team that dosen't talk will more than likley lose.Just a little 2v2 101.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited January 23, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted January 23, 2002 04:23 PM            
Thx SU, you know, Thats what I wan't my clan to be like. One big happy-fragg'n team, helping out each other and Fragg'n the heck out of them when there on opposite sides.

------------------

IP:

Sage
posted January 24, 2002 11:08 AM            
Now come on people, it's getting close to the end of this month and haven't really seen anybody sign up yet.>

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 24, 2002 02:47 PM            
sign up where? sign up for when? What? Who? Needs to be organized Sage, if its not nothing will happen.

------------------
Tread Marks' Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 24, 2002 04:09 PM            
Its a good idea.Sage...I think you should put down the first matchup as Supercoax vs PeeMexican.We kinda kept a tournement results in our head when coax and I were playing a 2v2 match every week or so.We were undefeated and people that we were playing were trying to beat us and end our winning streak.It eventually got hard to find 2 people to play against so thats why we gave it up.I think you're seeing some of that trouble now.I think Robu and Neo were excited about getting a seperate 2v2 thing going on besides the ones with just me and coax.But I haven't seen either in a while.If anybdy can get a hold of them?

IP:

Sage
posted January 24, 2002 04:27 PM            
Ok i'm almost done with the site and will post it here in a sec.

------------------

IP:

Sage
posted January 24, 2002 04:55 PM            
Ok here it is: http://sagetm.tripod.com/zyonenterprisesandassociations/
Tell me what ya think. also, there's a signUp page and some other stuff.

------------------

IP:

Sage
posted January 24, 2002 09:10 PM            
Now come people, all you have to do is email me who your partner is and thats it.
sanddan@mediaone.net

------------------

IP: