|
Author Topic:   Directx 8.1
Paranor
posted January 17, 2002 09:55 AM            
I thought I read someone here was having problems with it. Anyone have any experiences?

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 17, 2002 10:26 AM            
Use 8.1a. I installed it on my Win 98 machine before I replaced it and did not have any significant problems. I would take a backup if you can before installing though so you could recover if necessary for any reason.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 17, 2002 01:58 PM            
I had it (DX8.1) install without wanting it as part of another application. Never tried it in TM though...before I uninstalled it becuase of problems in another game from it!

If you need the DirectX8 uninstaller and DirectX7 to install, just give me an e-mail. The uninstaller is 3rd party (since MS refuses to admit there would ever be a reason to uninstall DX8) amd DX7 is nearly impossible to find installers for now days that DX8 is out...unless you have it on a game CD.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 17, 2002 03:51 PM            
I've had it since it was released and in beta form before it was completed.No problems at all.Increased my FPS a little too.I'd recommend clicking on your start button then click on Windoze update and get all the updates for your computer before installing.I have heard or people having problems.Then you just use DX uninstaller(try to find a good 1) and install a previous version...not that hard.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 17, 2002 04:03 PM            
On a side note...I might be able to share a little something with the community Heres a email I recieved Tuesday:

Dear DirectX Beta Tester,

We appreciate your interest in testing DirectX 9.0 and look forward to working with you in the near future. The DirectX 9.0 beta releases will be available via download on Microsoft’s BetaPlace web site when the beta program begins.

For those of you new to testing DirectX, the BetaPlace web site will provide you with all of the necessary information to beta test DirectX. It will include beta downloads, a bug reporting form, testing guidelines and general beta information from the DirectX team.

We know everyone is excited about getting started and we appreciate your patience. We will send email to you at the time of our first release with instructions on how to download the beta and access the newsgroup. We look forward to working with you soon.

Muhahahhahahhahahahhhahahahahahahahhaha....I'm the type of guy that leaks it to the public

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted January 17, 2002 06:25 PM            
I run 8.1. I need it for my video card driver. Have not had any problems.....yet.

------------------
click...click...BOOM!!
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 18, 2002 12:24 AM         
Supe, you really shouldn't take leaks on the public - or in public.... What was the question?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 18, 2002 04:26 AM            
Ahhh......I love testing BETA, buggy M$ crap!Knowing M$ it will only make things worse It is the first DX release in quite a while(8.1 is just a patch for 8) so I'm anxious to see what it can do though.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 18, 2002 06:28 AM            
guinnea pig for an Ms product - MUhahahahahahahahaha ! not on ya life - keep that shezmelk away from my sys till its 100% lol

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 18, 2002 03:08 PM            
Been spending the last few days backing up my HD and registry.I think I'm ready now

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted January 18, 2002 05:25 PM            
Matrix....you will be waiting forever.

------------------
click...click...BOOM!!
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP: