|
Author Topic:   HEY LDA - Demo Server Question
Paranor
posted January 16, 2002 01:06 AM            
I'm currently running the demo server and I'm wondering what weapons can be on it. Right now it's limited to the Ramp for the map and only 2 tanks.

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 16, 2002 04:16 AM            
I'm responsible for this I remember it being posted that demo players could play on a full server as long as the map was The Ramp.They would still have to use the demo tanks only but all of the weapons could be used.Correct me if I'm wrong.

IP:

Vlad
posted January 16, 2002 07:34 AM            
Ahhh, so THAT'S what you guys were talking about. I could be wrong, but wasn't Weatherman's demo server a full-version one that just had stuff like the nuke disabled by default? I think all the weapon meshes are included with the demo, due to the modded demo servers that have popped up as a teaser a few times.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 16, 2002 08:10 AM         
everything for the weapons is included in the demo except some of the entities/weapons/.ents . It is also missing meshes and art for most tanks and flag. I believe that there is a check in the demo.exe to prevent anything but the ramp from playing. New tanks, flags, weapons would prolly work, tho. I am not sure what the line is, but Jim was cool with me having limited time SSO demo servers. Kinda neat to have the multiplayer have more features than the single - good for promotion, traffic, and full(y addicted) players .

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 16, 2002 12:36 PM         
Hey Par,
I just put up the Classic 1.0.1 Demo while your servers were out. This was inspired by your question, of course. If you want to run a classic anything, I can send you the ents. I am actually going to be down for a while doing some network config. Ta!

IP:

Paranor
posted January 16, 2002 11:48 PM            
Geez, are you like big brother or something? All I did was reboot!

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 17, 2002 12:58 AM         
LOL, no - your big brother is Tiggs
I just checked the servers and saw that my 2 were the only ones up. So I just changed my Tango to a Demo Server. For all I knew you were lost some where in a blizzard and the demo would be down for weeks. BTW, the 2v2 and the 1v1 are a bit redundant. could you set your 2v2 to have 2 bots, replacement, and 4 bodies max? That would cover the bases for ppl looking for 1v1 or 2v2 (provided they got the humans).

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 17, 2002 06:43 AM            
BIG.

didnt i see you lot in the WWF one night ???

hehe.

IP: