|
Author Topic:   I think I have a problem!
-DNX-Ni
posted January 15, 2002 11:53 PM            
Anytime I log into a server now, it seems ultra laggy!! I've done the usual defragment and clearing of my system but can't put a finger on why it's like this! before it was running smoothly up until about a few days ago! Seems to be about the time I downloaded the mini tanks file.

Whatever it is, maybe someone could help me out, please?

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Hammer
posted January 16, 2002 12:17 AM            
Ni
since I don't know how you've set up your game. I suggest the following if you have enough hard drive space install another version of Treads. When it tells you it will be set up in"C://Program Files/Treadmarks 1.5" just call it something different, add an "a" like "Treadmarks 1.5a". Once installed download the patch to the 1.6 version. Just make sure you apply it to the 1.5a version. If the new copy called 1.5a works then it might have something to do with the mini tank files.
If you don't have enough space to try this then just remove your current version and reinstall. It will be a pain but it might get you back to the way you were. Because you will have to reapply any mods you might have had. Just don't put the mini tanks back until your sure of what happened.
Sorry it is the best I can tell you.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 16, 2002 12:32 AM            
Thanks man!! But you know, I've just started reinstallin everything!! taken everything to do with TM out of my puter and zipped the add on folder. To b honest, a lot of the stuff I saw when I played the single one player game, I never saw on a server, so maybe it's for the best and use the server side mods.

A lot of stuf being taken up and maybe it's something Modders should prioritise, is relevent mods to be installed in zip packs!

No offense to the modders, and there are some fantastic mods, but some are just there to be there, I feel and I know a lot of work's gone into them, but I'm kinda annoyed at how much was on my hard drive when I actually took it apart!

So am gonna reinstall the game and keep the patch safe somewhere in my general downloads.

Then maybe someone could recommend me good patches to re-download. Or I'll just dl the packs used fo the current servers again, as I'd rather keep things more organised and kept to a minimum!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

KONG
posted January 16, 2002 12:40 AM            
that's why Par and wm tell ppl where to dload the server pack when they start a new server. If u gonna test new mods, delete that addons when you're finished or just rename it. I dont think I have had any probs with keeping all the mod maps in my addons folder. and I keep them all in there and then some. about 30 mb. anyone else had probs with too many maps in the addons folder?

------------------
"Can you dig it? I knew that you could." KongsBigA$$-Site

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 16, 2002 12:41 AM            
ok, so now the 1.55 is reinstalled then the 1.6 has been installed after footering about witht he tm.exe and the voodoo.exe cos it didn't recognise them and replacing the config file... it says everything's updated, yet it's still showing the 1.55 full on the menu... what's going on?!?!!

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited January 16, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted January 16, 2002 01:00 AM            
if you want to confirm what is the lag point do this at a command prompt:

tracert ip_addr_of_game_server

for example:

tracert 146.6.118.204

that will show you all the routes your packet takes to get to the destination.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 16, 2002 12:46 PM            
has anyone got the 1.55 to 1.59 patch?!?!?!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Kevlar
posted January 16, 2002 01:23 PM            
Go to Kong's new site in the link above.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 16, 2002 06:35 PM            
Hail to King KONG.. .and an thanx Kev for pointing that.. it's sorted!! So the 1.55 to 1.6 patch doesn't work after all!

and thanx to Jim too!
------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited January 16, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 17, 2002 06:55 AM            
all my installs are 159 as if i try 1.6 it screws the lot up.

thank the lord for compatibility.

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted January 17, 2002 03:26 PM            
you always have problems and 99 % of the time there not TM

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 17, 2002 08:35 PM            
good call Goku, and 98% of the time it's you... but easily waived however on the field!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted January 17, 2002 09:38 PM            
nah goku your the one with probs :P hehe

hows your fetish with your grans clothes coming on ?
and like i sed its when your touch dogs there is why they bite you

hehehahahaha jk

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted January 17, 2002 09:40 PM            
you better be dont want to have to kick your ***

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP: