|
Author Topic:   The amazing things these cars do now adays.
=DNX= Dalmatian
posted January 14, 2002 09:56 AM            
Wow... I never seen a dodge viper do a 360 digree turn like that before. =P I havn't seen any car do that before except for the bat mobile. I was curious about the way tank and car models are made on the Tread Mark's game engine. Could 3D car models similar to Gran Turismo's be created on the Tread Marks game engine? Could they be programmed to turn the way a real car does?

------------------
Bow wow >=P

IP:

Vlad
posted January 14, 2002 10:48 AM            
While my experience with Gran Turismo is quite limited, are you referring to the geometric complexity of the car models in GT? I'm sure they could be used in TM, but it would probably slow things down unless the person had a super-computer.

As far as programming them to turn like a real car, that's a definite no. All we can do is put in values like friction, turning speed, gravity, etc. We can't change the way the vehicles handle.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 14, 2002 10:39 PM            
thats right theres left track/right track and a car has front and back Wheels = 4 points to setup - and polys in gt are far higher than tm's 800 (ish) max

IP:

JVortex
posted January 15, 2002 03:10 AM            
heh, gotta love that maneuverability.

actually it was posted somewhere long ago something about the TM physics being strange and someone from LDA replied that its more of an arcade based physics system and not a simulator in any sense of the word.

but depending on what is possible in TM 2 ya never know how i may redesign these cars

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP: