|
Author Topic:   4 team CTF maps wanted
Paranor
posted January 11, 2002 03:38 PM            
I don't know how to tell and really don't want to download and manually check so I'll ask the map making experts - do we have any 4 team CTF maps?

I was thinking 4 team DDM CTF for this coming sunday. We have a 16 person max for the DDM server so it would be 4 people on each team.

Do we have any?

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

Vlad
posted January 11, 2002 03:53 PM            
Only one that pops to mind is CTF Pyramid. That's probably my favorite CTF map (would love to see a 2-team version of it, though). I think CTF Spirals is 4 teams as well.

IP:

NeoKi
posted January 11, 2002 03:58 PM            
yes, there is CTF Crossover, Ring, Spiral, and believe Wagonwheel is for four teams as well. One other thing, if we play with the ring, could some body change the skybox, it's almost to dark to see any of the flags.
Also, we maps makers could easily create a few for sunday.(For all you maps maker out there think of this as a challeng) also don't forget that if you need help i'm sure somebody wouldn't be glad to help you, I know I would.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 11, 2002 08:15 PM            
Neoki/Sage is correct. If you wish to determine what number of teams a CTF map has the ability to handle just look on http://tmmaps.tripod.com/tmmaps and put your mouse over the thumbnail of any CTF map and read the description. It includes the number of teams that the map supports. Hope that helps.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 11, 2002 08:39 PM            
im happy to make designs for 4 team ctf maps, but ive never made one so i really wouldnt know where to begin - help on this one guys ? - im only good with race and dm so far.....

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 11, 2002 11:09 PM            
I'm going to spend the weekend with friends(school starts Monday....Blah!)4- way CTF sounds fun.Wish I could participate.Maybe one day I'll be rich enough to afford a laptop and a desktop

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 12, 2002 01:22 AM            
I know RC has experience with 4-way ctf maps. Have fun Super go raise some hell before you become the arrester of hell raisers.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 12, 2002 01:54 AM            
Just a short tutorial. Four-way CTF maps are basically just DM maps of type 1 with the entities set up for team0-4 checkpoints and 1 flagpoint each for team1-4. The team0 is set up for anyone coming in that is not assigned to a team. I usually spread these points all around the map. Each team checkpoint other than 0 I will place close around their flag location so they respawn near their flag and normally I assign about four of these checkpoints per team. Hope that helps.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Sage
posted January 12, 2002 12:35 PM            
Ok, here's the thing, I'm going to edit a map that Sailor helped me work on and use:
Flags Green, Black, Red and White. I just thought I'd let people know, also, we never really use the White, Green and Red Flags.

------------------
Fragging is only wrong if you don't mean to do it.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited January 12, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted January 12, 2002 12:42 PM            
PROBLEM: Extended project porblem at work this weekend. Can't play nor host a DDM. We'll do the 4 flag next weekend or this weekend but I want to do it next weekend since it sounds fun!

Also, I can't host a server this week, again due to "fun" project at work.

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 13, 2002 10:33 AM         
I should be able to get a server up by tonight. Basically the Classic DM. Sokay?

IP: