|
Author Topic:   Attack Of the Mini Tanks:)
NeoKi
posted January 07, 2002 10:36 AM            
What about our DDM or perhaps new server, we play with smaller tanks. A little while after Sundays DDM, I decided to see what Dustmite=(Tank7) would look like if I made it's Scale smaller, first I put it at .75 and it was so cool, it really looked liked it's name. Then I did .1 and I could barely
see it, then I did ten and it was was so big it practiclly took up the whole screen. Anyway, I was thinking we should have a server like the with all tanks at .75 but everything else is the same.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

peeeto
posted January 07, 2002 01:01 PM         
that sounds interesting... it would take a bit of work for someone to prepare all of the server files (the ENTs on the server would have to be edited to scale all the models you want down).

given all the work it takes to prepare servers, i suggest that if you really want a particular type, you go ahead & prepare all the files required. then i'm sure that someone would be more than happy to host it for you

IP:

NeoKi
posted January 07, 2002 01:56 PM            
Already done, who wants them

------------------
Sushi

IP:

wolfman
posted January 07, 2002 05:50 PM            
Hey - willing to host the mighty mite server lol Send me the files at shadowwolf69@hotmail.com and I will put it up asap. Either way let me know - thanks.
jt

------------------
Anarchists of the world unite and organize ;) And you too can be a militant pacifist!

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted January 07, 2002 09:48 PM            
Like playing with micro-machines. hehe

------------------
click...click...BOOM!!
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Rex R
posted January 08, 2002 04:12 AM            
small quibbles. tried out a minitank server had every body on one team, then when I went over to another server (mod demo) my tank was still 'mini'

IP:

Vlad
posted January 08, 2002 09:05 AM            
That has to do with using the "Scale" parameter, which is (in most cases) just a bad idea.

When you use the Scale parameter on a certain mesh, it affect all instances of the mesh, and even if you switch games. In most cases, you could get around that by using ScaleMatrix (much less picky, and only affects the ent you use it in), but ScaleMatrix doesn't work on the Racetank class.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 08, 2002 12:03 PM            
For some reason, when, prtty much for the first tiem, I logged onto that server for mini-tanks, my tank was the same size and the most jerky movements ever!!! Weird!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Hammer
posted January 08, 2002 02:13 PM            
Hi,
The server is a little jittery if you use the standard size tank. But if you use the small size it runs good. I have been trying different setting to get the Ai's on one team vs humans.
Also if you find that after visiting the server your tanks have all changed to the small size that could be a problem. You will have to download both Little Tanks and Standard Tanks
Save these in a download folder. Open the folder you need, either the little tanks or standard tanks, depending on what size you want then Select All and copy. Then open TM files usually found in the program files folder. Go into the entities folder down to the race tanks folder. Open and paste, it will ask you if you want to replace files and click "yes to all". Hope I have done this right I am sure there are better ways but this works for me.
I will have to look into how to make them so they do not affect your set-ups. I experienced the same thing on the Storm server. It is upseting if your not aware of it. "Doh!"

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited January 08, 2002).]

IP: