|
Author Topic:   Calling the Coders.....
=DNX= Matrix
posted January 04, 2002 12:04 PM            
With the advent of 1 on1 games, team vs team etc - would it be possible or plausable to have a list of "dedicated server" settings that can be chosen from a list when you launch tm ?

in otherwords save you having to change names of the txt files before launch, just select and go ! this would make custom games far easier to setup beacuse everythings setup and just one click away.

perhaps its something blandy or mysty can have a crack at - what ya think ?

IP:

Mysterial
posted January 04, 2002 06:15 PM            
You mean like something that shows a list of dedicated server config files and then renames the one you choose into the one that TM uses?

I probably could do something like that, except that my free time is pretty much used up between the Mod Picker and the various other stuff I do. But if I get some unexpected extra time I'll look into it, if someone else doesn't do it first.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 04, 2002 07:56 PM            
well its just a thought.... make life easier, perhaps a feild to allow the game/server name to be entered dynamically - maybe even an interface - ill design one see what u think.... interface that is - i cant code for my life !

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 05, 2002 07:22 AM         
Hmmm... has anyone compiled a list of dedicated server settings yet?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 05, 2002 10:12 AM            
not to my knowing, but standard stock and mod setups would be sweet, if it could be incorporated to work with the mod picker as to what is and isnt available it would make life so easy for future players....

IP:

Paranor
posted January 05, 2002 03:34 PM            
Weatherman, Hammer and myself can sure come up with some server settings. I think we've learned a few tweaks along the way.

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, Movies and Server Packs here

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 05, 2002 09:03 PM         
Good idea guys. Servers, please send me your current or favorite dedicated.cfg files along with a brief description, and your dload/upload rate from the DSL Reports speed test and I will post them on my website. Could be a good way to corellate some of the server settings with server properties. I'll post them as .cfg s for download, and also as a table with name, net rate, FPS, max players, etc. I can also post your server addresses with most recent name as well (won't promise to keep those updated, tho )

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 06, 2002 12:24 AM            
could be a good idea to make them standard for like the kersplatt pack and make them downloadable too - that way whover makes the server program can get right at them without worrying about it later.

I love to inspire ppl got plenty more where that came from too

IP: