|
Author Topic:   STORM PACK and 56KB download
Paranor
posted January 03, 2002 10:26 AM            
Who of you on dialup has been able to download the storm pack?

IP:

synack
posted January 03, 2002 10:49 AM         
It is precisely because I'm 56k dialup that you won't be seeing me on the Storm servers. My ISP drops my connection everytime I blink too hard, not to mention the fact that at 56k, the HUGE storm pack would take about a week and a half to dl.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 03, 2002 10:57 AM            
I tried but download path was 'invalid'! Trying again soon!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Paranor
posted January 03, 2002 05:05 PM            
Would it help if it is broken up into pieces?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 03, 2002 05:35 PM            
for some reason the 'run me' isn't running ironically! I think I've downloaded the full pack but could anyone send me the installation procedure as to not wipe any stock files, pleeeeeeease!!!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 03, 2002 05:44 PM         
Maybe someone in the states has access to a CD recorder and can spread copies that way... e.g. Paypal could be used for covering shipping/material cost.
Another way wold be to create exactly one copy on CD and share that copy via mail as needed. How about it? We are few so this might be feasible.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted January 03, 2002 06:58 PM            
I'm on dial-up and i still won't download it even if it was broken up its just way to much.

But, since I'm back in school now. I can just use the computers here to download it on to zip. finally

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 03, 2002 10:56 PM            
same here too big - thats why the bz mod wll be on dreamers server as well as on cd.

IP:

JVortex
posted January 04, 2002 01:47 AM            
well i guess its a good thing then that i didnt make it any bigger! heh. sorry about the size guys.

because of the fact that im not the "original" author of some of the items in the pack i cant stank it on CD and send it to people that way AND take money for the shipping and cost of the CD. but SOMEONE else making a CD of it and then that CD being passed around would be just fine . nice idea.

you guys think its a pain to d load the file, just immagine how i felt (and sailor, who i sent it to) durring the initial upload process off my 56K computer! hehe.

Ni, what do you mean its not working? thats odd, its just an HTML file.... odd problem. email at me or something and ill send you a new copy of it.

hope a way is found for everyone to get it at some point. thanks all

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited January 04, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted January 04, 2002 02:03 AM            
I'm behind the curve on the Storm Racer mod... so maybe the answer is obvious - but could someone tell me if this is the only download link: http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/html/TM/bzdload.htm ?

It was a dead link, at least for me, as of 11 PM Pacific. Thanks.

Nevermind, just awoke to TM Central.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited January 04, 2002).]

IP:

Cell
posted January 04, 2002 07:10 AM         
I D/L it twice on 56k, and both times I got an "invalid Zip archive" warning when I tried to unzip it, so I had to use a Zip repair program to get it to work.

The server does support resuming downloads, so try using a download manager to get the file.

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited January 04, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 04, 2002 09:00 AM            
Cell, do you use a download manger of sorts? like DAP or Go!Zilla? I used DAP and had the same prob.. just had to resort to using the straight windows download and save it manually. It worked then.

thanks, JV.. it's away!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Paranor
posted January 04, 2002 02:19 PM            
Well, Dreamer beat me to the punch.

I'm willing to send out some CD's and get reimbursed via paypal. Any thoughts on that?

I trust all of you but just so that I have some teeth on receiving payment is the BAN file for banning server access based on IP addresses?

Thoughts on doing it that way? USA only plz!

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

Cell
posted January 04, 2002 05:26 PM         
NI, the first time I D/L was Windows Default download and got "invalid file type" when I tried to open it, then I tried a Download Manager, with the same result. It still reported it as an invalid zip file. I tried 3 different zip programs, same result.

I repaired the zip file, and it seemed to unzip just fine, so I don't know what the problem was. I figure it was just one of those days

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted January 04, 2002 09:36 PM            
how do you repair it, Cell? Cos I've had a few probs with DAP and corrupt zip files! the help seems useless!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Karldar
posted January 04, 2002 09:54 PM            
I take it that this is why I haven't seen anyone on my server(which is temporarily down-lol) lately.

BTW, I'm willing and able to dist. SR CD's if people need 'em. Just need help with shipping(via PayPal is good).

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

Paranor
posted January 04, 2002 10:00 PM            
Alrighty then - we have 2 people ready to burn CD's. Any takers? Cmon - gimme your home addresses. MUAHAHAHAHA

------------------
...yeah honey, one more game and I'll be done. NOT!
Family. Redefined.

IP:

KONG
posted January 04, 2002 10:08 PM            
coax, Jv, you guys are close by. if u want i can burn a couple of cd's. might as well put all the tm stuff on them. lol. no sense in wasting space. let me know

------------------
Come get some! Kongs-Maps

IP:

A2597
posted January 04, 2002 11:15 PM            
whats their problem? never heard of getright?
got it all, first try.
(Getright Rules! I frequent the 100MB+ a week download range, at 3.5K a second!!!)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

KONG
posted January 05, 2002 12:06 AM            
i frequent the 1 gb a week clubhouse. dude. lol . well, maybe alot more. i'm a proggy hunter. hmmm, warbirds openGL is 900 mb's. think that puts me over for this week.

------------------
Come get some! Kongs-Maps

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited January 05, 2002).]

IP:

Cell
posted January 05, 2002 11:11 AM         
Hey NI, here's a big list of free zip tools, several have built-in file repair. (Filzip, for instance)

And another list of Download Tools, mostly freeware, some adware.(look at the Version Description box on the left)

File Splitting tools are here, if anyone needs that, too

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted January 05, 2002 11:40 AM            
Kong, I downloaded flight Sim 2002 pro. That was 1.5 Gigs. And it only took 8 hours to download. Muhahahaha

------------------
click...click...BOOM!!
Family. Redefined.

IP: