|
Author Topic:   Mining and Cookie Dough Servers - TEST
wolfman
posted January 02, 2002 01:11 PM            
I am hosting one of each of the above - need feedback from people on whether they can get on alright, playability, quirks in weapons, etc etc. Any comments most appreciated. Thanks.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 02, 2002 03:46 PM            
How about a place to download the mods are is it all server side?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 02, 2002 04:06 PM            
After I read the other posts I know its on the way.Thanks to Wolfman for hosting and everyone else that helped me track it down.Now lets get on that server and you'll see why I like it so much......for those of you that haven't played it before.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 02, 2002 04:30 PM            
Just tried it our but its not complete.JV said the mod pack was about 380k.I noticed some one of Neoki's mods in there and also the MIRV which I don't think Dudy created.Might have to try out the one JV has as soon as I get it.Also noticed it didn't have the r-grenade and napalm rockets.Everything else is correct but there is quite a bit missing,

IP:

Kevlar
posted January 02, 2002 05:28 PM            
Great Server! I like that oversized dirtball. It's hillarious.

------------------
TM-Central.com

IP:

wolfman
posted January 02, 2002 05:52 PM            
Appreciate all the input - will be trying to do it all server side - still learning and waiting for updated files from some of you out there. Keep up the input - suggestions, comments etc and we can go from there. Thanks

IP:

Vlad
posted January 02, 2002 06:59 PM            
Yeah, some of the stuff on the Wild Mods server is not server side (was seeing invisible tanks/weapons).

Easy way to tell if something is server side or not: look in the addons directory. If there's any files in the subdirectories other than .ENT files, then it's not a server side mod. BMPs, WAVs, LWOs, VEDs, etc can't be downloaded when you connect to a server, so if any of those are needed for the mods you're trying to use, then it's not server side.

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted January 02, 2002 08:10 PM            
me like it i love the shadow keeper and need must get the cookie dough wolfman and pablo know whhat im talking bout i like it for more resons like with 3 ppl on there i had barley any lagg some very ummm intresting weapons

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted January 02, 2002 10:11 PM            
You guys will really like Cookie Dough when it is complete.....working on that now.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 02, 2002 11:17 PM            
played that when i first started playing tm - loads o fun - really miss that....

IP:

JVortex
posted January 03, 2002 01:37 AM            
just sent off the FT&CD pack to you super. the grenade bomb (bouncing pop-over, whatever its called) mod cant be SSO since it has a custom texture to the rocket.

the pack im sending off is 100% SSO. tho i havent played around w/ it any yet, so theres probably a few errors in it here and there. if the original tree strike weapon is in there (tree strike is in there, tho i dont know if its the original or not) be sure not to include it on the server. i dont recall what was wrong w/ it offhand, but it made excess lag in some form or another. i think Rex made a fix for it tho.

also in the pack i have are a few garbage files that can be removed. if i remember right RC had just simply zipped up his current AddOns folder, removed some excess files quickly by hand and sent me a copy of it. so give it a look thru.

have fun

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP: