|
Author Topic:   Tournament Ruleset.
=DNX= Matrix
posted December 30, 2001 11:44 PM            
What would you like to see implimentd in the ruleset - remember this is the first 24 hr tourney at dmf - the first of many - so now is your chance to speak upnd hep us create a fair rulest for all future tourneys to follow as standard.

Need rules for:

DM / CTF / RACE modes.

lets see whats on your mind about fair and unfair - and remember be sensible when submitting a rule - this thread will shape the future of tm

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A DDM EVENT WHERE ANYONE CAN JOIN IN - THESE ARE DMF EVENTS AND ARE MEMBERS ONLY.

The reason for this will become apparent when people decide to break such rules. DMF stands for honourable and fair gamplay.

[ www.dmf.filetap.com ]
[ www.dnxworld.com ]

DNX Matrix

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 31, 2001 12:17 AM            
rules? we need rules?

No foul language for one. And how about easy on the newbie bashing

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 31, 2001 12:51 AM            
newbie basing lol - dude if they enter thyre a valid target lol... how u think us prog get score - by going after the smokers lol !

no swearing tho is good - like that np.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 31, 2001 01:07 AM            
Dunno how to enforce this, but I think we need a maximum netrate setting for DDMs and/or tourneys. It might make for a less laggy and therefore more enjoyable gaming experience all round. I think I've got mine set at 3k-mebbe 2.

Just curious, but how far should we go with the curse-free zone? Is WTF okay or is that considered swearing too? And just to be a troublemaker-when I type "fudge", I'm not talkin' 'bout a tasty chocolate dessert . Izzat swearing or not?

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 31, 2001 01:47 AM            
i like the line "use your best judgement". Although i mentioned hammering a midget earlier in one game. And Paranor was getting a taste of gangbanging me with his brother.

Although hammering a midget holds special meaning for those that read the general board

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted December 31, 2001 01:53 AM            
The only rules I can thing off is how the scoreing is going to be done if there is going to more than one server. What about AI's. Need to set up servers only for the matchs. You go on the server you must be a DMF member. Maybe we need to keep the IP address private to keep non-members out.

Just some thoughts.

------------------
click...click...BOOM!!
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 31, 2001 02:22 AM            
don't keep the ip hidden. That way we can tell new people to sign up at the dmf

IP:

Rex R
posted December 31, 2001 02:24 AM            
keep in mind these are only suggestions. offhand I'ld say try to keep the language to a pg rating (preferably G but lets be realistic)
also might be nice for dial-up players(well those who have an older box, not nesessarially dial-up) if the start delay is somewhere in the 45-60 sec region. IMHO fudge,shoot, blast, crims, wtf all fall into the g-pg rating. afterall we can't really hear how you're saying it

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 31, 2001 10:20 AM            
well on the swearing side i tend to use "replacement" words of acronyms - so WTF would be fine i guess, and things i use are "Holy Smeg" or "Crap" or whatever...

As foir the IP - ya dont hide it.

ICQ shoud be closed i think because it can create lag by checking the icq network for ppl who go online and offline etc - the connection should be purely "the game" to reduce lag artifacts.

I think the non recharge of the shadow is sensible.

What about a 10 second Spawn-safe rule that allows a fragged player to get back on the map without dying b4 having the chance to turn, grab a wepon to defend or even run.

the chat also should have a 10 second safe limit - for comments only - lengtthy chats can be done in the game chatroom.

thoughts ?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 01, 2002 10:43 PM            
well ?

IP:

guido 1
posted January 02, 2002 07:20 PM         
sounds fair , but i better defer to the lady and / or kiddie tm members on this .... ( guido only rook ..... in game of life )..... hehe .... that makes me 1 up on kong ..... he's only a pawn LOL .

IP:

ARAGON
posted January 02, 2002 10:30 PM            
I am with Matrix on setting a spawning rule. The degree of which people accept spawn kills covers the spectrum quite well (don't care, 3 seconds, 5 seconds, don't even do it, etc).

I don't belive one should be set with chatting. Tournaments are about getting frag counts for either yourself or your clan. If you want to stop and chat, it should be open season.

IMHO

------------------
Don't disrespect the 'Bing.....=LWA=

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 02, 2002 11:11 PM            
ill be summing up on the 10th and finalising oin the 15th ready for the tourney - so if anyone has anything else to add - now is the time

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 04, 2002 02:21 AM            
Whats "the bing" ?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 06, 2002 12:27 AM            
ok looks like this has dried up if were all done ill start on some basic rules of engagement for tourneys

IP:

ARAGON
posted January 06, 2002 10:07 AM            
The 'Bing is short for the Bada Bing; the hangout for the guys on the Sopranos. One of my favorite quotes from the movie is when Tony tells "don't disrespect the 'Bing" to Joe Pantoliano character.

------------------
Honey, you watch Lifetime movies for 10 hours straight.......why can't I play TM for 10 hours?
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and LWA-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 06, 2002 10:09 AM            
Cool

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 11, 2002 01:19 PM            
ok ruleset up : http://boards.gamers.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=dmf4gamers&id=zzzon

if anyone has an amendment - it needs to be done before the 15th Jan.

cheers.

IP: