|
Author Topic:   [D.O.G] Death or Glory Clan
King John 1st
posted December 30, 2001 01:55 PM            
The 'Death or Glory' Clan appears to have formed during a five minute conversation in a game this afternoon in which everyone joined! Hope it lasts as long.
Now I don't know if we can add any thing like mods or maps to the game but with any luck, we may well be a half decent force against the rest of you clans, if not we can at least add some fodder!

Those who've joined so far....

[D.O.G] Red Dog
[D.O.G] King John 1st
[D.O.G] Bonzo Dog
[D.O.G] The Cad
[D.O.G] Corpse
[D.O.G] Robo Jaws
[D.O.G] Hut
[D.O.G]..........

I'll run up a web page.

Er, is that it?....

(edit) Another member, Welcome Hut.

[This message has been edited by King John 1st (edited December 31, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted December 30, 2001 02:01 PM            
woohooooooooooooo
good job

------------------
Mongo only pawn, in game of life.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 30, 2001 02:19 PM            
Cool! I think it's alreay lasted longer than Goathead did-lol.

BTW-nice sig, KONG. LMAO!

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 30, 2001 04:09 PM            
lol, me and Super were discussing recruiting half those people in are own respective clans

hey if things don't work out...

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

I.C.A.B.R.U.O.K.
Say each letter one at a time and it makes a sentence. Its the longest single letter sentence I can think of :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 30, 2001 04:17 PM            
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats it....I guess we can have 10 clans with two players in each

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted December 30, 2001 04:22 PM            
Just make sure you get the D.O.G.'s here to start making themselves known.

I was going to ask the the 2 dogs if they wanted to join DNX. Oh well, just happy to see more people playing.

------------------
=DNX= Tiggs
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.
Click...Click...BOOM!

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Tiggs (edited December 30, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 30, 2001 09:08 PM            
If more clans come so be it. I'm making a new clan call the Coax Only Clan. COC<~~~wait that doesn't sound right

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 30, 2001 10:55 PM            
why ?

LMAO ! j/k *Cough* lol

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 30, 2001 10:57 PM            
membership at dmf is optional...... but requited if u want to take part in the up and coming dmf events.
www.dmf.filetap.com

tm page - join today link (top left)

u need:

full members list / email of the leader / a website / a banner or logo (same size as the ones on display in the clans page).

and just take it from there

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 30, 2001 11:06 PM            
wow LWA as a whole doesn't beleive in a leader / a website / a banner or logo

oh-well

then again technically we shouldn't recruit either

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 31, 2001 10:36 AM            
i thought neo was the leader - min u a spokesperson may be more suited to lwa.... however in order to include lwa in dmf events it needs a banner to show membership.

I sure it wouldnt be too hard to make a simple page stating membership - the reason for this ? ok suppose somebody arranges a 1 vs 1 - say [bwl dreamer] vs [lwa clickbob] (made up btw) if clickbob isnt a member then the score doesnt count and dreamer wasted his time. to allow this to score it opens everyone as a member of lwa without notice and automatically a member of dmf which brings us back to the point of - why become a member ?

lwa is currently an open door that anyone feels free to walk into and wear the lwa uniform without knowledge of the other members..... this is where order is needed.

what about getting news around - eg: they dont read forums - the spokesperson would pass info round about events by email or icq - but there maybe some1 who doesnt ca5e and simply wears the uni. they dont know about an event because no body told em - nobody told em cos nobody knew they wore the name and the result is that that new person doesnt follow the dmf ruleset through ignorance yet ruins a tourney game and rubish's lwa's name - granted its a worst case scenario but i think u see what im getting at.

with a webpage and member list if dreamer arranges to fight this clickbob guy then checks the site and finds his names misiing - he knows not to bother because he wont attain a score from such a battle.

the only other way to stop this happening is to count all lwa as lonewolves only on dmf events who should indevidually register and whos scores wouldnt have a clan ranking.

im not trying to dictate procedure - but its a case of knowing how to keep things fair, having a method of checking the validity of membership, making sure all the lwa ppl follow the ruleset during tourneys and that everyone is aware is pretty much a pre-requisite for any scoring system or tournament.

IP:

synack
posted December 31, 2001 03:01 PM         
KJ, you might want to have a little chat with some of the DOG pack about language. I won't name names, but I just got done playing against a few of them, and they had just about the foulest mouths I've seen on TM. Sailor was there as well, so he could vouch for it. I wouldn't want Tiger or Shadow playing on the same server as those guys. Good luck.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 31, 2001 10:00 PM            
These kind of reports on the main forum will hinder the membership of the clan to DMF as well thus preventing them taking an active part in ant future tm based events.

IP:

KONG
posted December 31, 2001 10:03 PM            
as a clan

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 01, 2002 03:01 AM            
if indeviduals can be fingered then indeviduals too.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted January 01, 2002 08:03 AM            
I realise i may have been a little riskay synack, sailor,but i realy had no intention of offending anyone,( newyears eve booze an all that)I did not swear though but i realise the content was pretty bad. SORRY. all i can do now is leave it to your judgment

IP:

guido 1
posted January 01, 2002 08:28 AM         
well looks like we can't play unless we all join some clan . not all of us have a web page , or use icq . i check the bb regularly and play regularly and not all of us want 10 emails a day , about some map modding seminar or such . i'd be happy with a group of 6 or 8 players that play regularly and show up for the ddm's . also i'm not into those weird ctf maps and don't like playin them , or i would play them .... would that be cause in a clan to say i was not participating ??? some of us find instant messenger programs to be intrusive , if you have 10 or 20 people in your address list , you never get anything done online but chat , i don't mind some people knowing my email , but not anyone i don't give it to myself , if i post it on the bb then i might get a lot of unwanted comments , i get enough spam now .

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 01, 2002 09:51 AM            
guido, lonewolves are exactly that and can happily register with or without a website - clans do require them - i was trying to make the distinction tween clan and lonwolf as opposed to collection of lonewolves being scored as a clan .. its kinda a headache in case you never tried it lol.

IP:

synack
posted January 01, 2002 10:22 AM         
Bonzo, foul language doesn't offend me personally; it just isn't necessary and it detracts from the enjoyment of the game. We've got several young players out there who are 9 or 10 years old. One I met yesterday is actually 6, as was mentioned by her father who was also online. I can't enjoy TM knowing that, at any moment, some young player may be subjected to a barrage of profanity.

That being said, and for the record, I don't think it was you who was using the foul language. It was your fellow-DOG pack player with whom you were talking. I'll not name names, but he knows who he is.

I'm perfectly willing to forget the whole thing if some people will just please clean up their acts, and have fun. This problem occurs from time to time, and usually clears up once the offenders get the message. I hope that's the case here as well.

IP:

guido 1
posted January 01, 2002 10:32 AM         
i'll take your word for the headache part matrix . maybe someone will see my R2R post and be interested . i'm lookin for somethin more structured than lwa , but not overly so . i just want to play in the ddm's and will register at dmf as lonewolf if i have to . fun ...... oh btw with R2R there are no secret handshakes ...... yet .... hehe .

IP:

reddog
posted January 01, 2002 01:32 PM         
On my box that TM came in it says for 3+, we should all remember that what is late at night in one country is school leaving off time in another, it is best to keep the swearing off for that alone.
But then again we all make mistakes and we can all learn from them.
Keep it descent.

Red Dog

IP:

guido 1
posted January 01, 2002 02:29 PM         
i wonder where the 3 + rating came from ? seems too complicated for any child that age . not to mention it is a bit violent in content for that group . so now what ? frag kindergartners ? what next ? grade school clans ???? jeeeeezzzz .

IP:

King John 1st
posted January 01, 2002 05:23 PM            
I dunno, I turn my back to try and run up a webpage and....what!...where?...when?

Seriously tho, I have been assured that it won't happen again and that it was two friends having a laugh.
Sure we all use certain words all the time and some are offended and some aren't but it has to be said weather young or old, that some words can be deeply offensive when spelt out on-screen.
That was realised as soon as that game ended and was regretted even before the first post on the subject, but, hey! you can't keep a bad DOG down (bad boy!) I'll still throw 'im a stick.

He's gotta learn somehow!

(keep forgeting that wink)

[This message has been edited by King John 1st (edited January 01, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 01, 2002 10:22 PM            
+3 lol, they musta seen me comin' - i needed top open the box lol !

IP:

[ D.O.G.] HUT ( PL )
posted January 02, 2002 03:27 PM            
Lots of people ask me about PL in my nick.
This two letters on the end of my nick means that I'm cominng from Poland. It's a international shortcut for my country.

IP: