|
Author Topic:   hmm, I've had the full version for awhile now...
A2597
posted December 19, 2001 06:42 PM            
so now I ask...
are there any mineing events planed?
where is the flying tanks and cookie dough server?

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

synack
posted December 19, 2001 08:32 PM         
good questions.

Those servers were fun.

Where did they go? RC???????????????

IP:

TurdHeart
posted December 19, 2001 09:59 PM            
What was the mining server all about anyway? I sounds pretty cool. Before I left I was on some server with dancing cookiedough boxes. I accumulated so much ammo I was able to call in 100 airstrikes at once. Almost died laughing.

IP:

Paranor
posted December 19, 2001 11:43 PM            
I'll see if I can host something - but first I'd have to know what you are talking about. I know what the cookie dough is but don't know anything about flyin tanks or dancing.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 20, 2001 12:35 AM            
*cackles evily* *reachs into cpu with hands and pulls out a GIANT box of fun little things* Flying Tanks and Cookie dough aww yes hehe, JL and Dudymas set that server up a while ago. I might, JUST MIGHT, maybe even *MIGHT* have it lying aronud somewhere it was real kewl. I also have dudymas's TreadMarks in a Microwave server i don't think anybody but me him and JL have played on. Everything is nuclear in some way its very kewl! just thinking, i DO have it now im 100% sure it IS laying around somewhere.......etc tell me if u want me to get it out, and who u want me to send it to to host

IP:

Paranor
posted December 20, 2001 12:58 AM            
I've got bandwidth!

Just briefly played with this "mining server" - Kong helped me and sent it via icq. Different. Swamers makes some hills and 120mm makes a big hole?

send what you got to karl@karllois.com and I'll see what I can cook up or maybe weatherman, hammer or anyone else.

thx

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 20, 2001 08:19 AM         
Don't cook me up in no microwave! Run with it Par, I already have 1 retro server with another waiting in the wing. Sound like fun tho

IP:

A2597
posted December 20, 2001 10:06 AM            
I played a microwave server before...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

synack
posted December 20, 2001 10:23 AM         
Paranor (and others who may not know),

I think it was RC who setup and hosted the mining guild server, with the participation of Dudymas and perhaps others.

I don't want to sound like an expert since I only played there a few times, but the goal in life on that server was not fragging (although sometimes Dudy misbehaved), but terrain deformation ... digging VERY big holes ... tunneling all the way through mountains, etc. To that end, some weapons were modded to be insanely overpowered in order to make them good mining tools. Some of those holes were so deep, the only way out was to Alt-K yourself.

We had a few good jousting matches on that server as well ... lining up across a flat plain ... gunning the engines ... and plowing into each other head-on at 150 mph.

Ahhhh ... boys and their toys.

IP:

Hammer
posted December 20, 2001 11:41 AM            
Mining and jousting sounds like fun. Diggin holes and rammin Heads, now these are guy things for sure.
The bazooka would be a great mining tool, I am sure there are a few other newer weapons that would be suited to the job which weren't around when these servers were originally up.

IP:

synack
posted December 20, 2001 12:15 PM         
Absolutely!

One example that springs to mind is the Tornado. It'd be awsome if it dug down while it swirled and traveled. Instant Grand Canyon

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 20, 2001 03:40 PM            
I know of a tornado that does just that...

The Wave Motion Cannon by Killer.
WMC

------------------

See it in action http://www.tm-central.com/animation/shorts/killer_wmc.gif

---
[Edit]Dang UBB code

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited December 20, 2001).]

IP:

synack
posted December 22, 2001 05:21 PM         
bump

so, is anyone considering hosting The Mining Server again.

ping RC!! Where are you??????????

IP:

wolfman
posted December 22, 2001 10:47 PM            
There was a mining server up the other night and I went on - only all the weapons were normal and no mining I want to be Microwaved real soon lol

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 23, 2001 07:44 PM            
What does microwave server mean?

Just one comment about the mining server I'll like to say. It use to be up when TM wasn't getting many people on the servers. And sometimes it was the only server with humans so of course i went in there, but I never could understand the fascination of making holes it just got so boring i typically went to an empty server to face off with bots instead. I will admit, at times it was fun but i really had to be in the mood.

IP:

Paranor
posted December 24, 2001 01:52 AM            
I have it on my local PC and ran it locally once. Maybe I"ll run it as a server later this week.

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.
Click...Click...BOOM

IP: