|
Author Topic:   KASPLATT V3
Paranor
posted December 19, 2001 12:35 PM            
It's KASPATT.
It's back.
It's slightly updated.
It's up!

It's the old Kasplatt V2 (w/patch1) with the Tron RED tank added. Why? I like TRON.

For you new guys the KASPLATT also includes the ubelieveable Romulan Warbid (it cloaks!) and Voyager tanks. Along with some other modded tanks.

Includes well balanced modded weapons.

The map rotation is not what I want so I'll be changing that shortly. No modded maps though.

get the file at http://www.karllois.com/files/kasplatt_v3.zip

THE POWER OF THE ROMULAN EMPIRE....!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted December 20, 2001 04:47 AM            
thanx dude =)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 20, 2001 03:40 PM            
Thank Paranor!Meet you on there tonight

IP:

Vlad
posted December 21, 2001 12:37 AM            
Hey Paranor, in case I don't see you on ICQ soon, I'll tell you here. Some things in that pack are a little out of date.

The main things I noticed so far at the Voyager and Warbird tanks. They both suffer from the "engine sound" bug. Basically, when you switch tanks, it causes the engine sounds to screw up (among other menu sounds).

I'm willing to bet that the voyager still has the overly powerful torpedos, too. Haven't checked yet, though.

IP:

Paranor
posted December 21, 2001 11:37 AM            
I pulled it off of JVORTEX's site. JV - any ideas?

IP:

Vlad
posted December 21, 2001 01:12 PM            
Hmm.. I meant to be more descript. I think I was tired and rushing. I could have sworn I told you the fix :-).

Here's what you need to remove...

From Racetank/Voyager.ent
MultiKillSound = VoyagerMultiKillSound
MultiKillTime = 4.0

From Racetank/Warbird.ent
MultiKillSound = WarbirdMultiKillSound
MultiKillTime = 4.0

That should fix the problem.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 21, 2001 02:39 PM            
And you had the server set with team scoring with a max of 30 so matches were over in less than 10

IP:

Paranor
posted December 21, 2001 05:38 PM            
Thanks Vlad. Will the new settings on my server overwrite what people have on their PC?

Kevlar, do you have these changes in your master list?

Super, I forgot about that - was playing with REX at lunch thursday - quick matches. Should be fixed.

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 21, 2001 06:54 PM            
I thought I had the latest because I downloaded the tanks individually, which had a "small fix patch" with voyager but I will check.

IP:

JVortex
posted December 22, 2001 01:37 AM            
good to see that Kasplattt isnt completely dead . be aware that, if i remember right, that should be the pack where i altered the tron tanks to have the Armored Tron (blue) and the Fast Attack Tron (red).

sorry about the confusion on them tanks guys. i thought that the versions on my site were the updated ones, tho im not sure. i dont even remember at the moment if i did update those to remove those lines.

they worked fine in single player and gave you problems only on servers. just a glitch in the TM engine is all.

go ahead and alter them to take out those lines, no prob. and yes the servers ent files will over ride those on the clients computers

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming...

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited December 22, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted December 22, 2001 01:59 AM            
if one gets bored you can always try shooting down the shadow cruiser. not sure which weap.s work best, concussion missiles work

IP:

Vlad
posted December 23, 2001 12:12 AM            
Actually, the only thing that can stop a shadow cruiser would be a solid object, like a tree/plasma shield/tank, or building. It's just a big projectile, which doesn't collide with other projectiles.

It just sorta crashes after about 30 seconds on its own, though.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 29, 2001 02:39 AM            
um while trying something with entegrty I ran a portion of the server mods through it and found 5 errors in shadow cruiser, 1 in shatter missile and 1 in the spirit bomb. I will check further to see if those errors are definately in the server pak or something I goofed up. one of the shadow errors was I think explohit = spewer/wonk not found (its wonkspew) other errors included type mismatches

IP:

Vlad
posted December 29, 2001 09:32 AM            
Oh, for crying out loud...

I just finished going through this with Kevlar about two weeks ago, too.

Apparently, ENTegrity isn't aware of the fact that filenames and type names do NOT have to match. The spewer I called in the Shadow Summoner is actually one of the LDA stock ENTs. The filename is Spewer/Wonkspew.ent, but the class/type is Spewer/Wonk. Since TM only pays attention to class/type and not filename, changing the call to Spewer/Wonkspew will break that part of the mod.

In the ENTegrity error report that Kevlar sent me there were only 2 errors, and both had to do with the same "wrong" spewer call. If there's any other errors, please email me the ENTegrity report.

IP:

swisher
posted December 29, 2001 12:07 PM            
Yes, Vlad. You're right. I have made changes to ENTegrety 1.10 (released 12-29-2001) to address this issue. The fix I implemented isn't perfect, but it does prevent a "hard error" from occurring in Tread Marks. What ENTegrety will now do is still recommend changing "ExploHitEnt = Spewer/Wonk" to "ExploHitEnt = Spewer/WonkSpew", but, when the change is made, a new error is raised when processing the WonkSpew.ent file because its type (of Wonk) wouldn't match the file name (which is WonkSpew).

What I really need to do is write a C++ module to recurse the directories at ENTegrety start up, make class/type pairs for all .ent files, write them to a temporary file, and then use that file as the definative TRUTH as to wheather or not Tread Marks will complain about a class/type reference. I want to do it in C++ because GLPRO would really be a dog performer for this function. ENTegrety is slow enough!

The ideal fix for the Spewer/Wonk issue would be to change the reference from "ExploHitEnt = Spewer/Wonk" to "ExploHitEnt = Spewer/WonkSpew" and change WonkSpew.ent to have "Type = WonkSpew". I know this is an LDA generated file, so it's a delema.

This issue does go beyond my original spec for ENTegrety -- the program was meant to enforce structure as much as anything. It is much easier to look at a mod and see a reference to spewer/wonkspew and find that file in the spewer directory under the name wonkspew.ent.

Let's try ENTegrety version 1.10 for now and see how it goes. I'll start working on the C++ module to recurse as I have time (I'm not a C++ expert, unfortunately).

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

Rex R
posted December 29, 2001 01:40 PM            
quite. discovered that last nite. guess we can excuse LDA for the slip, afterall they didn't have entegrety when they were writing the game. so once I eliminated those I had a type mis-match and 2 typos(1 was propogatespew). wasn't trying to critisize you Vlad. was trying to point out that the server pak had errors in it(haven't found any serious ones, yet)

IP: