This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4  |
Author Topic:   Sunday 2/10/02: 1st Annual Seumas McNally Birthday Bash DDM
synack
posted December 19, 2001 10:52 AM         
Figured it would be a good idea to start a new thread with a more descriptive title.

Mark your calendars now for Sunday, February 10th when we'll gather to celebrate Seumas' birthday with a good old-fashioned DDM.

LDA Jim has happily endorsed the idea, and promises to be there to join us!

For any of the newer players who'd like to learn more about Seumas, please take a look here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/memorial/seumas/

IP:

Hammer
posted December 19, 2001 11:13 AM            
Marked the date and ready to rumble!

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted December 19, 2001 03:37 PM            
hopefully i can get there if not darn *will smack head on table repeatly* but have fun guys if im not there and jive them a butt whippin for me

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

A2597
posted December 19, 2001 03:43 PM            
I'll try my hardest to make it!
Don't know what my schedual will be like then, may not have an hour to sapre to have fun.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

MexIndian
posted December 19, 2001 05:44 PM            
I also try to be there... although it's hard to envision being trapped under heavy objects. I must say this object would have to be quite large to keep me away that day.

Oh yeah, and I like the DDM idea, but I think Coax, Tiggs and Super should be on one team... I feel bad that everyone is always beating the snot out of them... we should give them a chance, no?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

sorry

------------------
Quarter-Mexican.... Quarter-Indian... Quarter- fragging extravaganza, and a healthy helping of sometimes-not-so-good-at-this-game.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 19, 2001 06:09 PM            
*brings out his last can of Dudymas's HomeMade Cookie Dough* I'll be there? btw, wheres Dudymas and Kateo and others.......? hehe, *steps out into the cold to find dudy*

IP:

synack
posted December 19, 2001 06:11 PM         
/me ducks to avoid incoming pies directed at MexIndian

IP:

synack
posted December 19, 2001 06:13 PM         
Whoa! A GA post! What next? An appearance by Dudy? Oh, what a Christmas it would be.

Uh ... GA? Where's the smileys?

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted December 20, 2001 12:08 AM            
LOL Mex...

I will be there...

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted December 20, 2001 04:58 AM            
haha ye mex i with you , unless i hav to be up the next day @ 6am or somthing (8pm est is 1 am gmt for me)then ill come play a DDM to be remembered

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

Hunter
posted December 20, 2001 01:35 PM            
I will be there for the party bash. Doing a little huntin.

------------------
Stop the gibber jabber I Need Work! =DNX= Hunter

IP:

Paranor
posted December 21, 2001 11:45 AM            
Someone posted a while back about an idea or something that happened for DDM #1 where everyone gathered at the foot of a tall hill and someone took a snapshot. Sound like something we sould do? We'd need to lose the CLAN insignias to have less garbled tanks.

And Goku suggested a 21 NUCLEAR salute. hehe.

Oh wait, let's all gather together with nukes, take that picture and FIRE!

Maybe we'll have a hole into china.

IP:

synack
posted December 21, 2001 11:57 AM         
Sounds like some interesting ideas!

Yes, at DDM#1 and maybe 2? we all gathered at one spot, waiting for the appointed hour to arrive before we'd start shootin'

There was always someone with an itchy trigger finger who'd let it fly, and it would start others firing back. It was pretty funny, and basically impossible to keep under control. I'd almost forgotten about that.

IP:

Karldar
posted December 21, 2001 12:04 PM            
I'll be there-in case I haven't said so already .

Ah, the good ol' days...I'd forgotten about that . 'Course, I also liked everyone getting on the same team on a mining server with team damage turned off. Someone would grab a nuke and we'd all huddle together to wait for the ride-lol. Yup, definitely need a mining server.

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

Karldar
posted January 03, 2002 07:36 PM            
reminder bump

IP:

synack
posted January 03, 2002 08:28 PM         
Thanks for the bump.

I was going to bump it soon, but you beat me to the bump.

Let's keep the plan alive friends!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted January 03, 2002 10:11 PM            
Bells are on and ready to go. Keep the flame alive.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted January 03, 2002 10:52 PM            
Announced it on the dmf tm page - i recon it should be an annual event.

ps: added some more tm links too - honestly - if anyone has a website or tool i dont have on there drop me a thread - doing my best
www.dmf.filetap.com

IP:

Karldar
posted January 04, 2002 06:14 PM            
Sorry 'bout beatin' ya to the bump, Synack . It's just been on my mind lately cuz I just requested the night off from work so's I can participate without interference. Plus, I'll be gettin' paid to play TM-woohoo!

So is there going to be an LDA server up and running for this prestigious event or izzat still too early for you guys, Jim? Fergot when ya'll are gonna have that capability. Personally, I think it would be particularly appropriate to christen the LDA server(s) with this tribute to Seumas. Just my 2 1/2 Pfennig .

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

synack
posted January 17, 2002 06:49 PM         
bump

Just keeping it on the radar.

LDA Jim, did you see Karldar's question?

Inquiring minds want to know!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 17, 2002 08:02 PM            
Sorry, I've been distracted....

I'm green at this, but will take a crack at getting things set up by early next week.

As a number of of you seem to be net admins and all around network gurus I'll lay things out and welcome any comments, advice and help.

I've finally got the raw setup of 5 fixed IP addresses and a Cisco router from AT&T with what they call ADSL service. (I can't remember the upload speed but it is noticably faster than the DSL we have in our Condo, which is just across the street from the office and thus equally close to a major downtown Toronto Bell/AT&T switch.)

The Cisco router connects to a Linksys router/port and our working machines hide behind that. I just put in an ftp server as we've started doing a lot more of our work from back at the condo. (We'll keep our web-site with Prohosting in Utah as it handles 3-400gigs of downloads/month nicely.)

I plan to put a hub between the Cisco router and the linksys and set-up a couple of dedicated machines, each on its own fixed IP address, one to run the master server and one to run a game server. It might cause fewer problems than hiding the game server behind the linksys. i.e. If someone trashes it, nothing else will be damaged.

Jim

IP:

King John 1st
posted January 17, 2002 08:29 PM            
Just gotta be good!

IP:

Cell
posted January 17, 2002 09:01 PM         
Maybe host a wed nite thrashing on it to see how it handles the bandwidth demands, that should be a good stress test

IP:

synack
posted January 18, 2002 07:58 AM         
Sweet!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted January 18, 2002 09:31 AM         
Sounds great! Par is the net guru - so step up hoss . The only thing I can think of is for LDA to test its upload rate at http://www.dslreports.com/stest/0 . Recommendation for server settings can come from there.

Thoughts on settings - stock, 6 teams, DDM, Team score on but no clan alignments <- we are all memebers of the same great community.
Anything else/different?

IP:

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4